U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Managed to grab a pair of upper deck tickets for the St. Paul show at the original list price of $75 a pop. $200 total after fees. 
    Sweet! Enjoy. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Bruce usually releases really good seats for cheap on the day of.  That has worked for me in the past.
    how do you get them?  just refresh TM that day?
    Yes this was in Detroit for the reunion tour in 99 and whatever was being toured in 07.  In 99 I probably actually called ticketmaster and payed over the phone with the tickets being held at will call or something as I don't remember the internet being what it is now yet.  Anyways both shows the good seats with low prices were bought the day of or the day before.  I learned from my aunt who was a big Springsteen fan that he  has been know to do this so I gave it a shot.  I don't know if he still does this in the current world of platinum pricing and legalized scalping though.  I can't believe I haven't seen the Boss since 2007.  

Edit:  I also used this method for the tom petty Mojo Tour and ended up with front row seats .  Probably my best score ever.
    Wow, that is a good score.  I saw that tour as well.  ZZTop opened and it was a great show.  ZZ was fantastic in their own right.  
    I don't know who opened my friends and I got so high before the show we almost didn't make it in time for the opening song!   I just saw ZZ Top for the first time 3 weeks ago, with their new bass player.   It was a great show and Billy still has it.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • rylanrylan Posts: 204
    Those ticket prices are really funny. 400 beans+fees each for the last row upper deck. What a farce. Try my luck in the new year I guess 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    will see whats what next Wednesday when tix go on sale  for Bruce here in Columbus
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:

That is ridiculously outrageous. 

$81 fees..... fucking percentage rapists...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    yeah the TM fees are fucking ridiculous...total monopoly
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited July 2022
    It's  a shit show and many long time fans are sitting this one out.
    However, I'll be going to a handful of shows, mostly in the Midwest, and will get in the pit or good lowers for under $100 gauranteed.

And for those that are curious here is face prices before "dynamic" pricing....

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    However, I'll be going to a handful of shows, mostly in the Midwest, and will get in the pit or good lowers for under $100 gauranteed.
    Outside of the northeast you have a good chance of that. It's just the Bruce strongholds where there'll be real issues.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Poncier said:
    Outside of the northeast you have a good chance of that. It's just the Bruce strongholds where there'll be real issues.
    Yup
    Works for tickets to other bands as well
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I heard some of a track-by-track thing on The Rising on XM Radio but I can't find it on the app. Anyone know if it's on there?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I keep scoping out Seattle tickets, but there super expensive.. I'll keep checking to see if they get better.   I haven't even seen platinum tickets for the pit, just one pair of resell tickets for $1000/ticket.

Hoping they come to Vancouver next year.

I've seen Springsteen twice.  First time I had a massive fever with bronchitus but tried to tough it out.  It was an amazing show, but I literally sat down in the middle of the pit with two songs to go because I was in bad shape.   2nd show was the Wrecking Ball tour, and I count that as a top 5 show I've ever seen.  It was so good.   I'd like to see another show :)
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited August 2022
    rear stage $250 now. i'm gonna wait this one out... for a long while
    the number of people reselling tickets for profit is clearly out of control.   proof.   :angry:
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Tunnel of Love meets the Commodores.  
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    pretty good Stern interview....went by too fast....The Clarence stuff got me choked up

Exuberant Springsteen, E St. Band launch 1st tour in 6 years
    By CURT ANDERSON
    2 Feb 2023

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — It's been six years since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band embarked on a major tour.

Judging by the first show Wednesday night in Tampa, Florida, you'd never know it. The Boss and his band served notice they are back.

At just under three hours, it wasn't quite one of the marathon performances the 73-year-old Springsteen is best known for. But kicking off with “No Surrender” and finishing with a solo acoustic “I'll See You In My Dreams,” Springsteen was in fine voice, and his big band matched his energy.

There were 19 musicians on the Amalie Arena stage at various points during the show, including the core of Springsteen's wife, singer Patti Scialfa, bandana-wearing guitarist Stevie Van Zandt, fellow guitarist Nils Lofgren, drummer Max Weinberg, bassist Garry Tallent and keyboardist Roy Bittan.

Missing of course was the original “Big Man,” sax player Clarence Clemons, who died in 2011. But his nephew Jake Clemons didn't miss a beat and ripped off some gorgeous solos throughout the night. He was backed by a brass section that rounded out the big sound.

The 28 songs included favorites like “Born To Run,” “Glory Days," “Rosalita,” “Promised Land” and “Backstreets.” Yet six songs came from Springsteen's 2020 album “Letter To You,” and left unplayed at least for this performance was the classic “Thunder Road.”

