Tool

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Agree with Merkin, no way they do those two festivals without at least a handful of additional dates.
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    I think some east coast dates are coming probably waiting for festivals to sell before announcement 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    mickeyrat said:
    Tool at Sonic temple festival in May. 

Hopefully more dates to come. 
    Facebook post of theirs says friday. poster says Thursday.

They've since updated to reflect as playing on the 25th. 

If they were playing the same night as QOTSA, I would consider trying to get there. 
  • Agree with Merkin, no way they do those two festivals without at least a handful of additional dates.
    Remember during their "legal" woes they only played a few festivals a year? I hope those days are over and do some serious touring.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited January 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    Tool at Sonic temple festival in May. 

Hopefully more dates to come. 
    Facebook post of theirs says friday. poster says Thursday.

They've since updated to reflect as playing on the 25th. 

If they were playing the same night as QOTSA, I would consider trying to get there. 

they said friday the 25th......

and in the updated post they deleted my comment!!!! I'm touched.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    A bunch of Puscifer dates announced not looking good for Tool tour
    GB281198 said:

I could still see them doing a 16 date +/- tour starting in April and ending w/ the festivals in May... if nothing gets announced this month, I'll probably lose hope, but for now I'm keeping it alive. 
    GB281198 said:

I could still see them doing a 16 date +/- tour starting in April and ending w/ the festivals in May... if nothing gets announced this month, I'll probably lose hope, but for now I'm keeping it alive. 
    2021, didn't they announce about a month before shows (December announcement w/ January shows) or is my mind playing tricks on me?

If my memory is correct, I think we have up until end of March for an announcement window. 
    GB281198 said:

2021, didn't they announce about a month before shows (December announcement w/ January shows) or is my mind playing tricks on me?

If my memory is correct, I think we have up until end of March for an announcement window. 
    The 2022 shows were announced in October '21, IIRC. 
    GB281198 said:

The 2022 shows were announced in October '21, IIRC. 
    Your right. I just looked, appears to be end of September announcement. So yeah, end of this month or very early February or we are out of luck.
    edited January 2023
    "Massive tour in the fall" according to Danny. 

Consider the source though... pretty sure he said the new album was close in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc. 

At least we can rule out the spring. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Would of preferred spring over fall. Hopefully they comeback to Canada!

Consider the source though... pretty sure he said the new album was close in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc. 

have to note when maynard finishes harvest and processing.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Aug-Oct I believe.
  • mickeyrat said:

Aug-Oct I believe.
    Yeah, the 2019 tour started in mid-October, that sounds about right. 
    mickeyrat said:

Aug-Oct I believe.
    Yeah, the 2019 tour started in mid-October, that sounds about right. 

oooh thats right. saw them in Indy on Nov 2.....

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275

Great fucking news about possible touring!  In fairness to Danny,  i dont think he was bullshitting on the new album time line.  Good chance the album WAS close in 2015 and beyond. I think the music was finished, they just needed to get some legal taken care of, and MJK to finish vocals.
  • Finally got my crown jewel framed up w/ some accessories. 

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    That looks wicked^^
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Adam posted a short clip of them rehearsing Rosetta Stoned 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    nicknyr15 said:
    Adam posted a short clip of them rehearsing Rosetta Stoned 
    That's one I really want to hear live.
    Finally got my crown jewel framed up w/ some accessories. 

Nice dude! Looks like this made it up to the Tool poster instragram page. Nicely done!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Finally got my crown jewel framed up w/ some accessories. 

Nice dude! Looks like this made it up to the Tool poster instragram page. Nicely done!
    👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    The Tool fan experience today is just such a different animal than the first 25 or so years

pjl44 said:
    The Tool fan experience today is just such a different animal than the first 25 or so years

Man, you ain't kidding. 

In other news, I heard a rumor last night that this fall tour is going to be massive, like 40-50 NA dates. That sounded like a lot, but they did 50+ last year, so I guess it's not all that unrealistic. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ......time to sell my OG copy of Aenima.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    what?

I mean, hey man. Whats going on these days?

If I had any sense in my head I would sell that poster I just got framed. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Just sold mine. Well loved copy but not getting much play. Worth it to wait on a reissue now.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mickeyrat said:
    what?

I mean, hey man. Whats going on these days?

According to Discogs............
    • $617.76 Average
    My copy plays great, a few crackles here and there. Typical from an album that old. I just don't play that often. 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit