Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    To me this is as good of a set list as you can expect, considering a new album is going to fill a few song slots regardless.  It’s a good balance so I don’t think there will be massive complaints about song choices.

FWIW I missed them 25 years ago unfortunately, and made up for it this time. I wasn’t disappointed.  Had I made that show in the 90’s who knows 

The tour they did in 2018 was phenomenal.

Setlist from Boston show (had a front row seat):

The Smashing Pumpkins Concert Setlist at TD Garden, Boston on July 31, 2018 | setlist.fm

1. (Billy Corgan solo)
      Play Video
    2. Play Video
    3. Play Video
    4. Play Video
    5. (David Bowie cover)
      Play Video
    6. Play Video
    7. Zero Speech Interlude
      Play Video
    8. Play Video
    9. Play Video
    10. Play Video
    11. Play Video
    12. Play Video
    13. Play Video
    14. Mark McGrath Vaudeville Interlude #1
      Play Video
    15. Play Video
    16. Play Video
    17. Play Video
    18. Play Video
    19. Play Video
    20. (Fleetwood Mac cover)
      Play Video
    21. Play Video
    22. (Led Zeppelin cover)
      Play Video
    23. Play Video
    24. Mark McGrath Vaudeville Interlude #2
      Play Video
    25. Play Video
    26. Play Video
    27. Play Video
    28. Play Video
    29. Play Video
    30. Play Video
    31. Play Video
    32. Play Video

33. Encore:
    34. Play Video

my show in Columbus...
    2 shows and no Silverfuck...

^^^^^ 2018

2022 it was the closer.....

Oh yeah!  Hot damn!

its in the set this tour with Jane's.  not a closer but its being played.
    It's the one song I would go see them to hear actually.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I'm also sad Drown seemed to have been removed from this years setlist :(
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    To me this is as good of a set list as you can expect, considering a new album is going to fill a few song slots regardless.  It’s a good balance so I don’t think there will be massive complaints about song choices.

FWIW I missed them 25 years ago unfortunately, and made up for it this time. I wasn’t disappointed.  Had I made that show in the 90’s who knows 

The tour they did in 2018 was phenomenal.

Setlist from Boston show (had a front row seat):

The Smashing Pumpkins Concert Setlist at TD Garden, Boston on July 31, 2018 | setlist.fm

1. (Billy Corgan solo)
      Play Video
    2. Play Video
    3. Play Video
    4. Play Video
    5. (David Bowie cover)
      Play Video
    6. Play Video
    7. Zero Speech Interlude
      Play Video
    8. Play Video
    9. Play Video
    10. Play Video
    11. Play Video
    12. Play Video
    13. Play Video
    14. Mark McGrath Vaudeville Interlude #1
      Play Video
    15. Play Video
    16. Play Video
    17. Play Video
    18. Play Video
    19. Play Video
    20. (Fleetwood Mac cover)
      Play Video
    21. Play Video
    22. (Led Zeppelin cover)
      Play Video
    23. Play Video
    24. Mark McGrath Vaudeville Interlude #2
      Play Video
    25. Play Video
    26. Play Video
    27. Play Video
    28. Play Video
    29. Play Video
    30. Play Video
    31. Play Video
    32. Play Video

33. Encore:
    34. Play Video

my show in Columbus...
    2 shows and no Silverfuck...

^^^^^ 2018

2022 it was the closer.....

Oh yeah!  Hot damn!

its in the set this tour with Jane's.  not a closer but its being played.
    apparently tickets are available

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

apparently tickets are available

Debating on it.  I have a big weekend and have to set up for a sportscard show...
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Looking at tickets now for the Atlanta show tonight.  Show starts in 3.5 hours and thousands are still available on TM.  Plus Groupon is still selling them too.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    JojoRice said:
    Looking at tickets now for the Atlanta show tonight.  Show starts in 3.5 hours and thousands are still available on TM.  Plus Groupon is still selling them too.  
    Crossing fingers they move us in the upper level down. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    JojoRice said:
    You should just go to the venue I imagine there will be a ton of freebies. I have also heard they are moving folks to the lower levels. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Looks more full than I thought. Everything behind the stage is blocked off though. Currently on the floor. Jane’s is done. SP on in about 20.
    edited October 2022
    Looks more full than I thought. Everything behind the stage is blocked off though. Currently on the floor. Jane’s is done. SP on in about 20.
    Mellow crowd up high. And a lottt of open seats up here. I need to see Jane as a headliner sometime. Loved it
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Three Days rocked! First song was hard to hear his vocals, but everything after picked up.
    Pumpkins sounded really good! Weird crowd from an energy perspective, but I really enjoyed it. Billy seemed in good spirits and was really trying to milk the praise at the end ha. 

Unrelated to music, the posters have all been pretty cool so far too. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited October 2022
    Enjoyed the show on the floor. Energy was up and down from the crowd. Five songs before the finale people were hitting the exits. Not sure why. Band sounded great!

