• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    GlowGirl said:
    Wobbie said:
    ^^^ that’s great!

Winnie is on her way back from TX. she took 6th…..not bad, considering this is the big time national show.

Yay!! Winnie. What a champ. You must be very proud of her.

Winnie did OK. She is back at home, annoying me :lol:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Twinkie is ready for this cold weather! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    It’s with heavy heart I have to announce to passing of my sweet lil Matan “ matty”

he was 15 1/2 yrs old

he passed day after Xmas , happened very quickly… I tried to rush him to the vet after he woke up with a breathing issue, just went in a matter of minutes … he had some medical issues his last year, but overall decent health…. He was loved by so many, had a huge personality for a little dog. He came to us after my dad passed… he brought so much joy in a dark time, for that he will never be forgotten. I’m so grateful for him, and might sound ridiculous but he taught me valuable lessons. That whole unconditional love thing… it’s gonna be tough, he was always there… my shadow. Grateful for the time, 15 1/2 is a great run but it Goes fast…. Been just torn up since yesterday, have lotta support from family & friends… probably cried a gallon of tears.

love you Matty….. til we meet again 

also

Matty also belonged to the original poster of this thread…she loved him so much and together we cared for him…. She went above & beyond, special cooked food, walks, attention… you name it. She’s hurting as I am
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    I am so sorry for your loss. Many of us have been there, and feel your pain. Matty was adorable. I know you gave him a great life. The fact that he lived to be over 15 shows how well you cared for him. I agree that it does go fast. Think of all the good memories you have.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Aw Damn.
    So sorry for your loss CROJAM.
    RIP Matty.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ^ thank you guys. Pets are truly family members

dare I say better most of time 😬
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

So so sorry about matty loosing a member of your family is truly a hard thing to go through! 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

So so sorry about matty loosing a member of your family is truly a hard thing to go through! 
    Thanks….he lived a really good life. Traveled, ate well had a ton of love
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Sorry for your loss. 

It's true what you said about over 15 and a half years being a long run, but that it goes by quickly. Ours just turned 16 when we had to put her down back in April and, yeah, it really goes by really fast unfortunately.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    aw damn, crojam. I'm very sorry to hear this. having been through the same thing a few times, I'm gonna post this again. I know from experience that it's true...

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember.  The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend.  You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed.  You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder.  Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart.  But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later.  It will be a day like any other.  Routine and unexceptional.  But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth.  You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy.  You will see sleep where you once saw activity.  You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food.  And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend.  Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must.  If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief.  But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come.  At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg.  And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days.  The memory will be painful.  As time passes, the ache will come and go.  You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you.  If you reject it, it will depress you.  If you embrace it, it will deepen you.  Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you.  It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost.  This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose.  This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember.  It is a love we have earned.  It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live.  And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Sorry for your loss. 

It's true what you said about over 15 and a half years being a long run, but that it goes by quickly. Ours just turned 16 when we had to put her down back in April and, yeah, it really goes by really fast unfortunately.
    thank you

its difficult it happened this week especially.......its a slow week, was looking forward to just curling up with him to watch some tv around the fireplace, taking advantage of a few 50 degree days, to walk or be in our yard

its been tough, everytime i leave my house, like muscle memory....does my lil buddy have enough water, take him out and give him  a treat prior....gonna take getting used to
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    aw damn, crojam. I'm very sorry to hear this. having been through the same thing a few times, I'm gonna post this again. I know from experience that it's true...

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember.  The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend.  You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed.  You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder.  Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart.  But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later.  It will be a day like any other.  Routine and unexceptional.  But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth.  You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw energy.  You will see sleep where you once saw activity.  You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food.  And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend.  Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must.  If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief.  But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come.  At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg.  And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days.  The memory will be painful.  As time passes, the ache will come and go.  You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you.  If you reject it, it will depress you.  If you embrace it, it will deepen you.  Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a fourth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you.  It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost.  This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose.  This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember.  It is a love we have earned.  It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live.  And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

Thank you..... I know your very dedicated to your lil ones, I enjoy your posts/pics. Just read this and had some tears, its very beautiful & true.

I was preparing since before last christmas when he had some back leg issues, and was approaching 15 years old....you have to come to that realization, doesnt make it easier when it happens.....been a bit of a mess. Grateful for xmas eve/day we spent quality Time hanging out.

Time is Precious, we never wasted any....even when we were doing nothing together but snuggling on the couch.... I was always happier when he was around.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
    CROJAM95 said:
    It’s with heavy heart I have to announce to passing of my sweet lil Matan “ matty”

he was 15 1/2 yrs old

he passed day after Xmas , happened very quickly… I tried to rush him to the vet after he woke up with a breathing issue, just went in a matter of minutes … he had some medical issues his last year, but overall decent health…. He was loved by so many, had a huge personality for a little dog. He came to us after my dad passed… he brought so much joy in a dark time, for that he will never be forgotten. I’m so grateful for him, and might sound ridiculous but he taught me valuable lessons. That whole unconditional love thing… it’s gonna be tough, he was always there… my shadow. Grateful for the time, 15 1/2 is a great run but it Goes fast…. Been just torn up since yesterday, have lotta support from family & friends… probably cried a gallon of tears.

also

Matty also belonged to the original poster of this thread…she loved him so much and together we cared for him…. She went above & beyond, special cooked food, walks, attention… you name it. She’s hurting as I am
    RIP Matty

Condolences to you and Sen, @CROJAM95

He was as lucky to have you as you were him. May his memory always bring you joy and comfort.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

he was 15 1/2 yrs old

also

RIP Matty

He was as lucky to have you as you were him. May his memory always bring you joy and comfort.
    Thank you for your kind words. We all live busy/crazy lives… these lil ones make life that much better. Not going thru the lil routines ( feeding, walks, etc) has been strange this week. 

Kinda wrestling with the sadness vs feeling lucky & cracking a smile here & there 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

he was 15 1/2 yrs old

also

RIP Matty

Thank you for your kind words. We all live busy/crazy lives… these lil ones make life that much better. Not going thru the lil routines ( feeding, walks, etc) has been strange this week. 

Kinda wrestling with the sadness vs feeling lucky & cracking a smile here & there 

he looked adorable.  condolences  Awesome 15 years that made life better for all of you.

Not to be 'too soon', but fostering is a great way to go.  We always have our 3 and some rotating fosters.  :)

Just a couple of weeks ago our little poodle foster Yuki passed too.  We had him a year after one failed attempt at adoption.  she went quickly after stopping eating and discovering cancer in liver, spleen and many other areas.  :(  We miss her as do her sisters. 

• Options
    Smellyman said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

he was 15 1/2 yrs old

also

RIP Matty

he looked adorable.  condolences  Awesome 15 years that made life better for all of you.

Not to be 'too soon', but fostering is a great way to go.  We always have our 3 and some rotating fosters.  :)

Just a couple of weeks ago our little poodle foster Yuki passed too.  We had him a year after one failed attempt at adoption.  she went quickly after stopping eating and discovering cancer in liver, spleen and many other areas.  :(  We miss her as do her sisters. 

Condolences to you for Yuki as well…. That’s wonderful that you foster, and the siblings in the picture are priceless. As many have said, we give to them but what we get is so much more.

happy new year everyone 
  • Options
    I hope you’re doing OK, crojam.

whether on the couch or in the snow, piper and winnie stick together.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I love your dogs. Their faces are adorable. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Doing a little better everyday….thanks for asking

Those 2 are something else 🤣 having 2 I’m sure they play off eachother and are comic gold

• Options
    ^^^ they’re “comic gold”…..except when they’re not!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Winnie turned six today. :joy:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Winnie :joy:
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Winnie turned six today. :joy:

Happy belated birthday Winnie! 
  • Options

If your dog is prone to the “snowballs” (Piper is; Winnie isn’t), use a cooking whisk to whisk them away. I was skeptical but it’s magic. 👍

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Winnie!

hope you got a lil extra on everything today!
  • Options
    Piper turned nine today. She still acts like puppy. We were in Yellowstone last weekend and she was on moose watch.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Found an old photo of Winston today.  (He's six now.)

• Options
    Beautiful pics guys

im gonna wait a few more months before I jump into another dog

miss my Matty, he was special 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Piper turned nine today. She still acts like puppy. We were in Yellowstone last weekend and she was on moose watch.

Happy Bday, Piper 🥳🥳