Options

AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,499
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    23scidoo said:
    we are watching this....I was a little put off by the supernatural stuff but so far so good
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited February 2023
    The Estate

It's amusing. I always love seeing David Duchovny doing his oddly effective low-effort comedic characters that make me love him, and Toni Collette is always great. It was a bit of a shock to see Kathleen Turner - she's still great, but kind of unrecognizable. Anyway, pretty funny comedy i think.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Anybody have a review of Loudermilk?
    I've seen two episodes. The first was fantastic, the second average.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,356
    They canceled Paper Girls
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Consultant

Christoph Waltz is amazing as usual. Otherwise... I dunno. I didn't mind it. I saw many on social media calling it boring. I didn't think that at all. I do think it could have been much more than it was, but... I definitely wanted to keep watching to see what happened, so to me that's not that bad a show, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,865
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Consultant

Christoph Waltz is amazing as usual. Otherwise... I dunno. I didn't mind it. I saw many on social media calling it boring. I didn't think that at all. I do think it could have been much more than it was, but... I definitely wanted to keep watching to see what happened, so to me that's not that bad a show, lol.
    Just started watching. I’m on episode 4. Pretty bizarre so far. But you are right that it is holding my attention. My dad binge watched the entire season in one night. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    I really need to go through this thread and find some good stuff. I can literally find nearly zero on Amazon that looks interesting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,421
    I really need to go through this thread and find some good stuff. I can literally find nearly zero on Amazon that looks interesting. 
    Red Oaks is a great show, and easily digestible episodes. 25 minutes or so. All the 80s nostalgia!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    Hunters is really good and so is Fleabag if you haven't already watched them yet. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    I was really disappointed in the Lord of the Rings prequels. I still enjoyed dit, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. Has to be considered a bust by Amazon for the amount they paid and put into it. 
    But as said before, I didn't get Prime for the shows, its for the shipping. The shows are a bonus. 
    I lose track of what shows are on which service. Didn't;t care for Yellowstone, but loved 1883. I think that was Amazon.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Tin Star is awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I was really disappointed in the Lord of the Rings prequels. I still enjoyed dit, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. Has to be considered a bust by Amazon for the amount they paid and put into it. 
    But as said before, I didn't get Prime for the shows, its for the shipping. The shows are a bonus. 
    I lose track of what shows are on which service. Didn't;t care for Yellowstone, but loved 1883. I think that was Amazon.
    Peacock and Paramount +
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This Jury Duty show (for some reason it has commercials even though I pay for Amazon Prime - annoying) absolutely had me in stitches. It's wrong in so many ways. The inept defense attorney is the funniest friggin' thing I've ever seen.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    This Jury Duty show (for some reason it has commercials even though I pay for Amazon Prime - annoying) absolutely had me in stitches. It's wrong in so many ways. The inept defense attorney is the funniest friggin' thing I've ever seen.
    It's part of freevee. That's the free version so there's going to be ads. I don't know why they don't fix that with people that who have Prime though 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    It's part of freevee. That's the free version so there's going to be ads. I don't know why they don't fix that with people that who have Prime though 
    For the money, obviously. 

• Options
    I'm binging Tulsa King on Paramount+ and really enjoying it! Sylvester Stallone is awesome in it (and omg, he looks fantastic for his age, it's crazy). Really looking forward to season 2.
  • Options

This show is hilarious. I'm loving it! (there are no commercials in it for me).
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm binging Tulsa King on Paramount+ and really enjoying it! Sylvester Stallone is awesome in it (and omg, he looks fantastic for his age, it's crazy). Really looking forward to season 2.
    I have to say I wasn't pleasantly surprised by show and enjoyed it. Like you really looking forward for season 2 as well
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    The new Fatal Attraction series with Joshua Jackson on Paramount+ is actually really good. They borrow from the movie in many ways, but totally created a new story heavy with mystery crime elements at the same time. Shit gets way worse in this show than it did in the movie too, for everyone, plus it covers a very long span of time, and switches from past to present. I guess I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    edited June 2023
    That doesn't sound good.  Lol.  Way worse than bunny cooking?
    Wowzer!  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114

https://www.marketingbrew.com/stories/2023/09/22/amazon-to-debut-ads-on-prime-video

Prime video going to ads. Without ads will be $36/ year.

Years ago they lured everyone in with $80 prime plus free streaming. Now, with annual discount, almost $180. That’s quite an increase. Wondering if it’s still worth it.
  • Options
    my wife watched Daisy & The Six. Loosely based on Fleetwood Mac. "documentary style" show with scenes of the band in their heyday interspersed with interviews with "band members" today. Pretty cool. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,865
    my wife watched Daisy & The Six. Loosely based on Fleetwood Mac. "documentary style" show with scenes of the band in their heyday interspersed with interviews with "band members" today. Pretty cool. 
    If she likes the show tell her to read the book. I read it a few years ago and really loved it. 
  • Options
    yeah her friend read the book first and then watched the show. apparently both are Stevie Nicks approved as well. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

https://www.marketingbrew.com/stories/2023/09/22/amazon-to-debut-ads-on-prime-video

Prime video going to ads. Without ads will be $36/ year.

Years ago they lured everyone in with $80 prime plus free streaming. Now, with annual discount, almost $180. That’s quite an increase. Wondering if it’s still worth it.

I don't really mind the occasional ad during a movie I'm streaming. Tubi, for example... it doesn't bug me at all when the ads come on. Mind you, I don't pay anything for that, so this isn't the same thing! I don't think it would bother me enough to pay extra anyway. I already pay quite a bit to not have ads on YouTube. I'm tapped out.
  • Options
    Gen V (in The Boys universe) is AWESOME
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The new Roadhouse movie was awful in my opinion. Can't believe Gyllenhall agreed to that

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    The new Roadhouse movie was awful in my opinion. Can't believe Gyllenhall agreed to that
    We started to watch it last night, and I ended  up falling asleep watching it. I asked my wife this morning how was. Her review was less than stellar. 
  • Options
    We started to watch it last night, and I ended  up falling asleep watching it. I asked my wife this morning how was. Her review was less than stellar. 
    McGregor was awful and annoying...the fight scenes were ridiculous. Just bad