******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Poncier said:
    That rushing game last night looked like old school 80's Nebraska against some lamb like old school Tulsa.
    Smash mouth. You can tell how much the offensive line enjoys playing in a balanced offense like this too. Love it.

As of right now, I believe every NFC East team would be in the playoffs. 
    They almost broke the franchise single-game rushing record of the 1948 Eagles (World Champions by the way) in this game vs. (checks notes) the Boston Yanks.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/194811140phi.htm

With the 376 rushing yards, Tommy Thompson also threw 3 TD passes. Shibe Park baby.

Anyway - not sure I'd call it a "balanced offense" right now - haha. When Goedert comes back we can balanced again.

pjhawks said:
    Is Rodgers seeking medical attention or just doing his own research?  
    Everything about the Packers' energy changed when Rodgers went to the locker room. I was really worried. He must be such a cancer there. Like having Elon Musk as your QB.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Poncier said:
    That rushing game last night looked like old school 80's Nebraska against some lamb like old school Tulsa.
    Smash mouth. You can tell how much the offensive line enjoys playing in a balanced offense like this too. Love it.

pjhawks said:
    Is Rodgers seeking medical attention or just doing his own research?  
    Everything about the Packers' energy changed when Rodgers went to the locker room. I was really worried. He must be such a cancer there. Like having Elon Musk as your QB.
    If they had made the switch to Love at halftime, GB might have had a real chance in the game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Here’s how the playoff picture in the NFC currently looks:
    Eagles (10-1, first in NFC East)
    Vikings (9-2, first in NFC North)
    49ers (7-4, first in NFC West)
    Buccaneers (5-6, first in NFC South)
    Cowboys (8-3)
    Giants (7-4)
    Commanders (7-5)

The NFC Beast

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I honestly would rather see the rest of the division go 0-17 every year. Also, starting to realize I really, really, really, really want this goddamn bye seed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Yeah I had forgotten the 2nd seed doesn't get a bye anymore. Definitely need that.

So, as of today, we'd host the winner of Bucs/Cowboys in the Divisional round. That would make for a ....fun....weekend around here. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah I had forgotten the 2nd seed doesn't get a bye anymore. Definitely need that.

So, as of today, we'd host the winner of Bucs/Cowboys in the Divisional round. That would make for a ....fun....weekend around here. lol
    So the NFL still reseeds the teams 1 through 4 after the Wild Card Round, so the #1 seed would get the lowest remaining seed. (Last year the #6 seed 49ers beat the #1 seed Packers in the Divisional Playoff.)  Both the Super Bowl teams were #4 seeds. Guess that bye didn't help, but I still want it.

Possibly Giants, Commanders or Seahawks in the Divisional Round. Anyway, yeah we definitely want that #1 seed.

So the NFL still reseeds the teams 1 through 4 after the Wild Card Round, so the #1 seed would get the lowest remaining seed. (Last year the #6 seed 49ers beat the #1 seed Packers in the Divisional Playoff.)  Both the Super Bowl teams were #4 seeds. Guess that bye didn't help, but I still want it.

Possibly Giants, Commanders or Seahawks in the Divisional Round. Anyway, yeah we definitely want that #1 seed.
    Seahawks are not in as of right now. If Wash loses to Vikes and Giants lose to Niners then we'd get either Bucs or Cowboys. I forgot about reseeding, but still, that scenario seems likely to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Bye not all powerful but having to risk injury and "any given Sunday" one fewer time is certainly a very big deal.  
    Niners vs Birds to see who goes to the Superb Owl from the NFC.
    (Dallas will screw it up, despite having a good team fully capable of beating the conference....they always do )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Next 4 are gonna be tough.  Tennessee at home then 3 straight road games.  take 3 out of 4 there and a bye looks like a really good bet. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Poncier said:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Bye not all powerful but having to risk injury and "any given Sunday" one fewer time is certainly a very big deal.  
    (Dallas will screw it up, despite having a good team fully capable of beating the conference....they always do )
    As a Niners fan, are you all in on their hype train? I feel like they are the team everyone is drooling over right now. 

Though they struggled with a bad Saints team yesterday....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited November 2022
    As a Niners fan, are you all in on their hype train? I feel like they are the team everyone is drooling over right now. 

No, not all in....if we had a better qb I would be.
    When I look around the NFC, though, I don't see many scary teams.
    Dallas?  They blow it.
    Giants?  Laughing.
    Washington?  I actually think they are better than Giants and have a strong defense.   Good team but I can't help thinking they will blow it
    Tampa?  Can't count out Zombie Tom but I'm not scared of them.
    Minnesota?  I guess?  I watched them some ans don't think they are that tough.  I do see how they can be I'm any game, though.
    Seattle?  Yeah, I like some of what I see but think their defense isn't good enough. 
    Philly - seem like the team to beat.

