2023 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League

Comments

• Ha.
    Suck it!
    Lol, it was a degenerate comment, for a degenerate league  ;)
  • The computer picked my team and did a horrible job apparently, lol.

I picked Cedric Mullins in another league I was in and boy did he play out his ass last year!  This year I thought he would break out but nope, slow going to where he is.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Ha.
    Suck it!
    Lol, it was a degenerate comment, for a degenerate league  ;)

Of course!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    edited September 2022
    Just checking in. Slow week for the regular season champ.
    I know the slow feeling of being on a bye. Maybe ill see you in 2 weeks…

buahaha
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    shit, this sucks. I'll just have to win the football degenerate league now I suppose :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

buahaha
    A coin flip match up this week, good luck today.  Feel like I won pitching, you won hitting.  Where will we land at days end?
  • Things are not looking good for the regular season champ. Need a massive day today.
    Things are not looking good for the regular season champ. Need a massive day today.
    Regular season championship isn't a thing, I told you that.  :lol:    like the teams that hang division champ banners.  🏆 
    Good luck today, hope you can get the comeback

• Just checking in. Slow week for the regular season champ.

buahaha
    A coin flip match up this week, good luck today.  Feel like I won pitching, you won hitting.  Where will we land at days end?
    Just seeing this. Wow. Literal last second tie with a late SB and hit. Got excited then looked at tiebreaker rule. Buzz kill.

buahaha
    Just seeing this. Wow. Literal last second tie with a late SB and hit. Got excited then looked at tiebreaker rule. Buzz kill.
    Great battle.
    I like that we settle it between ourselves.  :)  (of course, since I won our h2h matchups!)

buahaha
    Great battle.
    I like that we settle it between ourselves.  :)  (of course, since I won our h2h matchups!)
    Good luck in the championship bro.

buahaha
    Great battle.
    I'm only sorry it won't be vs. the Regular Season Champ.  ;)  
    Thanks!
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Hey fellas, 

I’m not on here as much I’d like, but I felt compelled to reach out tonight. Excuse me in advance for the length of this post. 

By way of background, my first show was in 1992, and I’ve been a member of this league for somewhere in the range of 5 years. I was hoping to keep this off the boards, but after making multiple attempts to contact and resolve this issue with our commish (F Me/Brett), this seems to be the only option. 

The issue is: I made two add/drops late Friday night as I was nodding off to sleep. I thought I was in my other league (PJ Poster League 1B) which ends today. The two players I dropped were pitchers who I drafted and kept all year (Bieber and Berrios). I would have never dropped them if there was another week of play. 

I immediately felt sick to my stomach and I emailed Brett immediately to notify him of the honest mistake. 

When I woke up on Saturday morning I felt worse, so I sent an email to the whole league. By Saturday night I hadn’t heard anything from Brett, so I told him I would not be starting the added players on Sunday as a gesture of good faith (since, in my view, they shouldn’t have been on my team). 

He made a few replies after that, expressing his hatred of streaming, but not addressing the issue. I told him I didn’t understand why streaming was relevant and asked him to initiate a league vote. He has not responded to this request.

As it stands, I am now facing Brett in the final.

There are essentially two options: 

1) reverse the two add/drops; or 

2) Brett will add one or both of the players on waivers (I can’t add them until they clear waivers) and use them against me.

As I told him earlier, it doesn’t sit right with me that the person who benefits most from my innocent mistake has the power to make this decision alone. I really think this should be put to a league vote.

Am I an idiot for making this mistake? 100% 
    But I’ve been playing fantasy sports for over 25 years (I’m in PJ baseball, football, and hockey leagues) and have never messed up like this. But I have been commissioner in leagues where innocent mistakes were made, and I always did the right thing.

I respectfully ask that Brett does the right thing here. While I’ve enjoyed being a part of this league, I will not be a part of it next year unless Brett takes timely action.

Thank you and goodnight,
    Matt
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    edited September 2022
    Waaaaaaa

I replied several times in real life.  You make some attempt to argue your case on a rock band forum and share your first concert date, as if that means anything relative to fantasy baseball leagues

You screwed up.  You admitted it with a message you yourself titled "I am an idiot".

I denied manipulation of the league to cover for your error.  This is the role the commissioner plays.

You cooked up a conspiracy theory and 2 known outcomes.  Even brought it here in some weak effort to try and shame me somehow, or to get your own way.

Neither of those outcomes you imagined or put forth are reality.

Now you advance into the finals just as if none of the campaigning and complaining ever happened. I don't have either of your players that you dropped.

By the way - one of the players you wanted back badly enough to whine about everywhere is still available.  You didn't even put in a claim for him.
    This is embarrassing for you.
    I'm sorry you made the error.  This isn't a conspiracy 
      Nobody is out to get you.  Go ahead and pick up the player who is left.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    edited September 2022
    Thinking on this, it really is a microcosm of our society.

A person messes up.
    The rules don't support anything this person imagines should be how their error is somehow reconciled.
    The person imagines the powers that be are somehow out to get them, personally, because the rules don't change to accommodate their own personal circumstances
    The person makes false claims, making claims against others which are bogus, fueled by their own self concern
    Everything is unfair.
    Person threatens to exclude themselves in the future because they didn't get their way

Life goes on.
    World keeps spinning.

Hopefully you don't storm my house and try to overturn the results.  Lmckenney24 has your player now...hopefully you don't know where he lives.  He didn't pay me to get your players.

The other player is still available.  You have a chance to get "half justice" for yourself 

Seriously, this is a total joke.  

