******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Did anyone see this? The "Jello Man" on a surfboard crowdsurfing and firing jello shots into the crowd after the win near city hall? Well I was listening to WMMR and apparently the dude called in and his name is Paul Vile. Which is Kurt Vile's brother. Just thought that was kinda cool/odd.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Fun fact: Jelloman is Kurt Vile's brother.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Fun fact: Jelloman is Kurt Vile's brother.

yeah I mentioned that :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    haha my bad I just clicked on the link
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

Our right tackle is playing with a torn core muscle and dominating…if this guys elbow is not completely ripped apart he’s s a fucking west coast gen z pussy.  Try to come convince me other wise. 

torn UCL good enough excuse?
    Yup.  If you read the first post about it I specifically said if he doesn’t need surgery. 
    I did…..you just seemed pretty convinced he was a “west coast, gen z pussy” :lol:
    Yeah, not a great take.

Wife didn't win the lottery for SB tickets.  Unless they go down in price I'm not planning on going.  Send her solo if she can find a friend who wants to pony up and be her travel buddy.  One of her friends is flying with the eagles.  She is pretty boss, they sit in those sideline seats like Mike Trout.
    Will wait until later to throw back the hotel and cancel the flights, see what comes.

That would be pretty cool and would probably be the only way I would want to see a Super Bowl in person, is to have great seats like that. Otherwise, it just seems like way too much of sterile corporate environment to have regular seats. I gotta be with my people for this game.
    Having been to see the Niners in a SB, it is more about the excitement all around the game.  The journey.  The crowd is for sure not the same as a home game for either team.
    Was still an amazing time and bucket list thing.
    If she wants, I'll do it.  (Within reason on $#)

Yeah I hear that. This might sound crazy, but I would have more interest going if my team wasn't in it...especially if it's in Miami or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

Our right tackle is playing with a torn core muscle and dominating…if this guys elbow is not completely ripped apart he’s s a fucking west coast gen z pussy.  Try to come convince me other wise. 

Yup.  If you read the first post about it I specifically said if he doesn’t need surgery. 
    I did…..you just seemed pretty convinced he was a “west coast, gen z pussy” :lol:
    Yeah, not a great take.

Wife didn't win the lottery for SB tickets.  Unless they go down in price I'm not planning on going.  Send her solo if she can find a friend who wants to pony up and be her travel buddy.  One of her friends is flying with the eagles.  She is pretty boss, they sit in those sideline seats like Mike Trout.
    Will wait until later to throw back the hotel and cancel the flights, see what comes.

That would be pretty cool and would probably be the only way I would want to see a Super Bowl in person, is to have great seats like that. Otherwise, it just seems like way too much of sterile corporate environment to have regular seats. I gotta be with my people for this game.
    Having been to see the Niners in a SB, it is more about the excitement all around the game.  The journey.  The crowd is for sure not the same as a home game for either team.
    Was still an amazing time and bucket list thing.
    If she wants, I'll do it.  (Within reason on $#)

Yeah I hear that. This might sound crazy, but I would have more interest going if my team wasn't in it...especially if it's in Miami or something. 
    I get that.  No stress on the game (unless the degenerate gambling takes place) and possibly more fun as an observer.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I think we should rate bad takes around here, a la Pod Save America with a scale of 1 to 5 Politicos.

We can go from 1 to 5 Hawks.

For example: Brock Purdy is a West Coast Gen Z Pussy - that gets 5 Hawks. I am sure I have put up plenty of my own Hawks on here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

Yeah, not a great take.

did you hear that the NFL money whores are considering moving the conference championship games to neutral sites? just what we need…more games in the fucking superdome and mercedes benz stadium.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

Yeah, not a great take.

did you hear that the NFL money whores are considering moving the conference championship games to neutral sites? just what we need…more games in the fucking superdome and mercedes benz stadium.
    That would be such an idiotic move, especially after giving so much more weight to obtaining the 1 seed in recent years. Do you think they will actually do it? I personally don't. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Never - fans would lose their minds.  I did see that they reported on that concept, though.

I like the rating idea, too funny.
    Neutral site conference championship games - way off the Hawk Scale. What those SOB's wouldn't do for an extra quarter.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited January 2023
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I think we should rate bad takes around here, a la Pod Save America with a scale of 1 to 5 Politicos.

For example: Brock Purdy is a West Coast Gen Z Pussy - that gets 5 Hawks. I am sure I have put up plenty of my own Hawks on here.
    I see reading comprehension is still a foreign concept in these Philly threads.   the  let's take one small part of a post and try to equate it that it was the full post.  Fox News level shit right there.

Post edited by pjhawks on
    A level 4 response would be to call this "soft".  

pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I see reading comprehension is still a foreign concept in these Philly threads.   the  let's take one small part of a post and try to equate it that it was the full post.  Fox News level shit right there.

edited January 2023

pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I have no problem people taking shots at things I might write here but at least comment on the correct thing I wrote. Not a small part of it.  it's really not that fucking complicated.  well maybe it is for some here....
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I have no problem people taking shots at things I might write here but at least comment on the correct thing I wrote. Not a small part of it.  it's really not that fucking complicated.  well maybe it is for some here....
    not complicated to own up to drunken posting either. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ray Didinger talking about unretiring alluded to not getting into a "Tom & Gisele" situation.  =)

edited January 2023
    I understand why Shanahan is one of the COY finalists, but Sirianni should have gotten consideration for it. He coached circles around Shanahan all game Sunday. Shanahan not even calling a timeout (can understand not throwing the flag---but at least give yourself time to digest such a game altering play. Sheesh) after the Devonta catch is criminally negligent. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/1/30/23577341/nfl-winners-losers-afc-nfc-championship-games

Winner: Nick Sirianni

Ben Solak: Making it to the Super Bowl in your second season as a head coach is not easy—even if the guy before you did the exact same thing. But that’s what Nick Sirianni did: took over a 4-11-1 Eagles team transitioning off of a presumed franchise quarterback in Carson Wentz and experimenting with a young, developmental QB in Jalen Hurts.

And look at how well Sirianni has steered this ship. The Eagles have added tons of new players via free agency, the draft, and trades—A.J. Brown, James Bradberry, C.J. Gardner-Johnson, DeVonta Smith, Ndamukong Suh, Linval Joseph—and each has been integrated into the team more seamlessly than the last. The culture of growth, passion, and love championed by both Sirianni and Hurts rings through the entire Eagles locker room. Both of Sirianni’s top assistants, offensive coordinator Shane Steichen and defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon, have interviewed for head-coaching jobs this year. Sirianni has this machine humming.

But perhaps most impressive about Sirianni is what he does during games: He constantly makes the right calls. The Eagles went for a fourth-and-3 on the 49ers’ 35-yard line on their first drive of the game on Sunday, converting on a deep catch-that-wasn’t-really-a-catch by Smith—but Smith called for a hurry-up play to beat the potential challenge, and the Eagles were ready to execute. After the 49ers tied the game up in the first half, the Eagles went for another fourth down—fourth-and-1 from their own 34!—and converted as part of a long touchdown drive.

The 49ers suffered backbreaking penalties that extended Eagles drives and kicked them out of field goal range; the Eagles didn’t. Kyle Shanahan didn’t use a single timeout all game—the Eagles used one to see whether they could sneak a two-point conversion attempt in at the end of the first half. Sirianni is exactly what you want in a modern coach: intelligent on fourth downs and strong situationally, with a great energy for the young stars of this league. There are many reasons the Eagles found themselves the top seed of the NFC and in the Super Bowl—he’s one of the big ones.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The non-catch?
    Lol.
    Yeah.  I think Shanny does some things really well - and to make it to the championship round with Mr irrelevant is incredible - but his big game coaching resume stinks. Blown leads all over.  Damn, last year in championship....the super bowl....the stupid Tom Gravy super bowl.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Those awards are based strictly on the regular season, so Shanahan turning into a pumpkin again in the big spotlight won't affect his chances.
    But his track record in the post season starting as Falcon's OC to the SB loss to KC and to Sunday is pretty shaky.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Those awards are based strictly on the regular season, so Shanahan turning into a pumpkin again in the big spotlight won't affect his chances.
    But his track record in the post season starting as Falcon's OC to the SB loss to KC and to Sunday is pretty shaky.
    I don't put Sunday on him.  Eagles thrashed them and Niners had no qb.  
    Certainly put the other games and last year's nfc championship choke to Rams on him

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Poncier said:
    Certainly put the other games and last year's nfc championship choke to Rams on him

The lack of a challenge on the Smith catch could have changed the whole dynamic of the game though.
    Niners take over in great field position still scoreless, the whole thing probably plays out differently and Purdy may not get pjhawked and still be able to play/throw.
    Would the Niners have won? Not likely based on how the 2 teams looked, but you never know. As Juggs said, not challenging that catch (call timeout like he suggested, then you have the commercial break and that other angle replay shows up and you challenge) is close to a fire-able offense. It was 4th down. You get the ball at the 35 instead of being down 7. If you manage to score and are playing from ahead, who knows?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited January 2023
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

The lack of a challenge on the Smith catch could have changed the whole dynamic of the game though.
    Niners take over in great field position still scoreless, the whole thing probably plays out differently and Purdy may not get pjhawked and still be able to play/throw.
    Would the Niners have won? Not likely based on how the 2 teams looked, but you never know. As Juggs said, not challenging that catch (call timeout like he suggested, then you have the commercial break and that other angle replay shows up and you challenge) is close to a fire-able offense. It was 4th down. You get the ball at the 35 instead of being down 7. If you manage to score and are playing from ahead, who knows?
    It was the biggest play of the game, despite being so early. I felt as if the Eagles would go in for 6 right after that and take the early lead that there's no way they would lose. And boom went the dynamite. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I never denied the posts.  But I'm not going to let people mis-quote or misrepresent what was actually posted.  got it now or do I need to spell it out even more for the folks here?
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Pjhawks 

I never denied the posts.  But I'm not going to let people mis-quote or misrepresent what was actually posted.  got it now or do I need to spell it out even more for the folks here?
    In the words of aaron rodgers, “relax.”

I’m just having fun. Don’t be so soft.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ha.  Solid 4, Wobert.
    Correction - Hassan Reddick did not pjhawk Brock Purdy - he Hootered him.

Temple University

Some hope for the Washington Communists next year

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2023
    Correction - Hassan Reddick did not pjhawk Brock Purdy - he Hootered him.

Temple University
    cute.  i do tend to be as great as Hassan has been
    hawk Emoji - Download for free  Iconduckhawk Emoji - Download for free  Iconduckhawk Emoji - Download for free  Iconduckhawk Emoji - Download for free  Iconduck