Options

european shows...

kevkev Posts: 68
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
so i';m going to purchase 2 or 3 hopefully not 4 shows today...and i would love to hear which ones you guys think are the cream of the crop...could you give me your top european bootleg choices...thanks...kev
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Dublin - Superb opener. Only time they played Boys are back in Town, first time education was played and Fuckin' up closer.

Milan - Amazing crowd just something else.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    AcidgrooveAcidgroove Posts: 1,228
    Bern is a good option....
    Viva PERON Carajo!
  • Options
    really, not because it was their first time in Belgium... but antwerp was amazing!! great crowd, great set-list (as usual u might say...)!!
    really good choice. enjoy!
    Astoria London (UK) 04-20-06, Arnhem (NL) 08-29-06, Antwerp (B - FINALLY!) 08-30-06 , Paris (F) 09-11-06, Nijmegem (NL) 06-28-07
  • Options
    siljosiljo Posts: 2,201
    kev wrote:
    so i';m going to purchase 2 or 3 hopefully not 4 shows today...and i would love to hear which ones you guys think are the cream of the crop...could you give me your top european bootleg choices...thanks...kev

try with this:

Milan - amazing crowd
    Marseille - great setlist
    Zagreb - small acoustic set and pretty good setlist
    Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...
  • Options
    really, not because it was their first time in Belgium... but antwerp was amazing!! great crowd, great set-list (as usual u might say...)!!
    really good choice. enjoy!

I was at 8 last year, and I have to say this is one of the highlights. No offense to the Belgians, but I really expected(based on national stereotypes), that they'd be pretty laid back(Read boring) and the southern Europeans would be the ones to watch. Arnhem was more intimate for some reason and the crowd were absolutely electric. The way the crowd refused to stop singing Black(The only way he foudn to stop them was to start singing betterman) is worth the download fee alone, and like it or loathe it, when the band kicked into hungerstrike with wolfmother, the crowd couldn't believe it.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    siljo wrote:
    Marseille - great setlist

...but 'ruined' by some asshole in the crowd continuously shouting apparently... there's a thread about this somewhere....
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?