cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    The new album is thus far a lot less awesome than the previous 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    edited October 2022
    Third listen in and have a few favourite tracks at this very early point

Tippa My Tongue
    Reach Out …there is something in the vocal at one point that reminds me of, wait for it, Parasite by Kiss, on Kiss Alive! 
    Eddie
    Fake as F@&$
    Roulette
    Afterlife
    Shoot Me a Smile
    Bag of Grins…my early favourite for sure
    Carry Me Home 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    So far I’d have to agree! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    I’m loving this album. I will never listen to La La La, my least favorite of the whole session. My Cigarette and In the Snow will get played minimally, I have to be in a specific mood. Out of everything else I think Roulette is one I’m not completely into. Not a bad song, just the least interesting out of the other ones with no real standout parts imo. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m loving this album. I will never listen to La La La, my least favorite of the whole session. My Cigarette and In the Snow will get played minimally, I have to be in a specific mood. Out of everything else I think Roulette is one I’m not completely into. Not a bad song, just the least interesting out of the other ones with no real standout parts imo. 
    Yeah we have expect that out of all these songs both albums combined we would get filler songs! But still impressed with the output from the band at this stage in their careers! 
  • Options
    I’m still pumped for them to tour again next year over any other band! 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah we have expect that out of all these songs both albums combined we would get filler songs! But still impressed with the output from the band at this stage in their careers! 
    Out of 36 songs, not bad to have only a few skips for me. Incredible output!!! It is funny though because my wife LOVES my cigarette and I’ve read A lot of people love In the Snow and I’ve seen love here for Roulette. So my least favorite is someone’s else’s favorite. I love that they released everything because everyone has different taste. 

Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Out of 36 songs, not bad to have only a few skips for me. Incredible output!!! 
    Agreed! Even our beloved PJ has never ventured into this kind of output, to just get into a writing session and come out with over 30 songs for release we’ve heard of them doing it but they just never release them in this short of time frame! 
  • Options
    Man Carry Me Home is fuckin awesome. The moment the music drops out and it’s just AK and Flea… then kicks back in with that killer solo….. sick. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Yes I would love to catch them. Missed out on my only chance previously due to having to attend a wedding. :(
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Yes I would love to catch them. Missed out on my only chance previously due to having to attend a wedding. :(
    Yeah I passed on them this summer they played that gigantic Giants stadium! I’m hoping that they do an arena tour keeping fingers crossed otherwise I might have to bite the bullet and attend a stadium show! 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,384
    Much prefer Return of the Dream Canteen compared to Unlimited Love. Handful is my favorite on first listen.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Much prefer Return of the Dream Canteen compared to Unlimited Love. Handful is my favorite on first listen.
    I feel like so much ground and styles were covered across these two albums. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,384
    nicknyr15 said:
    I feel like so much ground and styles were covered across these two albums. 
    Yeah I like both. Just prefer how this is less wordy
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    they've been here 3 times. Caught them the first time (Stadium Arcadium tour) and missed the last two, for no reason at all. Shame on me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Mikemzl91 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m STILL pumping UL. This is unbelievable news. My excitement is sky high. Any track list? 

Curious where this image is from. The track list is very different. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Love the new record! More mellow, great companion to UL. Going to throw them both into one playlist and jam this week! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Love the new record! More mellow, great companion to UL. Going to throw them both into one playlist and jam this week! 
    I did the same last night! Threw them both in a playlist and hit shuffle. Awesome stuff. 

I also heard the shape I’m taking yesterday and it’s pretty great honestly. Looking forward to them releasing it officially in the US. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    Like most albums if you spin it more than a few times you’ll like it more and more. As already mentioned, the body of work this year from these guys is amazing. You could argue that Dream Canteen is a track or two too long, maybe has a couple of filler tracks but overall it’s a very good album. 

I’d love to know the thinking behind the track lists for both UL and DC. Maybe it was obvious to them, maybe it was hard, working out which songs would go on each album. Assuming the songs were all finished before UL was released? (I haven’t looked into that). 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I like Eddie & The Drummer a lot. 
  • Options
    Like most albums if you spin it more than a few times you’ll like it more and more. As already mentioned, the body of work this year from these guys is amazing. You could argue that Dream Canteen is a track or two too long, maybe has a couple of filler tracks but overall it’s a very good album. 

I’d love to know the thinking behind the track lists for both UL and DC. Maybe it was obvious to them, maybe it was hard, working out which songs would go on each album. Assuming the songs were all finished before UL was released? (I haven’t looked into that). 
    Me too. I’d be interested to know the conversation between the track lists. I think they did an impeccable job splitting the albums. 

Carry Me Home is currently giving me goosebumps. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,818
    Off topic of the new album, but why did I never realize that "I'm Beside You" was released as a full 2LP set for a RSD? I remember the 7" set, but not the 2LP. DAMN! Who wants to sell me one?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Yesterday on drive home from work listened from beginning to afterlife really liked all the songs they flowed really well together! Today I’ll listen from that song till end to see how they tie in the whole album together! 
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited October 2022
    @nicknyr15 Got that from a lier on facebook. Haha. 

Tour continues at Vive Latino Festival in Mexico on March 19/20th.

Edit: They are filling in for rage against the machine. 
    Post edited by Mikemzl91 on
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    Mikemzl91 said:

any other dates?
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    mikesbri said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

any other dates?
    No just this for now. Certainly South America/Mexico dates on the horizon, I think we get these dates before Thanksgiving. Which is just a guess. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    agreed....still good but UL is better....of course my opinion might change as I listen more
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Both albums have taken awhile to grow on me, but they're both great. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    UL was an instanat love. Canteen is growing, but it also might be suffering from material overkill. I LOVE that they are putting out this much material, but it's hard to digest and separate all the songs. I'll have to do a headphone deep dive this weekend. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,833
    My Canteen arrived yesterday. I got the baby pink variant. I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but will get to it shortly.