NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I struggled with episode one.  Creepy as fuck.
    episode 2 goes back to his childhood...still creepy
    Not sounding enticing to me.  :lol:   I like the true crime stuff but the tone of this one just creeps me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I like the route they took with Dahmer, focusing on victims and all the BS from the cops, as well as Dahmer and his relationship with his dad. I binged the whole thing - it was very good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited September 2022
    Is that Sins of our Mother doc any good?

Edit--watched it with the wife last night. Worth the few hours. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Saw a few episodes of the IT Crowd over the weekend while visiting a friend. It was ok, typical British comedy. Would have to watch a few more to get the full effect I think.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

:lol: that was one of the episodes i did see.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    PJ_Soul said:
    I like the route they took with Dahmer, focusing on victims and all the BS from the cops, as well as Dahmer and his relationship with his dad. I binged the whole thing - it was very good.
    we finished ep5 last night....so halfway through

Very good series. It jumps around so you really have to pay attention but it is done very well.

Like a lot of these things it is amazing how many times the police were involved with this guy prior to him getting caught. At least two situations where people had accused him of drugging them and the police were unable to do anything.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    ECHOES 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 
    you know...I was thinking about this last night as my wife and I were watching Dahmer. Why do we glofiry serial killers like this? To the point he's almost a sympathetic character. My wife actually said at one point "I kind of feel bad for him". Obviously not in the bigger context, just at that one point in the series. 

I don't think I'm going to continue watching it. I don't need to see...

a person making out with a saran wrapped severed head

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 
    you know...I was thinking about this last night as my wife and I were watching Dahmer. Why do we glofiry serial killers like this? To the point he's almost a sympathetic character. My wife actually said at one point "I kind of feel bad for him". Obviously not in the bigger context, just at that one point in the series. 

I'm really into true crime. I want to know what is out there....it's a sick fucking world.

I will say that TikTok is full of clips of Dahmer interviews now. If you look some of them up you would have a hard time believing that this person could do such things. He said himself that what he did was very sick and that he wished they would have caught him early.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The Netflix empire seems to be built on the blood, sweat, and tears......of serial killers and Nazis. It's a one-stop shop for all the serial killer and Hitler/WW2 content you can ask for. 

No I get what your wife is trying to say. I just watched episode 3 which showed his childhood and teenage years. When you look at the real Jeffrey Dahmer, the one you see being interviewed by Stone Phillips in the 90's, you don't have any sympathy for him no matter what his childhood was like because of what he did. But in a fictionalized telling of his story, where he's a character being written for by TV writers, he could come off sympathetic. There's a scene where he awkwardly asks a classmate to come over and dissect a pig with him. The classmate gives a look of disgust and says "fuck no." In that scene, there's a feeling of "poor guy." In a fictionalized version of this, where he's just a character, he can come off like an anti-hero of sorts. Like Deadpool or something.

I feel bad for the victims' families. To have this come back and have their deceased family members portrayed by actors in death scenes. I know this isn't the first show of it's kind (there's been previous fictionalized Dahmer shows as well as Gacy and even a recent Ted Bundy one). Maybe if people could create characters like they used to, they wouldn't have to reboot old movies or depend of guys like Dahmer for source material. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    that looks good

I'm really into true crime. I want to know what is out there....it's a sick fucking world.

I will say that TikTok is full of clips of Dahmer interviews now. If you look some of them up you would have a hard time believing that this person could do such things. He said himself that what he did was very sick and that he wished they would have caught him early.

I'm a huge true crime fan. Indeed it is a sick fucking... and I'm not compelled to avoid it, from a distance. I also just find true crime really informative. Educational, really. It's amazing the things that happen behind the scenes in the police investigation and criminal justice system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    23scidoo said:
    that looks good

It is good... slow burn though.
    edited October 2022
    I'm in the middle of The Watchers.... It's so good!!! Addictive as all get out. I'm on episode 4. (anyone else LOVE Naomi Watts? I adore her!! I have ever since The Ring. I am eager to watch absolutely anything she's in)
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm in the middle of The Watchers.... It's so good!!! Addictive as all get out. I'm on episode 4. (anyone else LOVE Naomi Watts? I adore her!! I have ever since The Ring. I am eager to watch absolutely anything she's in)
    Falling love with her on Mulholland Drive..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

PJ_Soul said:
    Same....I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but we are four episodes in and it's interesting

we have one episode of The Watchers to go. The last couple episodes turned from thriller to whodunit. But only one to go. Hopefully it's not a let down. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We're starting the Watchers tonight
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited October 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    responded to the wrong post
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2022
    I'm enjoying watch The Watcher on Netflix too.
    we have one episode of The Watchers to go. The last couple episodes turned from thriller to whodunit. But only one to go. Hopefully it's not a let down. 
    yeah I kind of got that vibe...we'll see how it wraps up

I'm hoping it's not like some horror movies that are great for 90 minutes and then stupid as hell for the last 15

edited October 2022
    I got 2 more more Watchers to go. Creepy as fuck. 

Lots of great actors in it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I heard they originally did the pilot for The Watcher set in Florida. But no one thought anything of it so they had to reset it in New York.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Man I'm 3 or 4 episodes in (can't remember honestly because they're all blurring) and I hate to piss on peoples Cheerios but I'm out. I've completely lost interest in this show.

I knew the actual story about the house in Jersey, and figured for it to be a series that it would have to go far beyond what actually happened - but I'm sorry it sucks. I enjoy a slow burn but this is wayyyy too slow.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

yeah I kind of got that vibe...we'll see how it wraps up

I'm hoping it's not like some horror movies that are great for 90 minutes and then stupid as hell for the last 15
    Unfortunately that's how it ended up...I really don't understand how a director can watch his own work and let it end like a complete piece of shit

Man I'm 3 or 4 episodes in (can't remember honestly because they're all blurring) and I hate to piss on peoples Cheerios but I'm out. I've completely lost interest in this show.

I knew the actual story about the house in Jersey, and figured for it to be a series that it would have to go far beyond what actually happened - but I'm sorry it sucks. I enjoy a slow burn but this is wayyyy too slow.
    It is not a great show by any means but I've found it entertaining, albeit a bit slow at times. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the last 3 espisodes were terrible. ending was garbage. too bad. was a very good start. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the last 3 espisodes were terrible. ending was garbage. too bad. was a very good start. 
    Oh no. I got two left. I thought the last one was alright though...

chinese-happy.jpg