Options

Poland Show

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
There's suppose to be a Poland show that is exceptional in the audience participation. What show is it, and could you direct me to the downloadable bootleg.

I'm doing a little project:

http://brobbobbleheadbiscotti.mlblogs.com

:D
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    There's suppose to be a Poland show that is exceptional in the audience participation. What show is it, and could you direct me to the downloadable bootleg.

brobbobbleheadbiscotti.mlblogs.com

Hi Ms Haiku! Nice project you have going on there! Do you know what year the show you're referring to is from. Both of the Poland shows from 2000 were very good.

And thank you for linking to my blog :)
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    Hi Ms Haiku! Nice project you have going on there! Do you know what year the show you're referring to is from. Both of the Poland shows from 2000 were very good.

And thank you for linking to my blog :)
    No problem, you're welcome:)

I think it's 2000. Thanks for letting me know of the year. I'll just have to listen to both, eh? If my projects ends up what I want it to end up I'll be listening to almost 200 bootlegs this year. So, I got room for both. Should be fun!

Go cubbies!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    night 2 is a great show, small crowd, maybe a quarter full, but very intimate
    great boot to listen to, and a show that mike rates as one of his faves...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Aha! Now, I just have to find the MP3 and download. . .

Found it! The second show in MP3 is on http://thepresenttenseboots00.blogspot.com/, so I'll just start there.
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

http://brobbobbleheadbiscotti.mlblogs.com

That is so cool. I love it.... and so glad you enjoyed Leeds!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    That is so cool. I love it.... and so glad you enjoyed Leeds!
    I was definitely thinking of you! Thanks again :)
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

Katowice was it ?
    isn't that one of the 2000 bootlegs that got the ape/man logo on the sleeve as a sign that the band thought it was one of the best shows of the tour ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Katowice was it ?
    isn't that one of the 2000 bootlegs that got the ape/man logo on the sleeve as a sign that the band thought it was one of the best shows of the tour ?

The second show, Show #16 June 16th, 2000 did. The first show didn't.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    canes98canes98 Posts: 14
    I was at show 1 back in June 2000, which was great, but show 2 is the one everyone talks about. PJ had to cancel a planned show in Budapest for the 16th of June about a month before, so they added a second Katowice date at the same time.

Poland is a relatively poor country (or at least it was in 2000) so most people couldn't afford 2 shows, even though PJ ticket prices are generally much lower than other bands. Most fans had already bought tix for night one before night two was announced. So night 2 was only half full, but the crowd sang a traditional song to Ed at one point, and was into it in many other ways.

I, unfortunately, could not alter my travel plans, so I only saw show 1, but it was also very good.

The day of show 1, I caught a train in Warsaw headed for Katowice. The train was already packed with Pearl Jam fans, who had boarded as early as 4 hours before me, as they were coming from the Baltic coast. By the time we got to Katowice, the train was nearly overflowing. Everyone was in a great mood. Lots of people were on the train as long as 7 hours.

Two other Americans and I drank in the City for an hour or two before heading to the Arena, but then when we got to the Arena, and had to wait in line, it was incredible to see how happy (and kind) the Polish fans were. Some of them, who didn't speak any English, knew more lyrics than me.

Anyhow, it was a great atmosphere, but show #2 is the one you're looking for.
    Chicago 07/11/95; Fort Lauderdale 10/07/96; Chicago 06/29/98; St. Louis 07/02/98; Katowice 06/15/00; West Palm Beach 04/11/03; Tampa 04/13/03; West Palm Beach 06/11/08; Tampa 06/12/08