Options

Stone Gossard Gives PJ Update, Talks About Loosegroove Records, Rock Hall, Duff McKagen & More

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Nice as always to hear from Stone, sounds like they’ll be working on some new PJ songs again pretty soon, maybe new year? Although in the same breath, it could be 2024 before its release!? I hope Stone was foxing! 😜
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options

• Options
    Nice as always to hear from Stone, sounds like they’ll be working on some new PJ songs again pretty soon, maybe new year? Although in the same breath, it could be 2024 before its release!? I hope Stone was foxing! 😜

In an another interview with KISW he said they are doing more recording over the next year. A record done at some point then doing some touring again but nothing in stone yet. They are middle of recording. Everyone is writing songs.

Here's hoping there's a new album released in 2023.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    demetrios said:

In an another interview with KISW he said they are doing more recording over the next year. A record done at some point then doing some touring again but nothing in stone yet. They are middle of recording. Everyone is writing songs.

Awesome, I love how Stone said something recently about ‘wanting to make the next definitive PJ record’ (or something to that effect!?) 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Yeah...it looks doubtful for 2023 tour stuff, but you never know.

Maybe 2023 could look like 2018. A few solo/one-off shows here and there and *maybe* a very small handful of PJ shows, but I'm not so optimistic on a big tour all of a sudden.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited December 2022
    So we had a decent sized NA tour this year, a rumoured two leg tour in the USA next year and then a new album in 2024 and presumedly another NA tour following its release. Thats a lot of shows if it rolls out like that! 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    demetrios said:

Awesome, I love how Stone said something recently about ‘wanting to make the next definitive PJ record’ (or something to that effect!?) 
    I hope that's accurate...not that I didn't like Gigaton but the last few albums have seemed more like individual efforts rather than group.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    So we had a decent sized NA tour this year, a rumoured two leg tour in the USA next year and then a new album in 2024 and presumedly another NA tour following its release. Thats a lot of shows if it rolls out like that! 

• Options
    On Duff McKagan’s Desire To Perform With Pearl Jam, Stone Gossard

• Options
    Should have picked up Axl's Guns N Roses/Pearl Jam/U2 tour that Axl pitched through his manager back when, then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard: Chris Cornell is the GOAT
    Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard recalls being blown away by Soundgarden's Chris Cornell and says he may have been the greatest of all time

• Options
    Pearl Jam have made “a good start” on their next album

Stone Gossard says Pearl Jam are making progress on the follow-up to 2020’s Gigaton… but he guesses “it’s gonna be 2024 before the record comes out”.

• Options

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024