Options

** GREATEST VOICE IN ROCK (music game) **

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667

Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Robert Plant 
    Ian Gillan
    David Coverdale
    Ozzy
    Daltrey 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    My favorite  entry, thus far.  Completely skipped yhe rules and put in your own favorite list.  (Not kidding, I love it!)
  • Options
    Also, big David Coverdale fan - nice call!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2022
    Gord Downie
    Jeff Martin
    Sarah McLachlan
    Neil Young
    Mr. Chi Pig 
  • Options
    My favorite  entry, thus far.  Completely skipped yhe rules and put in your own favorite list.  (Not kidding, I love it!)
    Oh damn 🤣🤣🤣 sorry about that I’ll have to fix it 
  • Options
    Robert Plant
    Eddie Vedder
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury 
    Janis Joplin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    This game is confusing.  Sometimes the entire list changes.  If were playing "who are your favorite singers", I would get it.
    And I would list:
    Neil Young
    Paul Westerberg
    Steve Wynn (Dream Syndicate, not that Vegas guy)
    Nil Lofgren
    Tom Petty
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Why can't people read simple rules?

I'll pick it up from F Me.

F Me In The Brain:
    Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

My change:

Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

F Me In The Brain:
    Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

My change:

Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton

Exactly.  I hope you understand that was what I was getting at. 

Question, after our turned has passed a few time, do we get to go again, or is it one shot and out?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

F Me In The Brain:
    Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

My change:

Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton

Question, after our turned has passed a few time, do we get to go again, or is it one shot and out?
    Haha. don't know. It's a rather pointless game. But fun to see what people put in and take out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:

F Me In The Brain:
    Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

My change:

Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton

Haha. don't know. It's a rather pointless game. But fun to see what people put in and take out.

It's a good game, I like it! 
    Until told otherwise, I'll assume it's OK to go again, so...

From yours:
    Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton

to:
    Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Tom Petty

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877
    Ronnie James Dio
    Freddie mercury
    Chris cornell
    Tom petty
    Neil young
  • Options

F Me In The Brain:
    Mike Patton
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin
    Yoko Ono

My change:

Neil Young
    Janis Joplin
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Mike Patton
    You must be a blast at parties
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    Loujoe said:
    Ronnie James Dio
    Freddie mercury
    Chris cornell
    Tom petty
    Neil young
    Mark Lanegan
    Chris Cornell
    Neil Young
    Tom Petty
    Freddie Mercury
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Interesting to see which people are listed, here.
    I guess "greatest voice" could mean many things.  I took it to mean the people with amazing singing voices, talent-wise.
    Clearly others are not using that same scale, lol.

• Options
    I guess "greatest voice" could mean many things.  I took it to mean the people with amazing singing voices, talent-wise.

Yeah that’s what I thought it meant! 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877

Never thought of yoko as having a good voice. Never really heard her. Janis joplin...not my cup.of tea. What do I know?
  • Options

For a brief moment I thought about listing J Mascis because I love his quirky singing.  But as J himself once said, "I don't know why people say they like my singing.  I've heard my singing before.  I know what it sounds like."  :lol:

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Never thought of yoko as having a good voice. Never really heard her. Janis joplin...not my cup.of tea. What do I know?
    Yoko is the greatest. JJ just doesn’t have her range. Only Mr. Chi Pig comes close to Yoko. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2022
    brianlux said:

For a brief moment I thought about listing J Mascis because I love his quirky singing.  But as J himself once said, "I don't know why people say they like my singing.  I've heard my singing before.  I know what it sounds like."  :lol:
    Thing is, it WORKS.  No one else can sing for D Jr. 
    I feel the same way about Les Claypool. No one else could sing to that band. Just wouldn’t work. 

J Mascis and Les Claypool are two of my favourites. Right there with Curt Kirkwood, Mark Lanegan, John Lydon, Lou Barlow, Geddy Lee, Paul DiAnno, etc. They aren’t going to go on the fucking Voice or any of those shitty singing shows. 

I will say though, the most underrated singer in rock history is Geoff Tate from Queensryche. Full stop.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I feel the same way about Les Claypool. No one else could sing to that band. Just wouldn’t work. 

J Mascis and Les Claypool are two of my favourites. Right there with Curt Kirkwood, Mark Lanegan, John Lydon, Lou Barlow, Geddy Lee, Paul DiAnno, etc. They aren’t going to go on the fucking Voice or any of those shitty singing shows. 

I will say though, the most underrated singer in rock history is Geoff Tate from Queensryche. Full stop.

Yes, good point about both Les and J (and the others)!

Speaking of Primus (and sorry if I've told this before) but a number of years ago when my wife still had her bookstore and I was helping out there, she came up to me and said, "Oh hey, Brian, I'd like you to meet Larry."
    I shook the nice fellows hand and said, "Hi Larry, nice to meet you."
    I later asked her who Larry was and she told me, "He's the husband of [so-and-so, the daughter of a long-time friend of hers]".
    "Oh, that's nice.  What does Larry do?"
    "Oh, he in a band.  I think they're called Primus."
    "WHAT?!"
    :lol:

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 830
    Eddie Vedder
    Chris Cornell
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin 
    Maynard James Keenan
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Ronnie James Dio
    Freddie mercury
    Chris cornell
    Tom petty
    Neil young
    Man Dio doesn't last long on here huh?
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Paul Dianno is a good one.

I never liked Queensryche so Mr Tate is out for me.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Fair enough, but the guy can sing. I don’t like Beyoncé, Whitney Houston or Luther Vandross but can admit they are great singers
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Fair enough, but the guy can sing. I don’t like Beyoncé, Whitney Houston or Luther Vandross but can admit they are great singers
    The singing was why I didn't like them, lol.  King Diamond is another one I never liked.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Our biases show here- mostly male rock singers.  And since we have included names of people who are no longer living, one could just as easily list:

Sarah Vaughn
    Patsy Cline
    Nina Simone
    Charles Aznavour
    Bing Crosby

In any case... back to the game:
    Joni Mitchell
    Eddie Vedder
    Freddie Mercury
    Janis Joplin 
    Maynard James Keenan

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,145
    Leonard Cohen
    Eddie Vedder
    Joni Mitchell
    Janis Joplin 
    Freddie Mercury
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,088
    Sarah McLachlan
    Eddie Vedder
    Joni Mitchell
    Janis Joplin 
    Freddie Mercury