There was only one song from “The River,” which his 2017 tour played in its entirety. That was the exuberant “Out In The Street.” And the closing acoustic song “Dreams” was a staple of his “Springsteen On Broadway” performances.

Springsteen's devoted fans ate it all up, with 20,000 people in the arena standing for almost the entire show. For them, a performance by the Boss is a kind of religious experience that simply must be sought out.

“This is a ray of light. This is something we've been waiting for,” said Billy Himmelrich, who came over from Delray Beach.

His wife, Shelly, took it a step further: “I listen to his music all the time. In a way, he's my spiritual leader.”

Springsteen didn't have a whole lot to say to his fans, ripping instead through song after song with little banter. But he did acknowledge his age — and theirs, too.

“At 15, it's all tomorrows. And at 73, it's a whole lot of yesterdays,” Springsteen said. “That's why you've got to make the most of right now.”

And Springsteen delivered. His energy was as high as ever, venturing into the crowd and even conducting the brass section at one point. He shredded numerous guitar solos, and almost every song seemed epic, like a couple of dozen encores strung together.

It's clear he and the band just want to play. Fifty years after his first two albums were released — and before “Born To Run” made him a superstar — Springsteen may not jump as high, but when he raises his arms, everyone else must as well.

Springsteen doesn't have to “Prove It All Night,” but that's what he does. He's sold around 140 million albums, won 20 Grammys, an Oscar and a Tony award. Few artists can match those accomplishments.

And now it's on to the rest of the 31-date U.S. tour, which ends with a homecoming April 14 in New Jersey. From there, it's off to Europe, starting with an April 28 show in Barcelona, Spain.

___

This story has been corrected to say Jake Clemons is Clarence Clemons’ nephew.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    There's no one like Bruce. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mrussel1 said:
    There's no one like Bruce. 
    Never seen him but absolutely must find a way to catch him in my area without having to sell an organ this spring. Not looking likely though 
    I keep looking for decently priced Seattle tickets to pop up, but I think I'll be SOL, they'll probably keep showing as platinum until the week of the show, then probably see the odd face value pair that's not a nosebleed.  At which point it will be to late to book the time of work to travel to Seattle.

He's Amazing though.  I put PJ and Springsteen as my two favourite live Artists.  They mixed up the sets, have a helluva live presence, ravenous fans, and mix up the set every night.  Good stuff :)
  • Backstreets is shutting down in response to greedy-Bruce
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    It's a bit interesting.  Before Dynamic pricing, promoters would sell tickets directly to scalpers to increase the revenue they could make on a show (which allowed them to pay the band more).   When they did it that way, scalpers got all the hate.   Artists didn't want to create a reputation of being greedy.   Things like TM and Scalpers shielded them from the hate.   Now with platinum pricing there's no escaping it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    It's a strange issue....I like the idea of the artist getting the premium rather than a scalper but damn....shit is getting crazy.

TM is a monopoly but I do wonder how others can compete. True competition would be multiple sellers trying to sell tickets to the same show. The database for a show has to exist in one server so I'm not even sure how that would work.

Maybe the feds should just regulate it like a utility.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    It's a strange issue....I like the idea of the artist getting the premium rather than a scalper but damn....shit is getting crazy.

TM is a monopoly but I do wonder how others can compete. True competition would be multiple sellers trying to sell tickets to the same show. The database for a show has to exist in one server so I'm not even sure how that would work.

Maybe the feds should just regulate it like a utility.
    In the UK, there are multiple primary ticket vendors that each get an allotment of tickets for most shows. 
  • Anyone got 1-2 extra Bruce Buffalo?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Why can I get a Bruce ticket for 100-120 dollars in Sweden, when its a million dollars in the US…

Happy to see him again next summer. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited February 2023
     Cheapest ticket for Detroit is $140 (before fees) in upper deck behind stage. Upper deck side stage, you’re looking at like 400+. I may go if I can get out of work on time to make the drive, weather, mood, ect.  
    I listened to the Tampa show on nugs the other day, sounded amazing. 
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    Wish there was some more “letter to you tunes” in the set 
    The cheapest ones I can find in Seattle are behind the stage for 225 USD.   Everything is resellers (I'm actually surprised that there's not many platinum tickets).  I had a bad experience at the 2013 PJ show at Key Arena sitting upper deck behind the show (the lighting rig blocked most of the view of the front of the stage, all I could really see is Matt C. Drumming).

I think I'll keep holding onto hope he comes and plays Vancouver, but usually bands play Vancouver right before/after they play Seattle, as there's not that many cities to play here.   I've noticed less bands making that trek since covid started (even though I don't think there's any rules for crossing the border anymore).
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Going in Austin next week. It’ll be my first time so I’m pretty pumped. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.