******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    edited February 2023
    @Johnny Abruzzo ....what would your opinion of him be if defensive holding was not called and Hurts lead them to a game winning touch down?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    Was last night’s game entertaining I didn’t watch a single down 
    Very much so for 58 minutes. The first Super Bowl with two black QB's and they both had all-time performances. It's being called one of the great ones, not that that makes us feel any better. But you do you.
    Yes I heard it was a great game by both teams! I’m not sure what happened to me but I’ve completely lost interest in today’s sports world it doesn’t help the teams I root for all suck but still I just don’t watch sports these days.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,354
    @Johnny Abruzzo ....what would your opinion of him be if defensive holding was not called and Hurts lead them to a game winning touch down?
    Probably the same but yeah I wouldn't be complaining about him right now I'd be making parade plans.

I'll cut him some slack - the Chiefs scored 38 but one was a defensive TD and one drive started at the 5 yard line, and that brings them back to 24 points which is in line with what the Jags & Bengals held them to. Maybe you have a point. I will resign myself that he'll be back next year. He did a fine job with Cousins/Jefferson and on Daniel Jones (some teams had trouble with him). Also it seemed like the shitty field messed up the pass rush. (not an excuse for losing - I know both teams played on it - by the way please retire 94-year old George Toma)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    Maybe. I just don't think the guy has it. Felt that way last year too. It was a lousy feeling to be "right the whole time".
    Agree with you on Gannon.  He has gotten destroyed by every high level to great QB he has faced.  Gannon makes me long for Jim Schwartz and Schwartz drove me crazy as well.  You can't let a QB complete 80% of his passes and not try something different.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    The plays where they had an uncovered WR score TD's just due to confusing motion were humiliating. Josh Johnson could've thrown TD's on those plays. Yeah, Mahomes is truly great but other teams manage to stop him just a little bit.

I think that harder 2023 schedule will just shred the D if Gannon is still in charge.
    Hey hey hey....I'm concerned for your safety if you think Josh Johnson can complete touchdown passes.  :lol:    that guy is the worst!  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Probably the same but yeah I wouldn't be complaining about him right now I'd be making parade plans.

I'll cut him some slack - the Chiefs scored 38 but one was a defensive TD and one drive started at the 5 yard line, and that brings them back to 24 points which is in line with what the Jags & Bengals held them to. Maybe you have a point. I will resign myself that he'll be back next year. He did a fine job with Cousins/Jefferson and on Daniel Jones (some teams had trouble with him). Also it seemed like the shitty field messed up the pass rush. (not an excuse for losing - I know both teams played on it - by the way please retire 94-year old George Toma)
    No you'd be talking about how they got that one big stop when it mattered just like the '17 team did! lol

I could not believe it when told that George Toma is still the grounds keeper. I remember them making a big deal about him 30 fucking years ago. And he was old back then!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The plays where they had an uncovered WR score TD's just due to confusing motion were humiliating. Josh Johnson could've thrown TD's on those plays. Yeah, Mahomes is truly great but other teams manage to stop him just a little bit.

I think that harder 2023 schedule will just shred the D if Gannon is still in charge.
    Hey hey hey....I'm concerned for your safety if you think Josh Johnson can complete touchdown passes.  :lol:    that guy is the worst!  
    I was gonna say I could've thrown those TD passes but I couldn't go that far. My middling-sized Trump hands can't throw any kind of decent spiral.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

No you'd be talking about how they got that one big stop when it mattered just like the '17 team did! lol

I could not believe it when told that George Toma is still the grounds keeper. I remember them making a big deal about him 30 fucking years ago. And he was old back then!
    I mean, I still think Jim Schwartz stunk too.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    Wobbie said:
    time for the juggler to change this thread title and go back to his sixers thread.
    Done. Just for you. Happy, pappy?
    not really. it should still have some reference to “the last entertaining super bowl.” 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Gannon gone
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    edited February 2023
    Gannon to Cards officially according to ESPN.  Good luck trying to coach Kyler Murray
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    The-great-huzzah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I guess we'll find out who was right and wrong next year. As for me - buh bye.

