The National Football League

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.
    Such a bad look for the NFL and Dolphins.
    You had the doctor who discovered CTE, Bennet Omalu, saying earlier in the week Tua should not have gone back into the Bills game, and then you had Chris Nowinski (director of Boston University School of medicine CTE Center) tweeting before the game last night "If Tua takes the field tonight, it's a massive step back for concussion care in the NFL. If he has a 2nd concussion that destroys his season or career, everyone involved will be sued & should lose their jobs, coaches included. We all saw it, even they must know this isn't right "

Pretty much everybody thinks Tua was concussed last Sunday. To trot him out again 4 days later is just beyond irresponsible.
    Plus this is another reason why these Thursday games are bullshit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.
    You had the doctor who discovered CTE, Bennet Omalu, saying earlier in the week Tua should not have gone back into the Bills game, and then you had Chris Nowinski (director of Boston University School of medicine CTE Center) tweeting before the game last night "If Tua takes the field tonight, it's a massive step back for concussion care in the NFL. If he has a 2nd concussion that destroys his season or career, everyone involved will be sued & should lose their jobs, coaches included. We all saw it, even they must know this isn't right "

Pretty much everybody thinks Tua was concussed last Sunday. To trot him out again 4 days later is just beyond irresponsible.
    Yes.  Get rid of these Thursday games.  I can't remember the last time I watched one.

I still find it hard to believe that they can't concoct a schedule where you have a bye before a Thursday game?  I'm pretty sure I can do one in Excel for them if they want...
  • Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Yes.  Get rid of these Thursday games.  I can't remember the last time I watched one.

I still find it hard to believe that they can't concoct a schedule where you have a bye before a Thursday game?  I'm pretty sure I can do one in Excel for them if they want...

this right here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 
    I wonder what the ratings are so far on Prime. I've only watched some of the first halves the last few weeks. It's annoying to jump from one streaming service to another.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Too late for me on any if the night games.  If my favorite team is playing I may watch first half but 345am comes too soon to screw around with football 3 nights a week.

I would be fine with watching on Amazon if the games started when I could actually watch them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    a lot of times I think people go overboard on their outrage over things the NFL does but in the Tua case every single thing about this is abhorrent.  How he was allowed back last week and then play 4 days later?  The doctor(s) who cleared him need to face scrutiny in this. what a disgrace.  I hope like hell Tua doesn't end up like an Eric Lindros where this ruins his career and/or gives him long term affects.  

The Thursday night games after playing on Sunday are just torture on the players. No one likes it except tv.  The games usually suck too.  the Amazon Prime thing blows too.  The picture on prime sucks and that fact I can't easily switch to other channels on this streaming services sucks.  

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    how much of protocol is dependent on player responses etc....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited September 2022
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 
    I wonder what the ratings are so far on Prime. I've only watched some of the first halves the last few weeks. It's annoying to jump from one streaming service to another.

Haven't watched a single snap on Amazon yet. My wife has Prime, but our smart TV isn't all that smart... we can only get Prime on our ipad. 

Truth be told in recent years I don't put on TNF or MNF unless my team is playing, and that was when it was on regular ass cable, never mind a streaming service. I just don't care enough about it. 

Some Bruins games were streaming on Hulu last season as well, but I couldn't be bothered. If it wasn't on regular cable, I just wouldn't watch. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 

Haven't watched a single snap on Amazon yet. My wife has Prime, but our smart TV isn't all that smart... we can only get Prime on our ipad. 

Truth be told in recent years I don't put on TNF or MNF unless my team is playing, and that was when it was on regular ass cable, never mind a streaming service. I just don't care enough about it. 

Some Bruins games were streaming on Hulu last season as well, but I couldn't be bothered. If it wasn't on regular cable, I just wouldn't watch. 
     I had the same issue. No problem watching on the macbook, but our 5 year old LG smart TV was terrible.

Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 

I had the same issue. No problem watching on the macbook, but our 5 year old LG smart TV was terrible.

