The National Football League

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    May be an image of text that says THE DALLAS COWBOYS CYCLE WE ARE HERE SEASON STARTS CHOKE IN THE PLAYOFFS WIN SOME GAMES WE DEM BOYZ THIS IS OUR YEAR FANS GET THEIR HOPES UP
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    May be an image of text that says THE DALLAS COWBOYS CYCLE WE ARE HERE SEASON STARTS CHOKE IN THE PLAYOFFS WIN SOME GAMES WE DEM BOYZ THIS IS OUR YEAR FANS GET THEIR HOPES UP
    That game sure did meet the definition of "Choke in the Playoffs"
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Considering he's in a wheelchair,  yeah
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    That game sure did meet the definition of "Choke in the Playoffs"
    Ha...this meme has been useful, literally, this entire century. I love it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wow that was a battle I of defenses.
    I love that last play.  Dallas coach is such a great offensive mind.  :lol:   

and Mike McCarthy is a moron.   
    This can't be said enough.
    Never has a coach turned so much talent into playoff failure for over a decade.
    Jerry runs that show.
    Yeah, but McCarthy has been turning chicken salad into chicken shit back to his Packer years.
    He's a boob. That final play is his boobness personified.
    2 years in row their season ended up in hilarious fashion too. Last year it was them taking their sweet ol' time and then spiking the ball after the clock had run out. 
    I just about crapped when Mitchell ran out of bounds after picking up the 1st, instead of staying in ans making Dallas use a TO.
    I mean, I was preeeeetty sure that Dallas would botch it but I still was pissed.

Sacking Dak in the end zone (still not sure how Armstead didn't do that) would have been the second funniest way to end it.
    Other than what actually happened, of course.
    How about the dope (Schultz maybe?) who had an easy catch with no one around him and did go out of bounds... but forgot to get both legs in first?! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yep

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    pretty hard to handicap next weekend’s games….

yeah, the eagles looked great and niners not so much, but I still think SF might have the weapons…

bengals looked absolutely great yesterday but they should have lost to the ravens the week before…

doesn’t seem to be a lot of consistency from week to week for a lot of these teams.

that said, eagles and bengals in the SB (altho no one would be shocked by the exact opposite).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Wobbie said:
    pretty hard to handicap next weekend’s games….

yeah, the eagles looked great and niners not so much, but I still think SF might have the weapons…

bengals looked absolutely great yesterday but they should have lost to the ravens the week before…

doesn’t seem to be a lot of consistency from week to week for a lot of these teams.

that said, eagles and bengals in the SB (altho no one would be shocked by the exact opposite).

and Burrow has yet to lose to Mahomes.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Still feeling those 2017 Vikings vibes from the 49ers and all the hype about their D and their backup QB but we already got our 38-7 win so not sure how that could work out.

Trying to find one of those videos with the Curb music playing of the latest hilarious ending of a Dallas Cowboys season.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • If Burrow beats Mahomes again he will break that cycle of the last 16 first time QB's not returning.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    edited January 2023
    I think Mahomes is going to be severely limited. A high ankle sprain usually keeps a guy out 3-4 weeks, sometimes longer depending on severity. He was on adrenaline last week (and maybe hopped up on goofballs after they took him to the locker room), it most likely is feeling a lot worse now than on Saturday.
    Bengals win that game.
    NFC game will depend on which QB handles the spotlight the best. Clear advantage for Hurts being at home. A hostile Philly crowd could very well rattle Purdy. But let's not forget that Hurts isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, and he could puke on himself in the fine tradition of Eagles Chunky Soup loving QBs. It's a toss up. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Mahomes ankle will be key. If he can't scramble then pass coverage will be tighter which could be deadly to KC.

Should be a great game.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Poncier said:
    I think Mahomes is going to be severely limited. A high ankle sprain usually keeps a guy out 3-4 weeks, sometimes longer depending on severity. He was on adrenaline last week (and maybe hopped up on goofballs after they took him to the locker room), it most likely is feeling a lot worse now than on Saturday.
    Bengals win that game.
    NFC game will depend on which QB handles the spotlight the best. Clear advantage for Hurts being at home. A hostile Philly crowd could very well rattle Purdy. But let's not forget that Hurts isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, and he could puke on himself in the fine tradition of Eagles Chunky Soup loving QBs. It's a toss up. 
    Nice segue into the puking, lol!  That was McNabb?

Agreed if Mahommes isn't able to be mobile or he gets one good ankle tackle then he's done.

I would love to see Purdy rise to the occasion but Phillies look really, really good.
    edited January 2023
    If the Bengals win the SB I will absolutely lose my shit. I grew up near Cincy and have watched them suck for so long it's not fair.

Last year I was worried that they might meet SF in the Super Bowl since their only two SB appearances were against SF and they lost both times. That would be an odd demon to exorcise if they meet and beat SF this year.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

I would love to see Purdy rise to the occasion but Phillies look really, really good.
    Phillies were looking good until that game where they didn't get a hit.

Poncier said:
     But let's not forget that Hurts isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, and he could puke on himself in the fine tradition of Eagles Chunky Soup loving QBs. It's a toss up. 
    Honestly, I'll mail you an ugly-ass Pearl Jam concert poster if this happens.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    If the Bengals win the SB I will absolutely lose my shit. I grew up near Cincy and have watched them suck for so long it's not fair.