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    time for the juggler to change this thread title and go back to his sixers thread.
    not really. it should still have some reference to “the last entertaining super bowl.” 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Hahaha.
    Wobbie's sisters are looking spry
    edited February 2023
    The-great-huzzah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I guess we'll find out who was right and wrong next year. As for me - buh bye.
    What are we going to find out next year? There's going to be quite a lot of shuffling of the defensive roster. 

Team loses the Super Bowl by 3 and I've actually seen some people happy that both of the coordinators are leaving. Pretty crazy. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'd have liked to keep Steichen (sp?). You really can't complain about the offense at all. Maybe we can hire Frank Reich back. (did he get a coaching job? I can't keep track)

edited February 2023
    I'd have liked to keep Steichen (sp?). You really can't complain about the offense at all. Maybe we can hire Frank Reich back. (did he get a coaching job? I can't keep track)
    Panthers...Colts fans might have some complaints about his offense. lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    I just think it's nuts that both of these coordinators - relatively new at the job at that - getting snatched up so quickly. Nothing against Gannon but I believe that kind of defense is predicated on having immense talent. Other than if your name is Bill Belichick doesn't seem like Defensive-minded head coaches don't usually work out.
    I just think it's nuts that both of these coordinators - relatively new at the job at that - getting snatched up so quickly. Nothing against Gannon but I believe that kind of defense is predicated on having immense talent. Other than if your name is Bill Belichick doesn't seem like Defensive-minded head coaches don't usually work out.
    The thing I believe a lot of fans don't understand is Gannon's defense is played throughout most of the league right now. I don' think there's a lot of blitz heavy D's anymore.

Jim Johnson and Buddy Ryan are not walking through that door.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2023
    Which is fine - one of those went onto be a shitty head coach.

All I'm saying is In Howie I Trust.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Hahaha.
    Wobbie's sisters are looking spry
    You mean Wobbie's granddaughters.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I think what we learned from the NFC this year (and in other recent years in general....) --- Defense doesn't win titles.  You want and need a good defense to get into position, but quarterbacks who are badasses and have good players/coaches win titles.  
    Philly was in position to do exactly that....they could run over you or pass around you.  They just ran into someone who could do the same and got 3 more points.

edited February 2023
    Yeah, it's hard to get back to the SB let alone win.

What shakes my confidence is the loss of this once-in-a-generation roster over the loss of the coordinators, that's why it stings more than anything, needed to win this one. They're designed to be competitive for the foreseeable future regardless (franchise QB, very good HC), but it's another thing to be the hands-down best team in the history of the franchise (with or without winning a Super Bowl). So we'll see - keep building out the lines, then work your way from the outside-in on defense. Again, In Howie I Trust.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

look out, now! mike mccarthy is calling plays next year ( or for ever how long he lasts as HC).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So a lot of the 49'ers are sore losers. And some of the Chiefs are sore winners, eh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Yep pretty savage by JuJu

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Kind of funny.  I probably wouldn't laugh if I was the Eagles player, but that is funny.
    Can't take these guys too seriously - they are football players. 
    Did anyone really care that Tom Brady walked off the field without shaking Nick Foles' hand?  (Why would they?)  Does anyone really care that Jalen Hurts left without shaking Patty Mahomes' hand?  (Why would they?)
    Did the Eagles players care that many 49ers players had trouble accepting the smack down they took at the Linc?  (Why would they?  Birds went to the Super Bowl.)

JuJu got the W, and he played well above how his normal game play has been the past few years.   Good for him.
    He's always been a joker,should come as no shock.

I dunno.  Just seems silly that players or especially fans care about stuff like this.  These guys talk trash constantly.  

As always, the outcome on the field stands.  
    "Scoreboard" is a response that will always work.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Ha.  Hurts is awesome.  I'm a big fan.
    He didn't do it on field, as is custom.  Do I care?  Not one bit.  Can't understand why anyone would.  
    Refusing to shake someone's hand could certainly be seen as a bad sport....but just heading to the locker room after a game should be perfectly acceptable.