Kanye 2020???

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    brianlux said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:
    He’s an asshole I can honestly say I couldn’t name one of his tunes! I’ve never listened to any of his music, glad his vitriol is being rejected. 

Agreed, and this doesn't say much for all the people who help make him a very wealthy man.  I'll never understand that.  People are weird.
    You’ve become comfortably numb

Actually, no, I wake up every morning feeling like a I was run over by a Mack truck, but that comes with age and I keep on hacking, man.  But look, what the fuck does my comfort level have to do with the topic at hand?
    You were not missed, Bacon.
    I think the topic was Anti-Semites
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:
    BS44325 said:
    brianlux said:
    He’s an asshole I can honestly say I couldn’t name one of his tunes! I’ve never listened to any of his music, glad his vitriol is being rejected. 

Agreed, and this doesn't say much for all the people who help make him a very wealthy man.  I'll never understand that.  People are weird.
    You’ve become comfortably numb

Actually, no, I wake up every morning feeling like a I was run over by a Mack truck, but that comes with age and I keep on hacking, man.  But look, what the fuck does my comfort level have to do with the topic at hand?
    You were not missed, Bacon.
    I think the topic was Anti-Semites

And here all along I thought it was Adidas in heat.  Well, shucks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

THE ILLUMINATI HAS OFFICIALLY CHOSEN TO END OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH KANYE WEST

In light of his recent inflammatory, hateful comments, the Illuminati has made the decision to end our relationship with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West. West’s abhorrent, anti-Semitic remarks are unacceptable, and starkly go against the values of our global shadow regime.

The Illuminati detests bigotry in all its forms, and West’s statements regarding Jewish people have been particularly disturbing to us, as our deep-state organization prides itself on the inclusion of members of all faiths and ethnicities who come together to be the unseen architects of the world’s wars; influence international markets; and decide which behavioral patterns should be subliminally suggested through blockbuster films. West’s sole attribution to the Jewish people of a widespread conspiracy to control society is a detestable lie offensive not only to those of the Jewish faith but also to this diverse, power-hungry cabal.

Hatred has no place in this secret society. Since our establishment, in 1789 (when shape-shifting lizards waged a covert coup to replace the Founding Fathers), our consortium has been committed to progress and the cultivation of a community in which all are safe to be manipulated into believing the puppet leaders we’ve installed. We support equitability in our clandestine world domination, which is why hate speech such as West’s is so disturbing to us, specifically. We at the Illuminati work so hard to avoid discrimination when distributing tracking chips developed by Bill Gates via the coronavirus vaccine.

Our decision to terminate our relationship with West does not come lightly, as we have been working closely with him for more than twenty years, ever since our Director of Inclusion and Outreach, Jay-Z, introduced him to us. We are saddened that West’s dangerous and regressive statements have forced us to end our association with him, after years of mutually profitable collaboration—from using his music to activate Russian sleeper agents and spread demonic messages, to using 5G signals to program citizens who have consumed fluoride to think that Yeezy designs are cool. The losses to our treacherous fraternal confederacy will be great, but we find it important to do what’s right.

We here at the Illuminati hope that our actions will serve as an example to all the dithering masses of sheeple we control as they go about their days under the illusion that they have free will. Although we traditionally operate behind the scenes, we knew that we could not stay silent and allow West’s prejudiced comments to remain uncontested. We applaud the other crass capitalist organizations that eventually took a stand against West’s bigotry, and we hope that more will follow suit. No one should tolerate West’s harmful comments—the Illuminati firmly believes that all evil should be done in secret. ♦

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    gift article. Opinion piece by Charles M. Blow

The Self-Destruction of Ye

Oct. 30, 2022, 3:00 p.m. ET

Charles M Blow

By Charles M. Blow

Opinion Columnist

Sign up for the Opinion Today newsletter  Get expert analysis of the news and a guide to the big ideas shaping the world every weekday morning. Get it sent to your inbox.

Honestly, I never expected this episode of Kanye West drama to last as long as it has. I certainly didn’t expect myself to care much about it. I figured I’d weigh in once and move on.

“Billionaire Maker of Ugly Shoes and Oversized Jackets Ends Career With Reckless Mouth.”

That, I thought, would be it. But it hasn’t been. His embrace of anti-Black, antisemitic and white supremacist language wasn’t the only thing that interested me. I have also been watching the reactions to his fall, which, in all their strange contradictions, have exposed ugly truths about power in this country — who can and will demand accountability, how corporations exploit culture and character until they imperil profits, how some people absorb and accept insult and give too long a leash to those with the most money and most fame.