So, I like the Niners.  They cant stop getting injured and that is a huge concern.  Offense is up and down but Saints defense got healthier and is for real.
    Their offense is not, and that is why they got shut out.
    Believe it is 4 games in a row where we held opponents scoreless in 2nd half.
    This is a really good defense and an offense that can be good.

I'm not convinced we would beat Buffalo or KC, though...even if they could get by Eagles.  

I think Super Bowl looks very much like Eagles and Chiefs, but who knows.  Still many weeks out from playoffs.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

Dallas?  They blow it.
    Giants?  Laughing.
    Washington?  I actually think they are better than Giants and have a strong defense.   Good team but I can't help thinking they will blow it
    Minnesota?  I guess?  I watched them some ans don't think they are that tough.  I do see how they can be I'm any game, though.
    Seattle?  Yeah, I like some of what I see but think their defense isn't good enough. 

So, I like the Niners.  They cant stop getting injured and that is a huge concern.  Offense is up and down but Saints defense got healthier and is for real.

I'm not convinced we would beat Buffalo or KC, though...even if they could get by Eagles.  

I think Super Bowl looks very much like Eagles and Chiefs, but who knows.  Still many weeks out from playoffs.
    Big test coming up with Miami this week. I think that will tell us something about your squad.

Yeah, I kind of think the Communists might be better than the Giants too. The Eagles may have created a little wild card monster by forgetting to show up to that game. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg

Dallas?  They blow it.
    Giants?  Laughing.

Big test coming up with Miami this week. I think that will tell us something about your squad.

Yeah, I kind of think the Communists might be better than the Giants too. The Eagles may have created a little wild card monster by forgetting to show up to that game. lol
    Yeah, given that their coach knows our coach and his plays as well as anyone this could be a tough one.  I like this Dolphins team.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited November 2022

Dallas?  They blow it.
    Giants?  Laughing.

The nicknames are so cute…

In the NFC it's the Eagles, Cowboys, Niners, Vikings in that order right now.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Lacerated kidney for CGJ.....hope he's back for playoffs. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So looks like Davis is on track to be back this week. Maddux and Goedert should be back in the next couple weeks as well. 

We've really lucked out without having any of these being season enders. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So looks like Davis is on track to be back this week. Maddux and Goedert should be back in the next couple weeks as well. 

We've really lucked out without having any of these being season enders. 
    (Knocks on wood)
    New Eagles Christmas album coming out. Man those guys really are sellouts.

Wait - Philadelphia Eagles Christmas Album??? Um.

(maybe this should've been in the Dad Joke thread)

edited December 2022
    I bet Kelce and the boys will be at one of the Johnny Brenda shows to sing a few tunes. 

So is this thing sold out?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I bet Kelce and the boys will be at one of the Johnny Brenda shows to sing a few tunes. 

La Signora may be going so I have 2 tixx available at this point.

Wednesday by any chance?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Wednesday by any chance?
    I got Monday. Later in the week is really getting into the Xmas stuff.

Wednesday by any chance?
    I got Monday. Later in the week is really getting into the Xmas stuff.
    My brother and I are gonna try and hunt down tix if not too expensive but I cannot do Mondays. I really can't do fucking Tuesdays and Wednesdays but they're a little easier at least. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You have to pick up the tixx at Wlll Call with your ID - it'll be hard to scalp them.

You have to pick up the tixx at Wlll Call with your ID - it'll be hard to scalp them.
    Oh really? Damn it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Oh really? Damn it. 
    It said show starts at 8:30 (I know, grain of salt) - maybe it won't be that late. It's probably not a 2 1/2 hour setlist in that kind of venue. Only 250 people - probably not a s-show leaving (I've never been to Johnny Brenda's so, who knows).

edited December 2022
    Oh really? Damn it. 
    It said show starts at 8:30 (I know, grain of salt) - maybe it won't be that late. It's probably not a 2 1/2 hour setlist in that kind of venue. Only 250 people - probably not a s-show leaving (I've never been to Johnny Brenda's so, who knows).
    It will be a shit show in the best possible sense. Only way up to the show is up one staircase.

Also, lol, I bought that stupid vinyl. Will probably be arriving next week. I would very much think they'll all be there to sing a tune or two since the one dude in WoD produced it.
    JP would you eat at JB's or at one of the huge amounts of surrounding restaurants? (I am obsessed with Fette Sau)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JP would you eat at JB's or at one of the huge amounts of surrounding restaurants? (I am obsessed with Fette Sau)
    Suraya