2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Ime Udoka being suspended for a year is one of the stupidest sports disciplinary actions I've ever seen. 
    He did date someone under him.
  • Ime Udoka being suspended for a year is one of the stupidest sports disciplinary actions I've ever seen. 
    So what? It's not like he coerced her into it, promised advancement in the organization for doing it, threatened her if she wouldn't do it, or paid her hush money like Vince McMahon. Any of those things would be different. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    So what? It's not like he coerced her into it, promised advancement in the organization for doing it, threatened her if she wouldn't do it, or paid her hush money like Vince McMahon. Any of those things would be different. 
    It may be stupid but it is a rule in pretty much every company.  If you work for someone ask HR about it and see what they say.
    It may be stupid but it is a rule in pretty much every company.  If you work for someone ask HR about it and see what they say.
    Okay as long as you agree it's stupid. But no, I'm not going to go ask HR about it. Michael and Jan having to disclose their relationship to Toby is already proof enough. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Okay as long as you agree it's stupid. But no, I'm not going to go ask HR about it. Michael and Jan having to disclose their relationship to Toby is already proof enough. 
    lol, It can be viewed as an abuse of power.

Funny thing I remember was Phil Jackson dating Jinny Bus.  Nothing happened to either of them...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2022
    Ime Udoka being suspended for a year is one of the stupidest sports disciplinary actions I've ever seen. 

Funny thing I remember was Phil Jackson dating Jinny Bus.  Nothing happened to either of them...
    Yeah but in situation, the woman is the higher-ranking person within the organization. So I guess that's okay? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Yeah but in situation, the woman is the higher-ranking person within the organization. So I guess that's okay? 
    I don't think either one was getting a higher position, lol.  Jinny was GM and Phil was coach and at that time Phil wasn't planning on being a GM.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2022
    I'm just saying that because you brought up "dating someone under him" regarding Udoka. Phil was under Jeanie (not Jinny). 

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • I'm just saying that because you brought up "dating someone under him."  Phil was under Jeanie (not Jinny, lol). 

I like to say Jinny as if I know her so stop it.

Again, I don't think those two positions would fall under the rules?  It's not like one was a secretary or trainer.  It's the only thing I can think of when no one was reprimanded or the NBA is under a bigger microscope now.
  • I'm just saying that because you brought up "dating someone under him."  Phil was under Jeanie (not Jinny, lol). 

I like to say Jinny as if I know her so stop it.

Again, I don't think those two positions would fall under the rules?  It's not like one was a secretary or trainer.  It's the only thing I can think of when no one was reprimanded or the NBA is under a bigger microscope now.
    Likely the latter considering some recent scandals like the Mavericks. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Ime Udoka being suspended for a year is one of the stupidest sports disciplinary actions I've ever seen. 
    If she didn't have him sign that love contract, though, they both would've been fired....
    chinese-happy.jpg

I guess that will be in season 30 of Winning Time!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    “As far as this season goes, nobody knows. Save your predictions, burn your assumptions,” Presti added. “You have to let the season play out. I’ve done this for 20-something years now. Predicting the future is not in our wheelhouse. It’s not just your season that you’re predicting, but 29 other teams too.”
    Season 15 in OKC – The Journey Continues
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    “As far as this season goes, nobody knows. Save your predictions, burn your assumptions,” Presti added. “You have to let the season play out. I’ve done this for 20-something years now. Predicting the future is not in our wheelhouse. It’s not just your season that you’re predicting, but 29 other teams too.”
    I am now a Sam Presti fan. Casually tossing in a Dance of the Clairvoyants line. Who does that? That's fantastic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Pap said:
    You know what I predict?  Another Warriors championship if everyone is healthy.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The France freak!!

https://youtu.be/mi8sPCqQXQA
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Yeah that kid is gonna be great. Commence the tanking...of which nobody will mind much since it's not happening in Philadelphia. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Since when did the G League allow under 19 players?  Man I need to dig into this more.
    Since when did the G League allow under 19 players?  Man I need to dig into this more.
    Yeah I was confused by that too. I think it may have started a few years back?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    They changed that rule 2-3 years ago I believe when added the G-League Ignite team.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    G League allowed 18 year olds to play starting when the NBA instituted the rule that you had to be 19 to be eligible for the draft.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Yeah that kid is gonna be great. Commence the tanking...of which nobody will mind much since it's not happening in Philadelphia. lol

my ESPN shows (yes, juggler, ESPN shows :lol:) said "the jazz have already started."

fuck danny ainge.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

my ESPN shows (yes, juggler, ESPN shows :lol:) said "the jazz have already started."

fuck danny ainge.
    Definitely will make for some interesting trades this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • G League allowed 18 year olds to play starting when the NBA instituted the rule that you had to be 19 to be eligible for the draft.
    That's smart considering all the talent was going overseas to play for a year.

Makes sense.  I might take up more interest in the G league now.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    G League allowed 18 year olds to play starting when the NBA instituted the rule that you had to be 19 to be eligible for the draft.

The G league put that rule into effect in 2006, but it wasn't really a viable option at that time. It only became a viable option when they started the Ignite team and added the select contracts a couple years ago. Before that, players could only make something like $30K per year. A kid would have done much better overseas or going to college with the under the table deals.
  • G League allowed 18 year olds to play starting when the NBA instituted the rule that you had to be 19 to be eligible for the draft.

The G league put that rule into effect in 2006, but it wasn't really a viable option at that time. It only became a viable option when they started the Ignite team and added the select contracts a couple years ago. Before that, players could only make something like $30K per year. A kid would have done much better overseas or going to college with the under the table deals.
    Yeah I don't recall anyone wanting to do the G league at all.  Brandon Jennings was the hot name in 07 or so and he went and played overseas.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtube.com/shorts/KM1q5ZqKgp4?feature=share
    Somtimes a blast from the past is really fun.
    This guy MJ spoiled the heck out of a lot of us 🏀 
  • RYME said:
    Took me a minute but he is wearing the Jordan 2's so that puts this in 1987.  Wow.
    RYME said:
    Took me a minute but he is wearing the Jordan 2's so that puts this in 1987.  Wow.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • RYME said:

I didn't notice that was there until you posted...  How observant, lol.  I was so focused on his shoes I missed it, lol!