THEE OH SEES!!!

12346»

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Got me into them too. Never caught a show. Someday. Cool band.
  • Loujoe said:
    Got me into them too. Never caught a show. Someday. Cool band.
    Right on!
    Only dude I ever saw play a guitar up so high. Psycho Deli ic Garage Hardcore Noise. Put that in your ears and smoke it. I took the dare.
  • Loujoe said:
    Only dude I ever saw play a guitar up so high. Psycho Deli ic Garage Hardcore Noise. Put that in your ears and smoke it. I took the dare.
    I believe @brianlux took issue with that too, lol.  The guitar up so high.  He is the opposite of James Hetfield whom has it lower than anyone I have seen.
  • Man. Sounds like a weekend. 

Yeah, read on the Reddit that these shows were bonkers. 

• Tix go on sale for December show at Brooklyn Made.  Newer club in Williamsburg.
  • Got tix for Saturday!
  • These guys are touring again next month so sniffing for a new album!
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    I put on a random playlist yesterday at work, enjoyed it. 
    Going to listen to Castlemania today, local record shop has the vinyl. most likely pick it up this weekend. 
    Thanks for introducing me to them, and my ears thank you as well lol
  • DavidD said:
    I put on a random playlist yesterday at work, enjoyed it. 
    Going to listen to Castlemania today, local record shop has the vinyl. most likely pick it up this weekend. 
    Thanks for introducing me to them, and my ears thank you as well lol
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

• First shot was in the pit just as shit got real. I caught a girl in mid air. Saved her from falling to the ground while crowd surfing. 

Band played the longest in the 10 years I’ve been seeing them. 

One of thee's days I will sees them

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

First shot was in the pit just as shit got real. I caught a girl in mid air. Saved her from falling to the ground while crowd surfing. 

Band played the longest in the 10 years I’ve been seeing them. 

I love that first shot. It really shows the frenzy of the crowd. You should get that printed out on photo paper and frame it. 
  • So I wanted to come back to this show.

The pic w the person crowd surfing is the lead singer of the opening band.  She and her drummer both came from behind the stage and dove on in!

The opening band Tea Eater, was fantastic.  Check them out.  Fantastic vocals.  Makes songs about everyday things.  Songs about butter, “Butter.  I’m gonna eat butter until I die!”  Hysterical.

Pointing to random people in a song called You Again.  “You again?  You againnnnnn? Uh, you again?”

Really really enjoyed them.  My gf says that if her hormones were a band then this is it, lol.

Back to the Oh Sees and the venue.  Sound kind of sucked there.  A reverb or something made an echoing or almost harmonizing with the vocals sometimes.  

Front and center in the pit was great.  The bouncers got their asses handed to them, lol.  I had one bouncing off me.  He wasn’t moving me.

Band was on point as usual.  The dual drummers are so in synch with each other it’s fun to watch and hear.

The venue itself had been open for a year.  Brooklyn Made is what it’s called.  Really cool venue.  The bar is bigger than the stage area.  The bar tendress told us 7th at the owners bought an accompanying building looking to expand.  This was the Bushwick area that has been taken over by clubs and new construction.  Think Williamsburg 20 years ago.

The Oh Sees/OCS have a decent following and this place was a little small for them.  I don’t see them coming back here but who knows?  They come around every fall si I guess that’s when we will see them.  This was the first time in about 5 years that they did multiple venues.  This time they were a few months apart.

Go see this band!!!

• Dwyer has a new album coming out the 17th.  Castelface website is no longer.  You have to click one of the links.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Yeah, Bummer about the CF webstore. But I only now notice its been limited in activity for the past year. I'm guessing Matt has been super busy with his own band. At least the label is still a thing. 

• Yeah, Bummer about the CF webstore. But I only now notice its been limited in activity for the past year. I'm guessing Matt has been super busy with his own band. At least the label is still a thing. 

I ordered from it a few months ago and was checking it once a month for new stuff.  Went back the other day and it's gone.  I even wrote to Matt to see what was up but got no reply.

Something I did notice was more CF bands were touring together.  Bronze toured w OCs recently and Tomas' band opened up for them last year.
    I. Surprised I wasn’t clued in sooner. I didn’t think CF released one store exclusive repress last year. They all went to Newbury. I think they only did the new album and that was it. So it was pretty clear they wanted to do less volume. 
  • I. Surprised I wasn’t clued in sooner. I didn’t think CF released one store exclusive repress last year. They all went to Newbury. I think they only did the new album and that was it. So it was pretty clear they wanted to do less volume. 
    They were only selling the damaged copies and that Protean Threat lenticular I believe also?  I bought a few shirts off of there.  They came out w a new one each week it seemed like.  So that was early Novemeber.
    New album is incredible.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    New album is incredible.

Waiting for mine to arrive!

Where did you order from?  I had to get it from overseas...
  • Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 334
    Waiting for mine to arrive also. Ordered mine from Levitation.
    I got copies from Levitation and In The Red. ITR came a week ago, and Lev came on Monday.