Options

Say Hi Tomorrow

voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey Guys,

I will be getting to the Vic area tomorrow around 1-2PM, I will be wearing a Rolling Stones shirt, you can't miss me as I am a big/tall man (with all the pluses and minuses that come with that) and would love to chat with fellow fans and share a few cold ones. Don't be shy, come by and say hello....

Cheers,

John
There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I'll be there too, but I don't know what I'll be wearing yet.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    voodoopug wrote:
    Hey Guys,

I will be getting to the Vic area tomorrow around 1-2PM, I will be wearing a Rolling Stones shirt, you can't miss me as I am a big/tall man (with all the pluses and minuses that come with that) and would love to chat with fellow fans and share a few cold ones. Don't be shy, come by and say hello....

Cheers,

John

you know what you are wearing tomorrow........... wierd ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i will be weraing something light made of cotton and comfy shoes :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    I will be wearing a midget as a necklace.

"watch out for my medallion, my diamonds are reckless.....feels like a midget is hanging from my necklace."

Damn you, Ludacris!!!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    you know what you are wearing tomorrow........... wierd ;)

I figured this would be easy for other fans to recognize. And when I wear a suit everyday to work, I look forward to dressing casual.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    voodoopug wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Cheers,

John

So when you go to a Stones concert, do you wear a Pearl Jam shirt?

I never understood the people who wear the shirt of one band to a concert of another band.
  • Options

I never understood the people who wear the shirt of one band to a concert of another band.

nope, been to about 50 stones shows and always wear a stones shirt or one from a fan club (Shidoobee or Rocks Off). Just wearing one tomorrow so I will be easy to spot without going with the option of the ridiculously loud shirt (see: Tye Dye or Hawaiian).
  • Options

also, I had a stones shirt on when I met Mike McCready, so hoping it has some luck/karma left in it.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    nope, been to about 50 stones shows and always wear a stones shirt or one from a fan club (Shidoobee or Rocks Off). Just wearing one tomorrow so I will be easy to spot without going with the option of the ridiculously loud shirt (see: Tye Dye or Hawaiian).

I think you should wear one of the bright orange shirts that roadway construction workers wear!
  • Options
    I think you should wear one of the bright orange shirts that roadway construction workers wear!

Wearing Bright Orange is one of the minuses of a big/tall man unless this shirt is worn at a Bears game.
  • Options

I do that all the time...mostly because I travel to see the shows and it just makes sense to be in "rock band" mindset. Besides, I mostly wear rock shirts.

I also make my own PJ shirts...so, sometimes my shirts arent recognizable as Pearl Jam shirts...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options

Should it say "STONE" on it?? :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    I do that all the time...mostly because I travel to see the shows and it just makes sense to be in "rock band" mindset. Besides, I mostly wear rock shirts.

I also make my own PJ shirts...so, sometimes my shirts arent recognizable as Pearl Jam shirts...

Can you make me a XXL Black Sleeveless "Keith Richards and the Expensive Winos" TShirt? I will compensate you appropriately.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    sorry to butt in,

but i think thread starter is right, he will be easily spotted wearing Stone's shirt, and if he were to wear Pearl Jam shirt he'll just blend in.
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    sorry to butt in,

but i think thread starter is right, he will be easily spotted wearing Stone's shirt, and if he were to wear Pearl Jam shirt he'll just blend in.

Exactly!
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    sorry to butt in,

maybe there will be lots of imitators and they too will all be wearing their Stones shirts!
  • Options
    maybe there will be lots of imitators and they too will all be wearing their Stones shirts!

But....will they also be enjoying all the pluses and minuses that come with being a big/tall man (See LBJ circa 1963)
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    i'll be wearing the skin tight wham! t-shirt.
  • Options

good comeback :D
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    But....will they also be enjoying all the pluses and minuses that come with being a big/tall man (See LBJ circa 1963)

i hope you aren't taking my antics seriously. im just having a little fun with this thread. i hope you have a great time at the Vic.
  • Options
    ballbag wrote:

ballbag!! by far the best screen name on here! ha ha ha.
  • Options
    i hope you aren't taking my antics seriously. im just having a little fun with this thread. i hope you have a great time at the Vic.

Of course not.....thats why I am coming back with the LBJ reference! Cheers!
  • Options
    ballbag wrote:

Go a few blocks away from the Vic and you will be very well blended in with that attire (see: Boystown)
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:

mmm....big, tall man :) ...sadly i won't be able to see you tomorrow. i'm around 5'7 and maybe its me, but usually i don't see many tall men.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    Can you make me a XXL Black Sleeveless "Keith Richards and the Expensive Winos" TShirt? I will compensate you appropriately.

:D
    is this the symbol?? http://www.tunetribe.com/assets/images/products/210/product_image_209145.jpg

sleeveless, as in muscle shirt? (BTW I don't like money...so it would be the cost of supplies...and a grin at getting a kickass shirt)
  • Options
    :D
    is this the symbol?? http://www.tunetribe.com/assets/images/products/210/product_image_209145.jpg

sleeveless, as in muscle shirt? (BTW I don't like money...so it would be the cost of supplies...and a grin at getting a kickass shirt)

Yes! Thats it.

Thinking a shirt like this:

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/custom-tshirts/jerzee-sleeveless-shirt-dark-extralarge.jpg

I have been looking for one of these for a while!
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    voodoopug wrote:
    the option of the ridiculously loud shirt (see: Tye Dye or Hawaiian).

You should never make fun of Hawaiian or Tie Dye shirts. ;) They used to make up a decent part of my wardrobe. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    i ll be the red headed fuck wearing a mookie blaylock jersey, hope to meet some new peeps!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    i ll be the red headed fuck wearing a mookie blaylock jersey, hope to meet some new peeps!

between ballbag and firecrotch, this thread clearly has the 2 greatest names in all of the message pit!! too funny.
  • Options
    between ballbag and firecrotch, this thread clearly has the 2 greatest names in all of the message pit!! too funny.

agreed, that even beats the pluses and minuses of a Big/Tall Man (see: LBJ circa 1963)