Last year I was worried that they might meet SF in the Super Bowl since their only two SB appearances were against SF and they lost both times. That would be an odd demon to exorcise if they meet and beat SF this year.
    That would be a nightmare in my house! My wife grew up in Southern Indiana, right across the border from Cincinnati as a Bengals fan. As a lifelong 49ers fan, I have been able to give her little digs about the 2 Superbowl losses. All that would go out of the window and she would be insufferable getting revenge on me.  

That would be a nightmare in my house! My wife grew up in Southern Indiana, right across the border from Cincinnati as a Bengals fan. As a lifelong 49ers fan, I have been able to give her little digs about the 2 Superbowl losses. All that would go out of the window and she would be insufferable getting revenge on me.  
    Crazy....I actually went to kindergarten in Corydon. Still have family down there.

• I would love to see Purdy rise to the occasion but Phillies look really, really good.
    Phillies were looking good until that game where they didn't get a hit.

Poncier said:
     But let's not forget that Hurts isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, and he could puke on himself in the fine tradition of Eagles Chunky Soup loving QBs. It's a toss up. 
    HAHAHAHA!!!! Damn spell check  Philly.  There that worked.

Crazy....I actually went to kindergarten in Corydon. Still have family down there.
    She grew up near Brookville. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Eagles have a huge QB advantage and that is likely the difference.  Nobody does well at stopping scrambling qbs who can throw/have good receiving options.
    If 49ers can't score and keep up this will be tough.
    Could convince myself by time we take our seats that SF is winning but right now I think I looks like an uphill battle.
    That's why they play the games, as a funny man once stated.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2023
    The Eagles have a huge QB advantage and that is likely the difference.  Nobody does well at stopping scrambling qbs who can throw/have good receiving options.
    If 49ers can't score and keep up this will be tough.
    Could convince myself by time we take our seats that SF is winning but right now I think I looks like an uphill battle.
    That's why they play the games, as a funny man once stated.
    I am not overly confident, but am optimistic. I think the 49ers have a shot, but it will be tough. They will need to score touchdowns and not settle for field goals if they have any shot at beating them. 
    edited January 2023
    Still feeling those 2017 Vikings vibes from the 49ers and all the hype about their D and their backup QB but we already got our 38-7 win so not sure how that could work out.

Trying to find one of those videos with the Curb music playing of the latest hilarious ending of a Dallas Cowboys season.
    I don't know man. I get 2017 Vikings vibes from the 2022 Vikings. The 'Niners are going to be more difficult to beat. That defense is legit. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The Eagles D-line has to make Purdy look like a rookie. It's bound to happen. Other great rookie QBs (Marino, Roethlisberger) hit the rookie wall in the playoffs. If they get after this kid, I think they win easily. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Eagles D-line has to make Purdy look like a rookie. It's bound to happen. Other great rookie QBs (Marino, Roethlisberger) hit the rookie wall in the playoffs. If they get after this kid, I think they win easily. 
    Yeah and the fact that it's only his third away game EVER in an environment unlike he's ever experienced is going to play an enormous factor. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited January 2023
    The Eagles D-line has to make Purdy look like a rookie. It's bound to happen. Other great rookie QBs (Marino, Roethlisberger) hit the rookie wall in the playoffs. If they get after this kid, I think they win easily. 
    Yeah and the fact that it's only his third away game EVER in an environment unlike he's ever experienced is going to play an enormous factor. 
    It's for this reason that I couldn't believe the spread is only 2.5. Some people are looking at the Niners like this isn't out of the ordinary that their rookie QB is on this winning streak. I've been riding with him too by betting on them the last two rounds. But 2.5 points? That's a great spread for Philly whether the game is an Eagles-type game (high-scoring, lots of big plays), or a Niners-type game (grind it out and win ugly). The Eagles can win both of those types of games, but I don't like the Niners in a high-scoring affair. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited January 2023
    It's for this reason that I couldn't believe the spread is only 2.5. Some people are looking at the Niners like this isn't out of the ordinary that their rookie QB is on this winning streak. I've been riding with him too by betting on them the last two rounds. But 2.5 points? That's a great spread for Philly whether the game is an Eagles-type game (high-scoring, lots of big plays), or a Niners-type game (grind it out and win ugly). The Eagles can win both of those types of games, but I don't like the Niners in a high-scoring affair. 
    I took it at -2.5 but I thought it would be about 3. It's an even match up. Their defense is fantastic. And the two things the Eagles can struggle with on defense is what the Niners are good at offensively: running the ball and throwing over the middle. 

But, yeah....ultimately, I think the Eagles get to Purdy and force a couple turnovers. Also, it's not like the Niners have beat a bunch of world beaters during the streak...and that is the thing everyone loves to knock the Eagles over, yet they overlook it with every other team for some reason. lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The Bengals are going to beat the Chiefs.  
    MayDay10 said:
    This podcast with Quinton Mikell & Jason Avant they were like "Eagles will do this or that or whatever against the 49ers, then against the Bengals" - it's fairly shocking how much disrespect KC is getting. That's the reason I'm not so sure about Cincinnati this week.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

Poncier said:
    Manbearpig?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    MayDay10 said:
    This podcast with Quinton Mikell & Jason Avant they were like "Eagles will do this or that or whatever against the 49ers, then against the Bengals" - it's fairly shocking how much disrespect KC is getting. That's the reason I'm not so sure about Cincinnati this week.
    I've been hearing more of the opposite. That the Bengals have been playing great but KC will take them out.