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

buahaha
    Great battle.
    Thanks!
    LOL! I was overly confident. Apparently, Jobu ran out of rum. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited September 2022

A person messes up.
    The rules don't support anything this person imagines should be how their error is somehow reconciled.
    The person imagines the powers that be are somehow out to get them, personally, because the rules don't change to accommodate their own personal circumstances
    The person makes false claims, making claims against others which are bogus, fueled by their own self concern
    Everything is unfair.
    Person threatens to exclude themselves in the future because they didn't get their way

Life goes on.
    World keeps spinning.

Hopefully you don't storm my house and try to overturn the results.  Lmckenney24 has your player now...hopefully you don't know where he lives.  He didn't pay me to get your players.

The other player is still available.  You have a chance to get "half justice" for yourself 

I mean, I thought it was a fair add. I was trying to win, at all costs, mistake or not.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on

buahaha
    Great battle.
    Thanks!
    LOL! I was overly confident. Apparently, Jobu ran out of rum. 
    Hey barkeep....jobs needs a refill!

A person messes up.
    Everything is unfair.

Life goes on.
    World keeps spinning.

I mean, I thought it was a fair add. I was trying to win, at all costs, mistake or not.
    Of course it is a fair add, the player was dropped to the waiver wire.  He is there for everyone to put in for.  You are still competing for third place, anyone is fair game.
    Hey Brett,

A few things to consider..

When you drop a player, you can’t make a waiver claim for him. I just picked up Berrios, but had to wait for him to clear waivers. You tried to pick up Bieber, just had lower priority.  

The point that matters is that you had split loyalties; a conflict of interest. As commish, you are tasked with making decisions that are best for the health of the league/fairness; as owner, you want to beat me in the final. It was not your call to make alone. 

So yeah, whatever happens I’m out next year. 

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    Except it was my call to make, as commissioner.   
    And make it, I did, in what I felt was the best call.
    I would have made the same decision were I in the finals or not. 

Good luck this week.
  • I’ve been playing fantasy sports for over 20 years and I have been a commissioner for several long standing leagues. Here is my objective opinion on this.

Ultimately, mistakes are on the owner who made them. I’ve made similar mistakes myself and it is an awful feeling. The best you can hope for is mercy from your league mates. You cannot expect it though. 

From my experience, the waiver process almost always makes it impossible for the owner to get the accidental drop back. Years ago, I left a league because a guy accidentally dropped a player, didn’t say anything. I used the #1 waiver pick. Then later complained and the commish gave him player back and I lost my waiver that I saved all year. Also, consider 100% of league must be in agreement, because otherwise I am using my waiver pick to prevent someone else from getting better. It goes on and on. Again, this is unfortunate. It’s not commishes fault though that he is also in the finals now, that is just an unfortunate coincidence. 

We can’t get 10/12 guys to all pay before seasons end (self own), I don’t even think it’s possible to put this issue to a vote within 24 hours. It is what it is.

good luck in the championship to both of you.

Thank you, appreciate the thoughts and rationale behind them.  Makes sense.

It wasn't happening and this is also based on nearly 30 years of doing this stuff.  It has nothing to do with my team but lots to do with my opinion on how a league is run and especially what happens during playoffs.  I do value the opinions of league members but some items are not voting items. 

Playoff adjustments like this would be one of them. 

An error is made and that is unfortunate...but that player (or those players in this instance) are open to anyone.  

As you stated, everyone who plays a lot likely drops the wrong players or does something stupid at some point.  Certainly have been there. 
  • Thank you, appreciate the thoughts and rationale behind them.  Makes sense.

It wasn't happening and this is also based on nearly 30 years of doing this stuff.  It has nothing to do with my team but lots to do with my opinion on how a league is run and especially what happens during playoffs.  I do value the opinions of league members but some items are not voting items. 

An error is made and that is unfortunate...but that player (or those players in this instance) are open to anyone.  

As you stated, everyone who plays a lot likely drops the wrong players or does something stupid at some point.  Certainly have been there. 
    I did something stupid this year.  

I let the computer pick for me, lol.
    Thank you, appreciate the thoughts and rationale behind them.  Makes sense.

I did something stupid this year.  

I let the computer pick for me, lol.
    Ha.
    I've had to do that before, as well.  That is not ideal!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Mookie, appreciate your comments. I too have been playing fantasy sports for nearly 30 years. It’s all over and done with now, but there certainly was time to call a vote. Whether we would have had enough feedback within the 48 hours before waivers processed is a question that can never be answered. The fact that Brett refused to do so (particularly when in conflict of interest) is inexcusable in my view.

As I said in my initial post, I have never made a mistake like this before (but I have, as commish, fixed errors for others who have made innocent errors). Most recent example was in a FF Auction Draft this year, one owner bid $111 (of a $200 budget) on Michael Pittman. He immediately notified me of the error, I paused the draft, took a poll of owners, and then returned the $ and player before resuming. That’s obviously easier as we had most guys available and online.

Anyways, to the rest of you, it’s been an experience, all the best.

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    :lol:   
    If you were the commish you could have done what you liked.  I don't need an excuse from you.
  • Are we still talking about this?

edited September 2022
    Not accepting it, I guess.

Those who were in the league when we started will recall the trade veto debates.  Scott and his buddy were so mad at Ani and I.  We had some fun with that.  There is rarely going to be agreement on everything, just the way it goes.

Funniest part, though, is Beebs got his shit pushed in when he threw for you.  :lol: