*sticky* Ever hear someone use this excuse for not wanting to order food from somewhere?

2»

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Too funny
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507

dankind said:

People still use paper menus?

That is a great point. We have a book of them in the secretary standing in the foyer. Only save them because of the coupons.
    People still use paper coupons?
    I think we've proven over the past week that we're not as advanced as other nations.
    :rofl:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    For those who did away with the paper menus...bravo....how do you go through the options to order from? Yelp?
    I'm all for doing away with them and even though I don't order out often, I'm curious.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Wobbie said:

maybe aunt flo is visiting?

Good call, Trump!

I think Mrs. Juggler is worried about the emissions that would spew forth from that long trip delivering said pizza.

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

For those who did away with the paper menus...bravo....how do you go through the options to order from? Yelp?
    I'm all for doing away with them and even though I don't order out often, I'm curious.

Grubhub is the best. Then sometimes reference Yelp to make decisions
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    bump
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    edited January 2023
    So get this. We've since ditched most of the menus and now use Doordash for most deliveries for dinner. Last night was wild though. Our dasher texted saying he delivered our food. I went out there....nothing. Looked in front of garage...nothing. Went back in and checked my phone and, instead of a picture of the food next to the door, he put a blurry picture of my mailbox as he was driving past it! This fucker apparently stole our dinner! Lol....has this happened to anyone before? I called and called....he finally picked up and acted dumb:

JUGGLER-"Hey...you supposedly just delivered to my house a couple minutes ago but you sent me a picture of my mailbox instead of my food. Where's my food?" 
    DASHER- "Oh...okay....let me check." 
    JUGGLER- "What? What do you mean?"
    DASHER- Hangs up. 

I was furious. Tried calling a few more times to no avail. Texted as well. Meanwhile my wife is behind me barking "YOU'RE GONNA GET US SHOT!!!" what?! lol.....she has a wild imagination. Finally contacted Doordash on the app and got credited for my food. Then, as I was in the drive through line at Chick Filet, spoke with someone on the phone at Doordash and demanded this asshole be terminated and that they provide me confirmation of the termination or I'm never using their service again. 

Such bullshit. The dinner was just fucking Panera Bread too. It's not like he made out with anything special. What the hell?

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Here's a snippet of our text exchange. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    Giants fan.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Ha.
    A. Can't believe I somehow missed the original thread 6+ years ago, some gold in there.
    2. This is why I always pick up take-out food instead of having some random person deliver. It's one thing if it's a place (usually pizza place or Chinese) that hires its own driver, then at least there's some accountability. But Doordash/Grubhub/Ubereats etc.? It's the wild west, and I've heard too many stories of people having some of their food eaten, (driver grabs a handful of fries, driver takes a swig of milkshake) or situations like Juggs just encountered.

This weekend we rock Portland