SOUNDGARDEN - KING ANIMAL - Nov 13 2012

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    samjam wrote:
    TOMORROW!! :D:D
    ENJOY!!!

Another NYC Terminal 5 review: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m ... UJCCQEzlrJ
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    1996 Lollapalooza - Charlestown WV

3 idiots in their early 20's travel to WV to camp and go to the show with more beer than they needed. 1 of the idiots, myself, was stoked to see Soundgarden. Long story short, got to the camp site all thought it was better to start drinking first and worry about the tent later.

Tick tock, tick tock ... At some point we realize we're drunk and it's best to pull an all nighter and go to the show. Several hours of music the next day, Screaming Trees were great, then boom. The three idiots crashed. Too tired to stay for the whole show. I remember the conversation, "you guys want to head home?" Me: "I don't care, I'll catch Soundgarden again". :fp:

Took 16 years, but tomorrow is the day!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

3 idiots in their early 20's travel to WV to camp and go to the show with more beer than they needed. 1 of the idiots, myself, was stoked to see Soundgarden. Long story short, got to the camp site all thought it was better to start drinking first and worry about the tent later.

Tick tock, tick tock ... At some point we realize we're drunk and it's best to pull an all nighter and go to the show. Several hours of music the next day, Screaming Trees were great, then boom. The three idiots crashed. Too tired to stay for the whole show. I remember the conversation, "you guys want to head home?" Me: "I don't care, I'll catch Soundgarden again". :fp:

Maybe you should throw in one of these for good measure: http://luminarylane.com/product/250/chr ... -and-greet

Just showed up on Twitter.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Suziemay wrote:

Maybe you should throw in one of these for good measure: http://luminarylane.com/product/250/chr ... -and-greet

Just showed up on Twitter.

I'm only seeing 20% of Pearl Jam
    can I pay 20% of the $750
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Insanely jealous of this setlist.... :o

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/soundgard ... ba2b9.html
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:

I really wanted Fresh Tendrils at Shepherd's Bush but I ain't complaining ;)

Hope they tour europe next year.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    veddertown wrote:

Me too. Fingers crossed... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    veddertown wrote:

It was crossed off the setlist last night :( But what can ya do? Was an incredible show! Put up a review with pics in the other SG thread!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,988
    Recived the Super Deluxe Box yesterday (forgot to post the pics here):

1gkn5u.jpg

5xtojn.jpg

qn5zdc.jpg

2dvss5u.jpg

The box actually contains:
    The Double LP
    The CD
    The Hyde Park DVD
    The Booklet + lithos.
  • Options
    Is the DVD the full show?
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,988
    Yes. ;)

Now, you have to know that, apart from the DVD (that I really wanted) there's nothing really interesting (if you already have the CD and/or the vinyl).

I mean, the lithos are based on the same shots you have in the booklet, there are not other memorabilia items to add to its value. 85€ is quite expensive for what you have in it (compared to the Ten or VS/Vitalogy SDE).
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Really loving "Worse Dreams" right now. Love the pop feel to the chorus.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:
    Yes. ;)

Now, you have to know that, apart from the DVD (that I really wanted) there's nothing really interesting (if you already have the CD and/or the vinyl).

I mean, the lithos are based on the same shots you have in the booklet, there are not other memorabilia items to add to its value. 85€ is quite expensive for what you have in it (compared to the Ten or VS/Vitalogy SDE).
    Thanks for the input. Been on the fence about buying, couldn't bring myself to.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    Pap wrote:

I was just gonna post this :mrgreen:

very funny video! :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Pap wrote:

I was just gonna post this :mrgreen:

very funny video! :lol:
    :lol: Agreed. Leave it to Dave.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    the Soundgarden website says that King Animal Plus is available on iTunes, but it's not coming up. Is it only in the US store?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I go to see SG on Friday. Anyone else in Europe going to a show?
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    the Soundgarden website says that King Animal Plus is available on iTunes, but it's not coming up. Is it only in the US store?

I would like to get the cd version of it but I can't find it anywhere! :evil: Can anyone help me out???
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    King Animal Plus is a UK only release - I ordered it direct from the label here:

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... 2537428373

I have the album in multiple versions but I couldn't not pick this up and it's definitely worth it - Blind Dogs live alone on CD was worth the $20!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    "this place has a special kind of falling apart,
    Like they put the whole thing together in the dark"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options