Options

Best Ed Quotes

RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed says some funny shit in between songs at concerts. Post some of the funny ones that you remember.

Ed said "i dedicate this song to Dick Chaney" then he played Glorified G.
"Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "This is George Bush's favourite song"

Fuckin' Up.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    RockMan wrote:
    Ed says some funny shit in between songs at concerts. Post some of the funny ones that you remember.

Ed said "i dedicate this song to Dick Chaney" then he played Glorified G.

"We'd like to dedicate, uh, uh, this next one, uh, to our, mentor, uh, Dick Cheney" - Right before Glorified G :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    "Power to the people man.... The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking that we're too stupid to notice what they're doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiators and American .... blowjob, buttfuck, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who's going to get a blowjob tonight? What American's going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the fucking TV, I don't know. I digress."
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    "pull out, pull out!!"

eddies story of Bush fucking away in his dream at leeds

or on the VFc 2004 about how people who don't know who to vote for are the same as people with mullets, they don't know what they want!lol

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    This is, uh, a song we, uh, this is a song by uh, a guy we call Uncle Neil.... and uh, it's all about bein' number one (Fuckin' Up riff starts)... dedicated to our president (bass kicks in)...our vice president (Second guitar starts).... and our secretary of defense (drums start) ...waaaaaaaghhhh~
    _______

I was watching this TV show last night here in London about the sewage trouble you guys had back in the day ... the point being, you've had a lot of shit here for a long, long time--and just finally you're dealing with it
    _______

We're gonna finish the show with ukeleles tonight.. we'll start with a few acoustic numbers and then it's on to heavy metal hits of the seventies (plays Iron Man riff on uke)
    _______

We'd like to thank... uh.. we don't... uh... we don't have to thank any sponsors... there we're no f*ckin sponsors...
    _______

There are these two girls flashing their tits, it's making it hard to concentrate
    _______

I would speak more, but uh, my English is not very good
    _______
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    A classic:
    "You know there's some little coquette up here who thinks she's getting us excited by pulling her top up and showing me absolutely nothing. Hey look guys ... look at my mosquito bites from this summer. It's all fucking girls gone wild bullshit. If every girl who pulled her top up educated herself and voted! And by the way, little lady, I'm just not turned on by that little thing. I'm into much harder core stuff. I actually like to shit on little girls heads just like you; that's what turns me on,"
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    At Las Vegas 2000 after MFC ... Ed is talking about the getting a tape of music and writing the lyrics Once, Alive and Footsteps then he says "I just wanna thank Stone and Jeff for realizing a great talent when they heard one ..."

To which Stone goes "Did he really just say that?"
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ReleasH wrote:
    At Las Vegas 2000 after MFC ... Ed is talking about the getting a tape of music and writing the lyrics Once, Alive and Footsteps then he says "I just wanna thank Stone and Jeff for realizing a great talent when they heard one ..."

To which Stone goes "Did he really just say that?"
    :eek:...how many bottles of wine was he on?
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    :eek:...how many bottles of wine was he on?

he's got a point though... :D:D
    drifting around, figuring it out as i go along...
  • Options
    _______

I would speak more, but uh, my English is not very good
    _______

:D:D:D LOL :D:D:D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.