Options

Sound Quality at Wembley?

(UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone know what the sound is like? ..
I've been told the sound is good low down but bad (fuzzy & muffled) the higher you go. I've got seats in row W - the very top!... :( or :) ??

Anyone been to Wembley before that can give their opinion??
♥ ♪ ♪
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know what the sound is like? ..
    I've been told the sound is good low down but bad (fuzzy & muffled) the higher you go. I've got seats in row W - the very top!... :( or :) ??

Anyone been to Wembley before that can give their opinion??

It's not great from experience I'm afraid if you're not near the stage.
  • Options
    I'd say we're pretty near the stage foxymop and I'd be surprised if it's any worse than Earl's Court...although I was lower down, I was in pretty much the same position I am this time but higher! I think it will be fine. Since Wembley's overhaul, the sound should be better because they put money into the acoustics.
  • Options
    It's not as good as somewhere like say Brixton Academy, but it's not as bad as some people say. I'm sure it won't ruin the show for you. I saw PJ back in '96 seated half way back up the top, obviously not as good as being down the front, but it was all good.
  • Options
    Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    I've seen loads of bands at Wembley but went to Guns n Roses there last summer and the sound was so much better than before they did the place up.
    I'd say the worse thing about the place is the stewards.....they are a bunch of arse holes and will kick you out for anything. They tried to make me leave for resting my pint on the wall in front of me! Also no smoking in the whole of the building and they wont let you back in if you nip out for a fag
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • Options
    Alive 79 wrote:
    no smoking in the whole of the building and they wont let you back in if you nip out for a fag
    I wonder what they'll do about Ed and Boom??
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I wonder what they'll do about Ed and Boom??
    Ed will just pay the fine ..£1000 a fag..he can afford it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Since Wembley's overhaul, the sound should be better because they put money into the acoustics.
    I heard they'd improved the sound along with everything else (except possibly the stewards Alive 79;)) At least we got tickets!!.. and N5 is pretty near the stage :D

The thing that made me think about the sound was from seeing Muse at the Metro arena in Newcastle last November .. from where I was sat the sound was fantastic, really clear, but when I saw Foo Fighters there the sound was awful .. probably the two most extreme cases I've had .. and both in the same venue !! Weird.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Wembley has been refurbished and is a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

The sound is much better and the whole place is just a massive improvement on the shite it used to be.
  • Options
    sqwenosqweno Posts: 40
    I'd always sworn I'd never buy seated tix in Wembley again because the sound is so awful compared to standing. I've never had a good time seated, I have to say.
    But, if people say the acoustics are better now, then... Plus I missed Astoria last year and just have a feeling PJ are looking to wrap things up for a long time, so couldn't not go this time. I have seats in the C2 section behind the standing area and in front of the mixing desk, so I'm hoping it will be ok for sound, although, frankly, most large arenas are pretty rubbish for sound IMHO. Smaller venues usually much better (unless you're the RHCP and then the sound is ALWAYS terrible how ever much I love those guys! ;-} ) because they don't have to rely so much on the PA.
  • Options
    can you take beer to your seats?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    mancore wrote:
    can you take beer to your seats?

Yep, I did at the Thomas The Tank Engine show last year...
    Anyone else seen Thomas live ? Awesome show, but the sound quality was crap though.

But seriously... that was the last time I sat at Wembley and yes, I took a beer to my seat.
    You can take beer into the standing area too...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Yep, I did at the Thomas The Tank Engine show last year...
    Anyone else seen Thomas live ? Awesome show, but the sound quality was crap though.

But seriously... that was the last time I sat at Wembley and yes, I took a beer to my seat.
    You can take beer into the standing area too...

i knew standing is always ok, i rarely have seats though which is why i was unsure, im thinking of the footy when you cant :)
  • Options
    sqwenosqweno Posts: 40
    Last time I was at Wembley (can't remember when that was, probably Foo Fighters) you couldn't take any food or drink into the standing area. And they took your tickets off you, replaced with wrist bands. So if you like to keep tickets as mementos, take a colour copy before you go. (Sometimes they hand the tix out again at the end, if you can find the right man.)
  • Options
    I heard they'd improved the sound along with everything else (except possibly the stewards Alive 79;)) At least we got tickets!!.. and N5 is pretty near the stage :D

The thing that made me think about the sound was from seeing Muse at the Metro arena in Newcastle last November .. from where I was sat the sound was fantastic, really clear, but when I saw Foo Fighters there the sound was awful .. probably the two most extreme cases I've had .. and both in the same venue !! Weird.
    I've seen Foo Fighters live, and the sound was shit, maybe it's just them ;)

The sound at Wembley is good, imo. I was fairly near the front when I went with my sis to Snow PAtrol over Christmas and the sound quality was awesome, really good.
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    sqweno wrote:
    Last time I was at Wembley (can't remember when that was, probably Foo Fighters) you couldn't take any food or drink into the standing area. And they took your tickets off you, replaced with wrist bands. So if you like to keep tickets as mementos, take a colour copy before you go. (Sometimes they hand the tix out again at the end, if you can find the right man.)
    They do hand the tickets out, but not many of them seem to, which is a bit shit. Hopefully for PJ they will do PJ wristbands, not shit Wembley ones like I got last time :(
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    Merkyjamm wrote:
    They do hand the tickets out, but not many of them seem to, which is a bit shit. Hopefully for PJ they will do PJ wristbands, not shit Wembley ones like I got last time :(
    What, so we'll have 10c wristbands AND Wembley ones? :confused:
  • Options
    The wembley wristbands are shitty red things, and we didn't get a chance to get a ticket back when we went to see placebo there last Dec. But the sound was pretty good, even when standing nearer the back, not sure about seated mind you, but I'm sure PJ can make it sound the best! :)
    Reading Festival - 27th August 2006
    Paris Bercy - 11th September 2006
    Wembley Arena - 18th June 2007
  • Options
    Alive 79 wrote:
    they wont let you back in if you nip out for a fag

Oh the torture of going without carbon monoxide for a few hours..!
  • Options
    Paulaviki wrote:
    The wembley wristbands are shitty red things, and we didn't get a chance to get a ticket back when we went to see placebo there last Dec. But the sound was pretty good, even when standing nearer the back, not sure about seated mind you, but I'm sure PJ can make it sound the best! :)

Yeah, those wristbands were crap and we didn't even get our tickets to keep...which I know you like. I'd prefer to keep my PJ tickets, but a tee from the gig will do me :)

I think I've just heard you coming in the front door..! :P
  • Options
    Merkyjamm wrote:
    I've seen Foo Fighters live, and the sound was shit, maybe it's just them ;)

The sound at Wembley is good, imo. I was fairly near the front when I went with my sis to Snow PAtrol over Christmas and the sound quality was awesome, really good.

ha ha .. maybe you're right, foos are just shit .... but Muse are amazing! ;)

Good to hear from peeps who've experienced the "new" sound at Wembley, seems to be a definite improvement.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Foos ain't shit, they're my favourite band...yes more than Pearl Jam...sorry if that upsets anyone. Anyway, he probably saw them at Earl's Court, cos the sound is shit there.