Let me first say this: West, who now goes by Ye, should have become a pariah when he was talking about slavery as a choice, making a mockery of Black ancestors whose suffering was anything but a choice. No one would choose rape for themselves, their mothers, daughters or sisters. No one would choose the noose or the lash. No one would choose a body torn apart by dogs or starved into madness.

But Ye wasn’t vanquished. He offered a weak-tea apology, and the odiousness of the offense faded. People packed his concerts and bought his clothing. Corporations flocked to be associated with him.

He should have become a pariah when he gushed over Donald Trump in the Oval Office and said of his MAGA hat: “There was something about when I put this hat on, it made me feel like Superman.”

But nothing. The deals continued. The legend grew.

So long as he was a Black man positioning himself in opposition to Black people’s interests, he was a phenom. He was counterculture. He was a disrupter. He was above and beyond conventional thinking and conventional labels.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

THE ILLUMINATI HAS OFFICIALLY CHOSEN TO END OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH KANYE WEST

In light of his recent inflammatory, hateful comments, the Illuminati has made the decision to end our relationship with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West. West’s abhorrent, anti-Semitic remarks are unacceptable, and starkly go against the values of our global shadow regime.

The Illuminati detests bigotry in all its forms, and West’s statements regarding Jewish people have been particularly disturbing to us, as our deep-state organization prides itself on the inclusion of members of all faiths and ethnicities who come together to be the unseen architects of the world’s wars; influence international markets; and decide which behavioral patterns should be subliminally suggested through blockbuster films. West’s sole attribution to the Jewish people of a widespread conspiracy to control society is a detestable lie offensive not only to those of the Jewish faith but also to this diverse, power-hungry cabal.

Hatred has no place in this secret society. Since our establishment, in 1789 (when shape-shifting lizards waged a covert coup to replace the Founding Fathers), our consortium has been committed to progress and the cultivation of a community in which all are safe to be manipulated into believing the puppet leaders we’ve installed. We support equitability in our clandestine world domination, which is why hate speech such as West’s is so disturbing to us, specifically. We at the Illuminati work so hard to avoid discrimination when distributing tracking chips developed by Bill Gates via the coronavirus vaccine.

Our decision to terminate our relationship with West does not come lightly, as we have been working closely with him for more than twenty years, ever since our Director of Inclusion and Outreach, Jay-Z, introduced him to us. We are saddened that West’s dangerous and regressive statements have forced us to end our association with him, after years of mutually profitable collaboration—from using his music to activate Russian sleeper agents and spread demonic messages, to using 5G signals to program citizens who have consumed fluoride to think that Yeezy designs are cool. The losses to our treacherous fraternal confederacy will be great, but we find it important to do what’s right.

We here at the Illuminati hope that our actions will serve as an example to all the dithering masses of sheeple we control as they go about their days under the illusion that they have free will. Although we traditionally operate behind the scenes, we knew that we could not stay silent and allow West’s prejudiced comments to remain uncontested. We applaud the other crass capitalist organizations that eventually took a stand against West’s bigotry, and we hope that more will follow suit. No one should tolerate West’s harmful comments—the Illuminati firmly believes that all evil should be done in secret. ♦

Now who's going to "watch the throne"?!?
  • Options

Adidas to start selling stockpile of Yeezy sneakers later this month
    By
    Today

NEW YORK (AP) — Adidas said Friday that it will begin selling its more than $1 billion worth of leftover Yeezy sneakers later this month, with the proceeds to be donated to various anti-racism groups.

The German sportswear brand said recipients will include the Anti-Defamation League, which fights antisemitism and other forms of discrimination, and the Philonise & Keeta Floyd Institute for Social Change, run by social justice advocate Philonise Floyd, the brother of George Floyd.

“After careful consideration, we have decided to begin releasing some of the remaining Adidas Yeezy products," said Adidas CEO Bjorn Gulden in a statement. “Selling and donating was the preferred option among all organizations and stakeholders we spoke to. There is no place in sport or society for hate of any kind and we remain committed to fighting against it.”

Yeezy products have been unavailable to shoppers since Adidas terminated its partnership with Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, in October 2022 following his antisemitic comments on social media and in interviews.

The items to be sold include existing designs as well as designs that were in the works in 2022 for sale this year, Adidas said.

At Adidas’ annual shareholders meeting earlier this month, Gulden said the company had spent months trying to find solutions before deciding against destroying the items and to rather sell them to benefit various charities that were harmed by what Ye said.

The company said Friday that the move has no immediate impact on the company's current financial guidance for 2023.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options