NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I guess the 3rd last was when I started to get nervous that it was going to take a turn for the worse. 

Buit I guess seeing Naomi Watts in her undies was worth it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I got 2 more more Watchers to go. Creepy as fuck. 

Lots of great actors in it. 
    Man I'm 3 or 4 episodes in (can't remember honestly because they're all blurring) and I hate to piss on peoples Cheerios but I'm out. I've completely lost interest in this show.

I knew the actual story about the house in Jersey, and figured for it to be a series that it would have to go far beyond what actually happened - but I'm sorry it sucks. I enjoy a slow burn but this is wayyyy too slow.
    It is not a great show by any means but I've found it entertaining, albeit a bit slow at times. 
    Have you ever read about the actual house? It sure is creepy as fuck.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I got 2 more more Watchers to go. Creepy as fuck. 

Lots of great actors in it. 
    Man I'm 3 or 4 episodes in (can't remember honestly because they're all blurring) and I hate to piss on peoples Cheerios but I'm out. I've completely lost interest in this show.

I knew the actual story about the house in Jersey, and figured for it to be a series that it would have to go far beyond what actually happened - but I'm sorry it sucks. I enjoy a slow burn but this is wayyyy too slow.
    It is not a great show by any means but I've found it entertaining, albeit a bit slow at times. 
    Have you ever read about the actual house? It sure is creepy as fuck.
    A little. The letters in the show are almost taken word for word from the real life ones. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited October 2022
    the last 3 espisodes were terrible. ending was garbage. too bad. was a very good start. 
    Oh no. I got two left. I thought the last one was alright though...

do yourself a favor and don't watch them....

I'm with Hugh except I thought the third to last was ok...just the last two sucked giant dong
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    the last 3 espisodes were terrible. ending was garbage. too bad. was a very good start. 

I'm with Hugh except I thought the third to last was ok...just the last two sucked giant dong
    I've invested the time for 5 episodes, I can't quit now! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Didn't like the ending of The Watcher at all.
    I understand its inspired by a true event. But there were a lot of extras added into the show that were not part of the original story. Ending didn't make sense to me, made it kind of stupid. Up until the last episode I enjoyed it.

you'll wish you had

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

you'll wish you had
    You're not kidding. It's as if they started writing this show and had no idea how to end it. What a let down. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

you'll wish you had
    You're not kidding. It's as if they started writing this show and had no idea how to end it. What a let down. 
    really disappointing....but a lot of horror/suspense movies are like that. I thought 30 Days of Night was one of the best horror flicks ever but that damn ending fucked it up

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm actually totally fine with how it ended, but I think I'm the only one in the world who feels that way, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I'm actually totally fine with how it ended, but I think I'm the only one in the world who feels that way, lol.
    Nope. I’m fine with it too. Thought it was a good series.
  • Yeah, I saw it through this morning too. It was good! 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I was wondering when Season 3 (final season) of Dead to Me was coming out

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited October 2022
    Kinda funny that Netflix is producing a tv series about Blockbuster

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Kinda funny that Netflix is producing a tv series about Blockbuster

If they don't have some sort of joke about Apollo 13, they have failed miserably. 

I think Randall Park can be really funny and will probably give this one a chance.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    For true crime lovers, this is must..

https://youtu.be/ca00ZHJWKuA
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Just watched Facing Nolan. Very well done documentary on Nolan Ryan. I'd recommend it to any baseball fan.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 
    you know...I was thinking about this last night as my wife and I were watching Dahmer. Why do we glofiry serial killers like this? To the point he's almost a sympathetic character. My wife actually said at one point "I kind of feel bad for him". Obviously not in the bigger context, just at that one point in the series. 

I don't think I'm going to continue watching it. I don't need to see...

a person making out with a saran wrapped severed head

I'm really into true crime. I want to know what is out there....it's a sick fucking world.

I will say that TikTok is full of clips of Dahmer interviews now. If you look some of them up you would have a hard time believing that this person could do such things. He said himself that what he did was very sick and that he wished they would have caught him early.

I'm a huge true crime fan. Indeed it is a sick fucking... and I'm not compelled to avoid it, from a distance. I also just find true crime really informative. Educational, really. It's amazing the things that happen behind the scenes in the police investigation and criminal justice system.

