Options

Just got home from my VIC show line visit

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey guys...

so I went to bring the line a case of water at 5:30.. stayed till 8pm (when everyone that was getting in got in)....

Some people took my free water, and some people looked at me like I was insane and going to steal their wrist band if they came near me..

I stood at the end of the line so people didn't get weird about me trying to line hop or something. Made friends with some great ticketless people. There was a guy who said if he got in this would be his 78th show.. he is 5** something in the 10c.. I was impressed, and sad for him. The ticketless people had an AWESOME spirit. 2 women from upstate IL near WI and two guys from North Dakota. I wasn't expecting to get a ticket, or to get in, and I didn't ask anyone since there was about 200 people before me.. but I live 10 mins from the VIC and wanted to check out the scene.

It's going to be a kick ass show with THAT crowds energy. Thanks for taking my no strings attached water allowing me to do my good deed for the day, and thanks for the fun way to spend my afternoon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That was cool of you. I would have loved to just be there and chat with everyone. How hot was it?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    great report, very well done. sounds like it's gonna be a good show.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Very cool of you. Shame that more people weren't appreciative :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    it was over 90 when I got there.. when the sun started to set the breeze was nice.. everyone was pretty damn sweaty... I hope for their sake the have strong air conditioning.. people are gonna stink!!

some people refused my water because it wasn't cold enough :(

I did meet the first person in line.. she said she's been there since tuesday.. maybe she meant in Chicago.. if she's actually been in line since tuesday then she freaking deserves it.. its been a hot ass week here!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    some people refused my water because it wasn't cold enough :(

assholes :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thats nice of u did anyone get in after the show let in?
  • Options
    Nope.. there were hundreds of people trying.. Maybe if there were a handful, but they were really yelling at people to get a move on..

I did hear that at least a few people got in asking for tickets there..

LUCKY!
  • Options
    wow cool, i think the people who lined up waiting probably deserved a ticket
  • Options
    a buddy of mine who got tixx just told me that he met 3 guys from san diego who dumped their 2nd tickets for a grand a piece.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
    -The Duke
  • Options
    Save YouSave You Posts: 80
    very cool of you to bring the water down you should have gotten in for being a decent and kind soul

leaving philly tommorrow for lolla and a great Chicago weekend!
    don't gimme no lip !
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Eventually a good sized contingent of police showed up to exercise some crowd control.
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    that's fantastic PJ fandom right there. just being there for the experience, not expecting a handout. so admire you for doing that.

wish more fans were like you.
  • Options
    I hope to see you all at Lolla..

Sorry I can't carry a case of water down there too!!!

To my "friends" I met in line tonight.. We seemed to have all missed out tonight. What a show! I was super bummed when I first got there tonight, it was sorta sad to admit that I wasnt going, but I felt really good after just bring some really thirsty people some water and sharing a few hours with some cool folk. Its not every day you meet people from North Dakota.

I actually left in a really good mood, grilled some dinner, and read the set list..

I'm pretty pumped for Lolla! Remember people.. what goes around comes around, good things come to good people.. always do your part :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Good on ya mate. You seem like the kinda guy I'd have a great time with.

Hopefully we can meet up at the next tour.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,091
    That's really cool of you.... I'm in the UK and this show wasn't an option for me at such short notice. I feel really bad though for those locals who couldn't get tickets, I just keep thinking how I'd feel if PJ played really close to my town and I couldn't get a ticket!

I'm glad you had fun just hanging out with fellow fans!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Hinny wrote:
    Good on ya mate. You seem like the kinda guy I'd have a great time with.

Hopefully we can meet up at the next tour.

It's a she :) look at her facebook

Very nice thing of you to do girl! I admire that! Live so close to the Vic and can't get in... that's a crime...
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    That's fantastic... I have to say the people in the queue were brilliant. Handing out water, doughnuts, cupcakes, I bought a few minifans for some people, I think I saw pizza being handed out. We'd so much fun and met absolutely wonderful people. Christine was the girl front of the line... and she was THERE from Tuesday night and deservedly so... lovely girl.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Hey Grey, were you the guy that kept running across the street to get more water bottles? I was sitting on the sidewalk by the corner of the building looking up at you with sad puppydog eyes and you gave me a water. It was delicious. I thank you very much.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Options
    Sadly I doubt that was me.. only because I'm a girl :)

You guys rock.. if i die of thirst a lolla, someone better bring me a water!
  • Options
    ohh I think I took one of your waters. You had some brand called Polar something right? It was in a cardboard box? You have blondeish hair right?
    I remember asking if it was cold, but taking it anyways when I felt that it was around room temperature. At that point I was soo hot I didn't care haha. What I had been drinking was bath water.

I dunno that you'd remember me...but I had on a red tank top that said Ado(red) on it and black Jeans. (ya I know dumb thing to wear those Jeans, but my concert shoes with the heels would look retarded with shorts).

Thank you sooo much for the water....that was REALLY sweet of you.

There was 3 people who were walking around giving out free water throughout the day. Loved the 10C members taking care of 10C members.
    Thank you to all the kind souls in the line :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Hey!

That sounds like it could have been me.. I have blonde and brown hair.. It was twisted up in a clip, and I had big sunglasses on. I had a navy blue Jakes Bar shirt and a jean skirt. Black flip flops.

I really think I frightened some people asking them if they wanted water. One guy asked me what I did to it...

I'm glad you made the trip after all that trouble!
  • Options
    Hey!

That sounds like it could have been me.. I have blonde and brown hair.. It was twisted up in a clip, and I had big sunglasses on. I had a navy blue Jakes Bar shirt and a jean skirt. Black flip flops.

I really think I frightened some people asking them if they wanted water. One guy asked me what I did to it...

Haha me too. Last nights so was SOOO worth it! OMG! Yup that was you that gave me water...It was nice to meet you and REALLY REALLY sweet of you to come out and do that for us. Thank you sooo much. :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    These are the threads I love. Great people! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    One guy asked me what I did to it...

LMAO, should've said "Ruphie's, I'm waiting for you to pass out so I can take your wristband!" :p
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14