Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    So that Fields guy is pretty good huh?  I don't care about wins and losses this year....just want him to keep developing.  It's night and day compared to how he looked first 2-3 games of the season.  Looks so comfortable and in control out there.

Insane no-call on the deep ball to Claypool at the end.  And then St. Brown drops the 4th down conversion right in his hands.  Brutal.
  • Options
    What a shit show. I have lived in Chicago for over 20 years, not a bears fan but you can’t help but follow the team and watch the games…..sorry folks your QB1 doesn’t have it. Another bears miss in the draft. He has no clue what to do back there.
    I admit, I’m pretty close to eating crow in this one soon. He’s looking pretty good.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    So that Fields guy is pretty good huh?  I don't care about wins and losses this year....just want him to keep developing.  It's night and day compared to how he looked first 2-3 games of the season.  Looks so comfortable and in control out there.

Insane no-call on the deep ball to Claypool at the end.  And then St. Brown drops the 4th down conversion right in his hands.  Brutal.

Yeah, that was a fun game to watch, despite the loss.  Fields has looked better and better as the season has progressed.  It's really looking like the game is finally slowing down for him.  And to think he was able to rack up that many yards WITH a spotter.  Insane!
    I'm guessing the passing attack is going to start up next.  Having to keep an extra guy in the box spotting him should open up some room for the WRs and TEs.  

ESB is fn' worthless.  Perfect pass right off the hands!  Ugh!  The guy is supposedly a professional ball catcher....
    I hope it's not too much longer where it'll be Mooney, Claypool, Pringle, Harry taking most of the reps.  I know Velus was a healthy scratch for the game, but I do hope to see him more.  ESB and Pettis should be on the practice squad!
  • Options
    8th loss in a row to GB.  Could have easily won that game....Getsy's play calling was horrific.  The sequence before Santos had the 40 yard FG blocked was a mess.  Run it straight up the middle on 3rd and 5???  Take the ball out of your best players hands??  At least Fields looked healthy.  Just end this season already.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,751
    edited December 2022
    Using some of their numerous draft picks to trade for a legit stud WR and intelligently spending the boat load of cap money of the defensive side of the ball should pay dividends this off-season. 
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    # 1 overall 

Poll Question:

Keep it
    Trade it
    Keep it AND trade Fields 
    Other
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Thank you Lovie!

All options have to be on the table.  Hopefully a team falls in love with Bryce Young and they get a haul of draft picks to trade down a few spots.
  • Options
    Thank you Lovie!

All options have to be on the table.  Hopefully a team falls in love with Bryce Young and they get a haul of draft picks to trade down a few spots.
    Yeah, I'm def hoping the Bears phone will be ringing from multiple teams.  For as much as I'd like to take "their guy", there are still a lot of holes to fill.
    The end of that Houston game was simply crazy!
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Thank you Lovie!

Yeah, I'm def hoping the Bears phone will be ringing from multiple teams.  For as much as I'd like to take "their guy", there are still a lot of holes to fill.
    Yes it was! I mean, Lovie HAD to have known he was getting fired prior to that game, right? Otherwise, winning it makes 0 sense to me.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Thank you Lovie!

Yes it was! I mean, Lovie HAD to have known he was getting fired prior to that game, right? Otherwise, winning it makes 0 sense to me.
    That's great.  A nice "fuck you" to that trash organization on the way out.
  • Options
    Quite a haul for the #1 overall pick. 

Man, the Bears are going to be young!
  • Options
    Quite a haul for the #1 overall pick. 