I think the true crime shows are fine (talking about the crimes documentary style).  I don’t think these gory, violent shows like Dahmer are good for society at all.  I am not saying they should be outlawed and that I don’t watch some of them, but don’t see how they can have a positive impact on our culture.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Just watched Facing Nolan. Very well done documentary on Nolan Ryan. I'd recommend it to any baseball fan.
    Added to my List. Thanks !!
    Cinema at its best!!

https://youtu.be/hf8EYbVxtCY
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

PJ_Soul said:
    The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 
    you know...I was thinking about this last night as my wife and I were watching Dahmer. Why do we glofiry serial killers like this? To the point he's almost a sympathetic character. My wife actually said at one point "I kind of feel bad for him". Obviously not in the bigger context, just at that one point in the series. 

I'm really into true crime. I want to know what is out there....it's a sick fucking world.

I will say that TikTok is full of clips of Dahmer interviews now. If you look some of them up you would have a hard time believing that this person could do such things. He said himself that what he did was very sick and that he wished they would have caught him early.

I'm a huge true crime fan. Indeed it is a sick fucking... and I'm not compelled to avoid it, from a distance. I also just find true crime really informative. Educational, really. It's amazing the things that happen behind the scenes in the police investigation and criminal justice system.

I think the true crime shows are fine (talking about the crimes documentary style).  I don’t think these gory, violent shows like Dahmer are good for society at all.  I am not saying they should be outlawed and that I don’t watch some of them, but don’t see how they can have a positive impact on our culture.
    this is it. this isn't "true crime". it's hyper-dramatized true events. I don't need to see a serial killer french kissing a severed head to get the gist. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

this is it. this isn't "true crime". it's hyper-dramatized true events. I don't need to see a serial killer french kissing a severed head to get the gist. 
    It was meant to be shocking though....so if there was no french kissing the head you wouldn't be nearly as shocked.

And honestly....we should feel sorry for Dahmer in a sense. No one that isn't completely insane would do such things.

well of course it was *meant* to be shocking. that's the current entertainment sickness we find ourselves in. without gory visuals, it wouldn't make as much money. 

I would have been just as entertained with an Unsolved Mysteries type of production. I don't mind gore when it's fictional; I despise dramatic depictions and they can use the "based on true events" tag to try to make everyone believe every thing in the show actually happened (and many do). Even the manner of his first kill wasn't truth. I looked it up. So you can't tell me that other stuff he did when he was alone wasn't highly ficiontalized. 

I have to agree with you there somewhat. I've often thought that the sickest minds among us should be somewhat pittied. I don't know if they can control those impulses. Of course, they need to be locked away to protect society, but I can't imagine being stricken with such a brain. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

well of course it was *meant* to be shocking. that's the current entertainment sickness we find ourselves in. without gory visuals, it wouldn't make as much money. 

I would have been just as entertained with an Unsolved Mysteries type of production. I don't mind gore when it's fictional; I despise dramatic depictions and they can use the "based on true events" tag to try to make everyone believe every thing in the show actually happened (and many do). Even the manner of his first kill wasn't truth. I looked it up. So you can't tell me that other stuff he did when he was alone wasn't highly ficiontalized. 

I have to agree with you there somewhat. I've often thought that the sickest minds among us should be somewhat pittied. I don't know if they can control those impulses. Of course, they need to be locked away to protect society, but I can't imagine being stricken with such a brain. 
    what was untrue about the first kill? I just read it and it seemed pretty accurate

what was untrue about the first kill? I just read it and it seemed pretty accurate
    in the show, they fictionalized it as there being a fight and the victim trying to leave. 

in reality, the victim was sitting in a chair and dahmer hit him in the back of the head unprovoked. it's little things like that that bug me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

in the show, they fictionalized it as there being a fight and the victim trying to leave. 

in reality, the victim was sitting in a chair and dahmer hit him in the back of the head unprovoked. it's little things like that that bug me. 
    gotcha...yeah I get it

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

1899  on Twitter The first official 1899 poster   httpstcoV5MXBieWj6  Twitter
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

final season of Dead to Me is out now. need to start that...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD