Options

Vic line policy- Lets take shifts.

lawguylawguy Posts: 257
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I plan on going to the Vic around noonish tomorrow. I think a lot of other people are feeling the same. I think it would be in all of our best interests to work together to make sure no one gets too sun burn or heat stroke(It is supposed to be over 100 tomorrow when you factor in the heat index). I think we should set something up where, say there are 50 people in line, then take 5 or 10 at a time to take water breaks or to get into the shade. There is no shade at the Vic unless you happen to be under the marquee. We just rotate all afternoon without people losing their spot in line.

Are people cool with an idea like this? Any thoughts to make it a better situation?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    lawguy wrote:
    I plan on going to the Vic around noonish tomorrow. I think a lot of other people are feeling the same. I think it would be in all of our best interests to work together to make sure no one gets too sun burn or heat stroke(It is supposed to be over 100 tomorrow when you factor in the heat index). I think we should set something up where, say there are 50 people in line, then take 5 or 10 at a time to take water breaks or to get into the shade. There is no shade at the Vic unless you happen to be under the marquee. We just rotate all afternoon without people losing their spot in line.

Are people cool with an idea like this? Any thoughts to make it a better situation?

That would be impossible to organize here as there will be hundreds of people going to the show who don't post here and I imagine they would see this as line jumping.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    I am not saying lets get it set in stone, but it would be a good start. This is like a practice test. If people here are receptive to it, then with some communication we can try to do it tomorrow. It should work if everyone talks to each other.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    you people are crazy. there is NO NEED to stand in line that early. my basement is bigger then that place. no one will have a bad spot.

why wait 8 hours in line to be 4ft closer then the guy who shows up at 6pm ?
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you people are crazy. there is NO NEED to stand in line that early. my basement is bigger then that place. no one will have a bad spot.

I agree, it is best to show up to the AREA early and meet up with fellow fans at a nearby watering hole.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

It does seem a bit excessive. Unless you still need a ticket, then I can see getting there early.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
    Agreed. I'm going to get their at like 6 pm and i'm sure it will work out fine. I'm fortunate enough to be able to get in the door and see the show.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

couldent have said it better myself, you`ll see me pick up the tics at 4, go over to the dark horse, and i`ll see all of my fellow faithful at about 6:30 or so
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    SwiftySwifty Posts: 21
    Same here...tickets around 4-4:30....Dark Horse till 6-6:30...not worried at all. there will not be a bad spot anywhere. either way this will be the closest i have ever been to the band.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    dark horse it is huh ??
  • Options
    Ok, I see everyone's point. I am going to get there around noon and take it from there. If the line is not too big, then I will go to the bar. If it really starts to grow, then I might hop into line.

Why do people want to go to the Dark Horse though? It is 3 or 4 blocks away while the Big City Tap(Big Shitty Tap) is literally across the street. Plus Big City usually has cheap beers. The Dark Horse will sell beers at Wrigleyville prices seeing as there is a Cubs day game.

Also, there is Trader Todds bar. That is on Sheffield. It is owned by Ogre from the Revenge of the Nerds movies.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Bring an umbrella.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    I'll take tomorrow night... 8-10pm.

;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    nordiquenordique Posts: 17
    lawguy wrote:

Also, there is Trader Todds bar. That is on Sheffield. It is owned by Ogre from the Revenge of the Nerds movies.

Not only that, he was Ray Jackson in Bloodsport!

"I heard you can get killed at the Kumite."
    "Only if you fuck up!"
    96: Toronto
    98: Montreal
    00: Toronto, Montreal
    03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC x2, Hershey
    04: Toledo, Grand Rapids
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06: Toronto x2
    07: The Vic, Lolla,
    08: EV Toronto x2
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Noon? Are you people nuts?? Ive been to a bunch of GA shows and getting there early doesn't make a diff... the crowd moves and sways so you can make your way up front if you so desire. And from all the PJ shows I've been to, half the people leave to pee and get beer that movin up further shouldn't be a prob.

Am I crazy? Are PJ fans different than I think?

I was thinking about getting there maybe 6:30/7... we'll prolly get into Chicago around 5pm.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    jlew24asu wrote:

i agree here....its a waste of time to stand in line for a small venue like this....you could be out enjoying your time before the show rather than standing in line

im getting my wristband at 4 and then getting something eat and drink until its time for the doors to open at 7
  • Options
    speaking from past Pearl Jam GA experience....people are VERY cool about people leaving the line for drinks and bathroom and shade at will.
    We look after each other...its our way :D

Great post tho...and I'm soo not looking forward to the heat hehe.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    i still need a ticket. i plan on being down there most of the day. i'm not going to offer any $600 posters or anything, but most of you know my contributions to the PJ community even though i'm not THAT tied in to the pit. please keep me in mind if you hear of anyone bailing.

thanks.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869

Am I crazy? Are PJ fans different than I think?

We are all crazy- especially the shit head who paid 4k for their ticket.

noonish for me as well, just to meet people. Bringing a coooler, an unbrella, some sunscreen, and a dumb ass neon green t-shirt. Oh yeah a bottle to piss in so I can be a piss bottle man too.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    We are all crazy- especially the shit head who paid 4k for their ticket.

Is this a joke? 4K!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't believe some asshole sold it for 4K. And an idiot paid that much. The concert's not gonna be THAT great. It's not like its their last one or something.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    This really is all pretty crazy. But this is the pot calling the kettle black cuz I'm gonna be one of those dumb ass schmucks down there early too trying to get a ticket somehow. I'm not getting there til 5 ish though. I was gonna call in sick to work, but I'd be REALLY pissed if I stood there waiting for 8 hours and STILL didn't get in.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14