Yeah I have an issue with my older tv and prime up in my bedroom. That's why I've only seen the first halves before going up there. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 

Yeah I have an issue with my older tv and prime up in my bedroom. That's why I've only seen the first halves before going up there. lol
    Sort of glad to hear its not just me LOL but sorry you are having the same problem!
    edited September 2022
    Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    Hope Tua is OK.

Profit > people.

It's the American way. 

Ours is a Samsung, but similar age, maybe 6 or 7 years... can't get Disney+ on it either, have to use my PS4 for that. I know I could use my PS4 for Amazon Prime if I wanted to get my wife's login info, but I just don't care enough about TNF to bother. (might do it for the LOTR series though)

Same thing for the Bruins on Hulu... I think I technically have Hulu through my Disney package, but I don't care enough to watch a regular season weeknight Bruins game to bother setting it up. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    My stream has been great for the Thursday night games through my fire stick.  I've always found that streaming directly through the Smart TVs without any device doesn't work very well....spending the $30-40 for a fire stick for each TV is well worth and the stream quality is great.  I also have youtube TV so I need some sort of device on every TV anyways...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    My stream has been great for the Thursday night games through my fire stick.  I've always found that streaming directly through the Smart TVs without any device doesn't work very well....spending the $30-40 for a fire stick for each TV is well worth and the stream quality is great.  I also have youtube TV so I need some sort of device on every TV anyways...
    I do the same thing with firesticks and the games on prime have been fine
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    What’s up with last nights crew praising f dolphins coach & his “ personality” prior to all Tua stuff

guy talks

i cringe… 
    edited September 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    What’s up with last nights crew praising f dolphins coach & his “ personality” prior to all Tua stuff

guy talks

i cringe… 
    He's fun and gives the media good sound bites making their jobs easier. They love coaches like that. 
  • I’ve found that Amazon Prime works better streaming these live games in on the Amazon Firestick (not surprisingly I guess) than on my Samsung smart TV. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Roku for streaming fellers.  It's easy.
    Roku for streaming fellers.  It's easy.
    I think my issues might also relate to the fact that there are 3 other people in the house using at least 2 devices each. I will check it out.  
  • Get_Right said:
    I think my issues might also relate to the fact that there are 3 other people in the house using at least 2 devices each. I will check it out.  
    Ahhh, then you might need to up the bandwidth
    Get_Right said:
    Ahhh, then you might need to up the bandwidth
    We have the max available. It is what it is.  Cost of being a dad with two teenagers who have the miraculous talent of being able to chat, stream and do homework at the same time! Internet works great until 4 pm!   =)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:

guy talks

i cringe… 
    He's fun and gives the media good sound bites making their jobs easier. They love coaches like that. 
    Ok… I guess I gotta dig deeper. Explaining how he doesn’t put players at risk didn’t go smoothly imo
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    all this firestick, roku, etc. talk? 

IT’S THE FUCKING NFL….IT OUGHT TO BE ON NETWORK!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

Which channel? 6, 10 or 12?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Wobbie said:

Cmon gramps, people stream more than watch network these days!
    ;)

Wobbie said:

;)

Because people are stupid.  We have the best pictures in tv’s today and the younger generations watch on lap tops, phones or stream through the tv which lessen the picture quality.  It doesn’t make sense.  But hey they pay for ten different streaming services instead of paying Comcast so it makes them feel good about themselves 
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

;)

Because people are stupid.  We have the best pictures in tv’s today and the younger generations watch on lap tops, phones or stream through the tv which lessen the picture quality.  It doesn’t make sense.  But hey they pay for ten different streaming services instead of paying Comcast so it makes them feel good about themselves 
    I'm old, also, but streaming services have very positively impacted TV, imo.  Networks were boring and lazy.
    I only keep Comcast for sports and local news but I know I can get without it but my wife won't support cutting the cord.
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

;)

I'm old, also, but streaming services have very positively impacted TV, imo.  Networks were boring and lazy.
    I only keep Comcast for sports and local news but I know I can get without it but my wife won't support cutting the cord.
    Content yes picture quality not so much.  Don’t even get me started on I can’t change the channel easily when streaming
    Channel changing, you have an absolute point. 

Maybe I am lucky, our streaming is good.  Actually the cable boxes have as many or more issues.