Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    I have 2 copies of the new album on the hot pink vinyl. I somehow ordered 2 by accident. Then they arrived separately so I thought may I'd luck out and the color was different, but it's the same.

So, I have an opened but never played hot pink copy if anyone has a spare of a different color they'd like to trade? Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    KICK7071 said:
    Loujoe said:
    BSSM was groundbreaking to my eardrums way back then.......
    It was Freakey Styley for me!  That got me into MM and I bought BSSM the day it was released
    I fk.em.just to see the look.on their face. F m.just to see the look on their face. Yertle. 
    Pretty sure I backed into the others from bssm. Remember having mother's milk cassette & still.have freaky on cd. Hung with a super fan who talked about rhcp like a drug back then. He also was friends with piles of fish scale. Aka Nose candy. We scalped tix to rhcp at roseland nyc. Misssed pj, caught pumpkins. Good person.
    It's all.becoming a blurrrrr.
    I love my life.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Loujoe said:
    KICK7071 said:
    Loujoe said:
    BSSM was groundbreaking to my eardrums way back then.......
    It was Freakey Styley for me!  That got me into MM and I bought BSSM the day it was released
    I fk.em.just to see the look.on their face. F m.just to see the look on their face. Yertle. 
    Pretty sure I backed into the others from bssm. Remember having mother's milk cassette & still.have freaky on cd. Hung with a super fan who talked about rhcp like a drug back then. He also was friends with piles of fish scale. Aka Nose candy. We scalped tix to rhcp at roseland nyc. Misssed pj, caught pumpkins. Good person.
    It's all.becoming a blurrrrr.
    I love my life.
    I was there too was really into RHCP but did pay attention to PJ after that show! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    ^my friend that came with me caught the same show in Portland and said PJ stole the show. Whoops
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Looks like my dream of an arena tour is getting further and further away from reality. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    nicknyr15 said:
    Looks like my dream of an arena tour is getting further and further away from reality. 
    Yeah...maybe they will add more dates but I'm not going to any listed so far
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    The only one that I peeked at Syracuse is on a Friday is it a stadium? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    yeah not sure if Arena shows will happen 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    It’s a dome, formerly called the “ carrier dome”

big hefty bag roof…. It’s aight I guess…. I think 55,000 for concerts 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I fucking hate stadium shows. Better than nothing I guess but just horrible places for a concert.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I cant find the article but the guy running the video for the big screen behind the band said that he signed up for a three year tour. He said that you can't turn down something like that in his line of work. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    It’s a dome, formerly called the “ carrier dome”

big hefty bag roof…. It’s aight I guess…. I think 55,000 for concerts 
    Yeah not for me! Hope they decide to do an arena tour at some point.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Dudes are gonna be on the road a lot next year! Hope John is buckled in for good this time. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Dudes are gonna be on the road a lot next year! Hope John is buckled in for good this time. 
    Yeah I’m hoping  he can maintain! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I didn't realize RHCP had enough of a following to do a stadium tour, but I guess this is the way it's going to be.   The big headlining bands left from the 80s/90s are reducing in number, so the ones that keep tour will keep drawing bigger audiences.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Zod said:
    I didn't realize RHCP had enough of a following to do a stadium tour, but I guess this is the way it's going to be.   The big headlining bands left from the 80s/90s are reducing in number, so the ones that keep tour will keep drawing bigger audiences.
    I didn't either, and I had little interest in seeing them until I saw that they were playing songs from their full catalog and not just the same mid-tempo hits from the past decade. Now I wish they were playing somewhere near me. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    edited December 2022
    I went to the same high school as the original line-up (I was 3 grades younger), and it was always a joyful occasion to see them live up until the mid-90s. However, when they stopped doing their "oldies", it was no longer the fun show I grew to love in my youth.

One of my earliest RHCP shows on Halloween in 1986 also featured The Dickies, Thelonious Monster....and Guns n Roses....great sample of what was happening on the Los Angeles music scene at the time!

I was also lucky enough to see the triple bill of RHCPs, Nirvana & PJ in December 1991.

How I yearn for the old days!
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
    Wow! Super cool shows. Lot's of great music brewed up back then. Sure you are glad you took advantage of it.

I'm an east coaster and immersed myself when I could. My show resume is not as wild as yours  ;)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Loujoe said:
    Wow! Super cool shows. Lot's of great music brewed up back then. Sure you are glad you took advantage of it.

I'm an east coaster and immersed myself when I could. My show resume is not as wild as yours  ;)
    I was lucky enough to start going to shows when I was 14!
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    Zod said:
    I believe the surge in popularity can be mostly attributed to the return of John. It is the consensus of a lot music journalists and other music media i have read. That,  and they haven’t toured since 16-17
    I guess people like overpriced hour and a half shows, zero interaction with the crowd, and severely over-rated music🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Haijay said:
    Zod said:
    I believe the surge in popularity can be mostly attributed to the return of John. It is the consensus of a lot music journalists and other music media i have read. That,  and they haven’t toured since 16-17
    I guess people like overpriced hour and a half shows, zero interaction with the crowd, and severely over-rated music🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Ouch! Thanks for stopping by! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

I’ve always been just kind of a casual fan. I mean before this year I would of said that Californication was their best album. I’m not of that opinion anymore. I love these last two albums. I have been listening to Canteen non-stop. I prefer it to UL, but both are incredible IMO.

I’m embarrassed to admit that this was the first year I had seen them and thought the show was great. Not a big fan of stadium shows but being on the field was fun @ fuck. Im not a musician so I really hate trying to comment on how they played or whatever, but yeah, they’re amazing. I really have a new appreciation/understanding of them than maybe I did before. The video screen behind them was cool as well.  I will definitely be seeing them again if the swing through Illinois or Michigan. And I just started listening to Iggy Pop so my brain is starting to go into information overload!! Too much music, not enough time in the day!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Haijay said:
    Here some crowd interaction for ya, and based on your sour comment I think you might be able to grant AKs wish with an attitude like that.😉

https://youtu.be/x4V2SbjG5yU
    Yuck!
    I saw them at woodstock, the riotless one, and they were far from dull. Giant lightbulb costumes and had the crowd take there shirts off and twirl over our heads. Super wild.
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, i don’t have a VAHEENA!!!!! And, that was absolutely classless and disgusting for him to say that. When he’s almost 40 there and the crowd is mostly 25 and younger.  Gross
    Yep, that’s a nasty request. Reminiscent of the time that one artist removed hers during a live performance. It also seems like a typical spastic AK comment. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    Found these going through the attic today