Options

Arcade Fire

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    Fine. But threading that needle is incredibly tough. I'm sure its possible though. But if someone looks up to you, theres a power imbalance. Their feelings toward you are influenced. Its incredibly difficult to tell if they are into you or just the idea of you. And in this particular case, the starts of these relationships that Win had, that came into play.
    Every person w money that dates someone below them then?  Same thing?
    Exactly. Chuck Klosterman wrote something like "Every relationship is fundamentally a power struggle and the person in power is the one who likes the other person less."
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    edited September 2022
    Ultimately it’s about respect for the other person. But I would argue money as a power dynamic is a bit more ambiguous. And stuff as a representation of money isn’t always what it seems. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Beck pulls out of American tour! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470

Fuck. He was a large part of why I bought the ticket.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711

What show are/were you attending?
  • Options

Yeah i feel for you! I like Beck AF not so much. 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited October 2022
    Damn. I like Arcade Fire but AF and Beck together was the draw for me. I may pass on tickets now. If anyone has spare Philly tix lmk. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

11/19 San Francisco. Ticketmaster actually sent me a hard ticket. I'm seriously thinking of donating the ticket to a sexual abuse survivor organization, but not sure what reservations they would have about selling or auctioning it off.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

11/19 San Francisco. Ticketmaster actually sent me a hard ticket. I'm seriously thinking of donating the ticket to a sexual abuse survivor organization, but not sure what reservations they would have about selling or auctioning it off.

Just sell it yourself and make a donation?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Just sell it yourself and make a donation?

Now why didn't I think of that? Much better idea. Thanks.

• Options
    It’s hard to believe how easily things can change for a band/artist! To think how in the 60’s 70’s this kind of behavior was totally dismissed as normal! 
  • Options
    It’s hard to believe how easily things can change for a band/artist! To think how in the 60’s 70’s this kind of behavior was totally dismissed as normal! 
    I just watched the Hunter S documentary and the interview that had him and Sonny in it and Sonny nonchalantly talks about one of the Hells Angels "beating his ol' Lady" and got laughs from the crowd...

We have come a long way since then.
  • Options
    I just watched the Hunter S documentary and the interview that had him and Sonny in it and Sonny nonchalantly talks about one of the Hells Angels "beating his ol' Lady" and got laughs from the crowd...

Yes we have! The 80’s were specially vile all those metal glam rock bands taking advantage of young groupie’s 
  • Options

Yes we have! The 80’s were specially vile all those metal glam rock bands taking advantage of young groupie’s 
    Well if you watch film footage, a lot of them were willing and able...  What a weird time.  Even wall street movies showed that.  It was the decade of excess.
  • Options
    Digging the new album. 
  • Options
    Anyone going tonight in Brooklyn? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Was gonna do Hammerstien on Saturday...
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Im not the biggest fan of that album so I’m happy to see a more diverse setlist at Barclays. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Im not the biggest fan of that album so I’m happy to see a more diverse setlist at Barclays. 
    If I didn’t have a young daughter and plans away this weekend I would have done both. 

Neon Bible has always been my favorite but at least I’ve heard it all live before already. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    If I didn’t have a young daughter and plans away this weekend I would have done both. 

Neon Bible has always been my favorite but at least I’ve heard it all live before already. 
    This will be my first time seeing them tonight!! I’m excited. 
  • Options
    I ended up going to both shows and while the arena show was absolutely awesome enough to make me go the second night, the Hammerstein show was one the best shows I’ve ever seen. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I ended up going to both shows and while the arena show was absolutely awesome enough to make me go the second night, the Hammerstein show was one the best shows I’ve ever seen. 
    Well I screwed that one up...
  • Options
    If you're lukewarm on the music, does the live show throw you over the top? Checking them out tomorrow night.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I have seen them since they played clubs in the early 2000s......I am amazed at their current ticket prices.....standard tickets in the lower level are $179 + fees......crazy!
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    If you're lukewarm on the music, does the live show throw you over the top? Checking them out tomorrow night.
    I’d say it greatly depends on the crowd. Barclays crowd was decent and it was a good time. Hammerstein crowd knew every word and were going nuts. Band fed off that big time. The band will bring great energy regardless but a crowd that’s on fire definitely intensifies it. 
  • Options
    Arcade Fire were incredible when I saw them live in 2010. Based on videos of this tour, it looks like a good show, but not the same without Will Butler. He was the best live.