Silverfuck rocked, and oddly for me, I really enjoyed hearing Cyr and Solara. So much better live than in the recording. The AUTM tracks sounded good, but man, that Beguiled video was crazy.

Good show all in all. My buddy and I said Billy might do better if he played 2 or 3 nights (like Jack White) at the Tabernacle. Increased demand for a smaller venue. Mix up the set list a bit with some deeper tracks each night. Probably get a more high energy crowd of die hard fans as well. I remember the Tabernacle show for Machina. Loved that!
    Pumpkins sounded really good! Weird crowd from an energy perspective, but I really enjoyed it. Billy seemed in good spirits and was really trying to milk the praise at the end ha. 

Unrelated to music, the posters have all been pretty cool so far too. 

There's concert posters? cool!
  • Three Days rocked! First song was hard to hear his vocals, but everything after picked up.
    Why I want to see them but without Navarro...
    Yeah, but the bass and drums were solid. Could really hear that in the mix and it was pretty awesome. Honestly Perry is the weak link in all of that. His onstage persona is weird. Or he’s just weird.
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    I went to the show last night in Atlanta and was, for the most part, blown away. The arena was a lot more filled that I expected, and the crowd was great. Janes, who i havent seen since 2003, i thought were incredible. Troy filled in terrificly for Dave and Stephen and Eric are just forces. Perry, who we all know has always had a trouble live with vocals, sounded good to me.

For SP, who i have not seen since 2007, came out and played LOUD. Couldn't believe how loud, but crisp, the sound was at the arena (i was on the floor, about 20 rows back). Seeing Jimmy on drums is such a treat, especially seeing him and Stephen Perkins in the same night. I thought the songs were performed flawlessly, especially "I Of The Mourning" which was a standout. The only misses were the placement of new songs. Opening and closing with new songs is fine by me, but the ending was pretty abrupt. 

All in all, i went in with low expectations for both Janes Addiction and SP, but i came away super pumped and happy. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Went to UBS show last night… both bands were very good…great time
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Josh K just joined Jane's for Three Days. Not sure if that's unique on the tour but pretty awesome.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I’ve only seen them live twice, in 95 and 08. 
    95 was a lot of fun (as all festivals should be when you’re a bunch of teenagers with beers and tents), but I can’t remember anything about the 08 show at all. We were on the top level and Billy was just a small sparkly dot on the stage.
    I had to google the set lists to figure out what they’d played.

Reading Festival 1995

Jellybelly
    Zero
    Today
    Disarm
    Fuck You (An Ode To No Zone)
    Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
    Geek USA
    Rocket
    Thru The Eyes of Ruby
    Siva
    Cherub Rock

Encore:
    Mayonnaise
    XYU

London 2008

Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
    Behold! The Night Mare
    Bring The Light
    Tonight, Tonight
    Mayonaise
    Try, Try, Try
    Superchrist
    (Come On) Let’s Go!
    Stellar
    Perfect
    Lily (My One and Only)
    The Rose March
    Today
    Tarantula
    Stand Inside Your Love
    Ava Adore
    Drown
    Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    That’s The Way (My Love Is)
    My Blue Heaven
    The Everlasting Gaze
    Cash Car Star
    Daydream
    Wound
    United States

Encore:
    Lips Like Sugar
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • I couldn't make it Friday.  They played Silverfuck.. Dammit man...
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Is Klinghoffer going to do the rest of the tour with Jane’s Addiction?  He joined for “Three Days” in NYC and Boston
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hoping for some news on Machina soon! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    That would be awesome, but I bet the label is waiting until AUTM is fully rolled out. Billy is in the midst of a 33 week press tour with this podcast. I bet they want all of Billy’s and fan’s attention on the Machina reissue.

Really looking forward to it though.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Janes Addiction just canceled for Philly, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal and QBC
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Some people are pretty pissed.  The last time I saw Jane's Addiction was Lolla 2003, and the played after Audioslave.   It was kind of a decompress after a super rowdy audioslave set.  We actually left the pit, and found some empty seats to sit in.     I suppose with an opening set it would be a lot tighter (ie less filler).

Hopefully they're back in place for the Vancouver show.  I saw OLP play here a few months ago, so I'd rather see Janes Addiction.  If I were a Janes Addiction fan i'd be pretty dissapointed that they had to miss some dates on the tour.
  • What up w JA cancelling?  What happened now?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    CROJAM95 said:
    Went to UBS show last night… both bands were very good…great time
    I was driving home from JFK airport saw that they were playing that night! 15 years ago I would of gotten tickets these days I’ve lost interest completely! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OLP is not a good replacement. no one is going to care about their set. But SP had to scramble. I suppose they're lucky they could scrounge up anyone. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyrat said:
    Yep, tells me nothing...

WTH did he injure, his tonsils, foot, asshole?