Options

consensus pre-show bar?

grungejunkygrungejunky Posts: 49
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
i know the area will have alot of bars being around wrigley. whats the consensus pre show bar around here though? ive read both dark horse and big city tap as likely destinations. dollars beers and pearl jam music and fans are my only pre-req's. just wondering about the rest of you.
the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    i know the area will have alot of bars being around wrigley. whats the consensus pre show bar around here though? ive read both dark horse and big city tap as likely destinations. dollars beers and pearl jam music and fans are my only pre-req's. just wondering about the rest of you.

I like this thread.... and what about post-show bars. Someone from Chicago should pic one... and just let us know!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    yeah im gonna give it a bump. i cant post show cuz i will be leaving early the next morning. still looking to hang out with some good people though.
  • Options
    mhterrapinmhterrapin Posts: 99
    I'm talking to the Dark Horse today about a post show deal, something like $15 for 2 hours of all you can drink draft beer. I'll post again later today when I get more info...(if more people would rather do the $1 thing, they'd probably do that for a specific domestic beer, but they have more choices if we want to go the other route)

They will have tons of PJ tunes on hand, before and after the show. I'm working on coming up with any other PJ related ideas, it's such a great bar and they would love to have the fans come and hang out. PM me if you have any suggestions or ideas!
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    mhterrapin wrote:
    I'm talking to the Dark Horse today about a post show deal, something like $15 for 2 hours of all you can drink draft beer. I'll post again later today when I get more info...(if more people would rather do the $1 thing, they'd probably do that for a specific domestic beer, but they have more choices if we want to go the other route)

They will have tons of PJ tunes on hand, before and after the show. I'm working on coming up with any other PJ related ideas, it's such a great bar and they would love to have the fans come and hang out. PM me if you have any suggestions or ideas!

this sounds like the destination for me. where is it in conjunction to the vic?
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    mhterrapinmhterrapin Posts: 99
    the Dark Horse is about 2 blocks north of the Vic....At the corner of Sheffield and Newport. It's at 3443 N. Sheffield Ave.
  • Options
    its starting to sound more and more like my destination. might be going to a cubs game too. gonna be a great trip. anybody else who is coming jump on this thread. and keep us up to date on whats going on around the vic before the show.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    There is a pretty good discussion about this in this thread:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=251947

Don't know if a real consensus has been reached yet though.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    good thread. i'd like to make an appearance
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    jlew24asu wrote:
    good thread. i'd like to make an appearance

me as well?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    mhterrapin wrote:

This sounds like a good idea... you can count me in. And if my PJ buddy and I don't actually get in to the show... we'll head over and get the place warmed up! (Warmed up = being depressed and getting stinking drunk)
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    bump. so it appears that dark horse is taking the lead for the pearl jam rendezvous. any more opinions?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    bump. so it appears that dark horse is taking the lead for the pearl jam rendezvous. any more opinions?

Sounds like its Dark Horse (better place and deal) or Big City (location).....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2