U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• eddiec said:
    I friggen knew it was Claudio Reyna the second the statement came out yesterday!

I'm just reading about it. This is so bizarre.
    Is this the coach getting blackmailed?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    eddiec said:
    I friggen knew it was Claudio Reyna the second the statement came out yesterday!

I'm just reading about it. This is so bizarre.
    Wild. Now Reyna's wife has a statement out admitting to it and saying the situation is worse than described.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    It’s dirty

yea you accomplished your goal in getting him fired… but you look terrible too

not a good route
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Don't mess with a soccer mom.  The whole thing is a mess and everyone looks bad.  
    Yeah, it's all gross. Gotta figure Berhalter is gone though, right?
    Yeah hard to see him coming back after all this.  I thought he should have been gone even before all this nonsense came out....he's nowhere near good enough of a coach to bring back for another WC cycle.
    But at the end of the day, the reyna’s are true scumbags 
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    This is so embarrassing for everyone involved. 

• In a statement obtained by ESPN and Fox Sports, Reyna stated: “I told Earnie that I thought it was especially unfair that Gio, who had apologized for acting immaturely about his playing time, was still being dragged through the mud when Gregg had asked for and received forgiveness for doing something so much worse at the same age.”

Ain't that some shit?  The dudes Mom blew the whistle on this.
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    Straight out of Real Housewives of New Jersey. 
  • "My son isn't playing?  I'll have none of that!  You know what Berhalter did 31 years ago that everyone forgot about?  I'll tell you!!!"

I'd kick Reyna off the team for good too.  No need for that type of toxicity.

Coach screwed up apparently but he and his wife seemed to have made amends considering they are happily married.

I don't know man, this seems like trash.  If he can coach the team, leave him the coach.  If he sucks then fire him.  I thought he brought them to be a better team though.

Anybody else?
    Reyna's have been thru a major tragedy too, losing a son to cancer....I remember reading about it a few years after my Father died of the same disease.....very rare for someone their son's age.

i dont agree with what they, or she did......but maybe they have issues from that tragedy
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Reyna's have been thru a major tragedy too, losing a son to cancer....I remember reading about it a few years after my Father died of the same disease.....very rare for someone their son's age.

i dont agree with what they, or she did......but maybe they have issues from that tragedy
    How does the Reynas son's death have anything to do with playing time and blackmail?!?
    CROJAM95 said:

How does the Reynas son's death have anything to do with playing time and blackmail?!?
    IM not making excuses, i think what was done was dirty as previously stated

Im a Male, I presume you are as well......they always say a mothers love. She lost one, maybe she feels she was protecting Gio in some way

IDK....Just speculating like everyone else
  • CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Im a Male, I presume you are as well......they always say a mothers love. She lost one, maybe she feels she was protecting Gio in some way

Horrible take.  If that is why then she has some wires severely crossed up.

That angle never crossed my mind either.  That is digging deep my man.
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Never crossed YOUR mind? 🤣

way to expand that mind
    sounds NARROW minded

i said she was wrong… losing a child would def alter the way you perceive this situation … but your the expert 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Never crossed YOUR mind? 🤣

way to expand that mind
    sounds NARROW minded

i said she was wrong… losing a child would def alter the way you perceive this situation … but your the expert 
    You can get testy sometimes and it's "You're" Hoss.

Narrow, no.  I see it as obtuse.  Have a good day ol' Hoss!
    Testy ? Sound like you deal in absolutes

thanks for the spelling lesson 

lil dramatic with Horrible take? Lil much, you think?

• CROJAM95 said:
    Testy ? Sound like you deal in absolutes

thanks for the spelling lesson 

lil dramatic with Horrible take? Lil much, you think?

I'm busting your balls relax.

I forget most of you have never met me and it comes off wrong.  I'll let it go at that but it is a horrible take.

I'm looking forward to the next sports analysist to use that take on why she did it, lol.

See?  I'm busting "your" balls again.  I enjoy this and the back at me too.
    Soccer moms are nuts
    ^ no problemo

just throwing in some context 
    Soccer moms are nuts
    Some shit you'd see in youth soccer happening at the national team level.  Absolutely insane.  Although does this mean we've officially made it as a soccer country?!?!?  All the top teams always seem to have some sort of scandal going on!
    Soccer moms are nuts
    Some shit you'd see in youth soccer happening at the national team level.  Absolutely insane.  Although does this mean we've officially made it as a soccer country?!?!?  All the top teams always seem to have some sort of scandal going on!
    Dude, I saw something along these lines that we are a true soccer country now and thought it was great.  
  • Soccer moms are nuts
    Soccer moms are nuts
    Dude, I saw something along these lines that we are a true soccer country now and thought it was great.  
    YES! Aelexi Lalas posted that, lol.  Dude cracks me up.

He said "we eat our own" too.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    should a guy lose his job for doing something stupid at 18?  when the girl forgave him and married him?  and total douche move by the parents. grow the fuck up. your son dogged it and got called out on it so you tattle on the coach.  sports parents can be the absolute worst of society.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    pjhawks said:
    should a guy lose his job for doing something stupid at 18?  when the girl forgave him and married him?  and total douche move by the parents. grow the fuck up. your son dogged it and got called out on it so you tattle on the coach.  sports parents can be the absolute worst of society.
    I used to coach ice hockey.  Have talked to people that have coached tee ball, gymnastics, cheerleading, basketball, etc.  Everyone I've talked to that has coached children says the same thing, "the worst part is the parents."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Totally.
    I grew up playing travelling club hockey. When I was around 13 we had a dad leave the stands, run halfway around the rink to start screaming at our coach because his kid wasn't getting enough ice time. 

But this thing with Reyna is going to stick with him if he continues to be a part of the US team. The 2022 playing time controversy would have dwindled away. But not this. It will follow his national team career. Claudio was clearly onboard or he would have stopped it. 

Nice couple of games for the USMNT the past few days.  Maybe we could have used that Pepi guy at the world cup huh??  Also great to see Miles Robinson back.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Floarin Balogun reportedly about to announce for the US over England and to a lesser extent Nigeria. 

Would be a huge get.