Man, the Bears are going to be young!
    Whoa!  Just saw that!
  • Options
    2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and a #1 WR!!!  Not bad at all! Thank you Lovie!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Let’s parlay the 9th into two first rounders.  Poles is off to a great start. Thank you Lovie, indeed. 
  • Options
    Love the moves Poles has made so far.  Huge upgrades at LB.  Although I am a bit surprised only signing 1 guy on the OL.  Absolutely need to get an OT....perhaps they like one at that #9 pick.  They still have a shitload of cap space so they're definitely not done.
  • Options
    Love the moves Poles has made so far.  Huge upgrades at LB.  Although I am a bit surprised only signing 1 guy on the OL.  Absolutely need to get an OT....perhaps they like one at that #9 pick.  They still have a shitload of cap space so they're definitely not done.
    Yeah, i like the free agent signings so far!  I wonder if they plan on moving Jenkins to the edge...
    Either way, they def need another guy or two for the OL.

Sad to see Monty leave and even sadder to see him going to the Lions.  Williams had a great year last year, but Monty is a def upgrade. 
  • Options
    New year.  Same old shit.  I hate to say it but I don't think Fields is the guy.  There's always so many excuses being made for him but at some point you have to be able to throw the ball down the field and he just can't do it.  Both lines were terrible.  Play calling was extremely questionable....how many screens do you need to try before you realize they aren't working?!?  2 targets for DJ Moore??  Just a mess all around.  They may have the #1 pick again next year.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
      They may have the #1 pick again next year.
    You must have fallen asleep before the Giants played last night.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 583
    Fucking embarrassing yesterday. I can’t think of a single positive. I hate this damn franchise so much. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    New year.  Same old shit.  I hate to say it but I don't think Fields is the guy.  There's always so many excuses being made for him but at some point you have to be able to throw the ball down the field and he just can't do it.  Both lines were terrible.  Play calling was extremely questionable....how many screens do you need to try before you realize they aren't working?!?  2 targets for DJ Moore??  Just a mess all around.  They may have the #1 pick again next year.
    Yeah, pretty much summed it up.  Every aspect of that team was utter shit!  They had how long to prepare for that game?
    QB1 doesn't look any different and has new weapons to play with.  If at around game 6 and he's still playing this way, I say bring in Bagent!  He looked better throwing the ball in preseason that Fields has in over two fn seasons!  And I'm not the "bring in the other guy" guy.
    The defense didn't look like they knew what the hell they were doing.  A lot of that is the game planning but man....so many people out of place, horrible coverage, terrible tackling and what the fuck was up with only rushing 4 the ENTIRE GAME!?!?!  You have a young and inexperienced QB and you don't do anything to speed him up!
    So bad!  Ugh!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha - this organization is a complete clown show. 
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Times like these have me reminiscing about the one badass super team in my lifetime. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,389
    Looking up which team is playing the Bears and if that defense is available in fantasy football...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    That pick=six late in the game was Pop warner level passing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,389
    Poncier said:
    That pick=six late in the game was Pop warner level passing.
    You need to go easy on Pop Warner my man.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    What a horrible play call in that situation.  An inside screen on your own goal line???  Obviously that's awful from Fields too but Getsy isn't doing him any favors.  Where are the designed runs and rollouts????  He's obviously never going to be a great pocket passer so gotta play to his strengths.  But hey, at least we get the Chiefs next week!  That's going to be ugly.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 583
    What a horrible play call in that situation.  An inside screen on your own goal line???  Obviously that's awful from Fields too but Getsy isn't doing him any favors.  Where are the designed runs and rollouts????  He's obviously never going to be a great pocket passer so gotta play to his strengths.  But hey, at least we get the Chiefs next week!  That's going to be ugly.
    Bucs GM said they knew exactly what play was coming there. Fields needs to play better but the #1 problem right now is clearly the coaching.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Holy. Shit.  
  • Options
    Another embarrassing day in a long line of embarrassments for this organization.  WTF is going on at Halas Hall???  I should bet my whole 401K on the Chiefs this weekend.
  • Options
    Another embarrassing day in a long line of embarrassments for this organization.  WTF is going on at Halas Hall???  I should bet my whole 401K on the Chiefs this weekend.
    That's a good....I mean REAL FUCKING good bet. This organization is a clown show. They'll probably keep fields and trade away their #1 overall pick rather than go after Caleb Williams.