Alice in Chains - Dirt - 30th Anniversary Vinyl

13»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    GlowGirl said:
    Walmart accidentally sent me out the black vinyl instead of the red. I called and they are sending out the red next week. They said I could keep the black one as well. 
    Score! Still trying to figure out if I really need another pressing.

OF COURSE YOU DO(n't)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirl said:
    Walmart accidentally sent me out the black vinyl instead of the red. I called and they are sending out the red next week. They said I could keep the black one as well. 
    Me too… I would if it improves upon the MoV pressing… no feedback yet 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Just got my red one today. They sent it fedex. So that was fast. 
    GlowGirl said:

from memory of mov , my black reissue is comparable. I hear no noise, vinyl looks clean.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

from memory of mov , my black reissue is comparable. I hear no noise, vinyl looks clean.
    So they pressed some at MPO and some at United and you can’t tell which one is which. The Euro pressing is done by GZ.  What a shitshow 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    What a bummer of a release.  My copy from Amazon on black vinyl plays, but has a pretty warp on disc 1, not as bad on disc 2.  Looks like they both go into my Vinyl Flat.  The sound is decent, I'm getting some sibilance in parts, almost like low amounts of distortion. This is my only vinyl copy of the album, so I guess I'll hold on to it.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited September 2022
    What a bummer of a release.  My copy from Amazon on black vinyl plays, but has a pretty warp on disc 1, not as bad on disc 2.  Looks like they both go into my Vinyl Flat.  The sound is decent, I'm getting some sibilance in parts, almost like low amounts of distortion. This is my only vinyl copy of the album, so I guess I'll hold on to it.
    Amazon is the one place I don’t care one bit about returns. I think I did 3 on the black gatefold unlimited love. 

With an independent shop I’ll put up with less than stellar copies as I feel bad making them eat the cost

anazon isn’t worth 4 hours of my time in the vinyl flat. To do two records and let them cool. That’s just me though 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    It's actually going back. I just got to Rooster with visual and audible ticks and pops, through the second half of the song.
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    It's actually going back. I just got to Rooster with visual and audible ticks and pops, through the second half of the song.

curious, who pressed it?

• mickeyrat said:

curious, who pressed it?
    I think we know the answer 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited September 2022
    It was pressed at several different plants. 

The red is a DMM pressed at CZ in Memphis. The black is MPO. The Yellow at the actual CZ. The orange was United. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    edited September 2022
    I got the red. And I have the MOV. This new pressing is marginally better IMO. It’s flat quiet, but the cut is just fine.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    My pressing has WG in the dead wax for Wes Garland, I believe pressed at United.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Sounds like all the records are the same source, but there are 4 different cuts. But none is heads and tails better than the rest. Seems like the MPO black press is the highest quality of the bunch, but its not gonna knock your socks off.

The mid range on this is better than the MOV. Sounds like theres better separation of the instruments. and its a touch louder than the MOV. 

I'd say, its fine to upgrade, but you won't be blown away by this. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Red LP's arrived and sound fantastic
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Sony needs to get more chill about letting master tapes go out for mastering. 
  • Sounds like all the records are the same source, but there are 4 different cuts. But none is heads and tails better than the rest. Seems like the MPO black press is the highest quality of the bunch, but its not gonna knock your socks off.

The mid range on this is better than the MOV. Sounds like theres better separation of the instruments. and its a touch louder than the MOV. 

I'd say, its fine to upgrade, but you won't be blown away by this. 
    Thanks for this. 
    I got the black MPO one, but also just got the red one since Walmart sent me the black by mistake. They were quick to send out the red one after I called to let them know they originally sent me the wrong one.
    edited September 2022
    To be clear, the black they sent was the MPO pressing?

To be clear, the black they sent was the MPO pressing?

Yes. The black they sent me is the MPO pressing according to Discogs.