framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    Great job on the London trio…. Go big or go home
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Thanks!  Go big or go home is what I thought too. Thank gawd for Michaels framing sales… lol 
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    87astro said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I looked through this thread for the e-center live 00 poster, and didnt see anything.  Has anyone framed this one?  Would like to see some different results.  I cant figure out what kind of mat to use. 

I would love to see how this would look framed and matted as well.   Do you know what show this was from?  I actually have that poster sitting in a tube in my closet.  Saw it sitting in a record store and the store owner gave it to me.  Its a very cool long poster.
    This shot is from Camden, NJ either 9/1/00 or 9/2/00. Im not sure exactly which show. Both were mind blowing! Mines in the queue to frame up, as well as about 30 others lol
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    edited September 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    The munk one earthlings is bad ass

i remember him at the Gibson LA shows in 2009… tremendous artist.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Love the Monk!!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Love the Monk!!!
    Thanks! He was creating this one on a giant canvas outside YouTube theatre. I had a short conversation with him. Great artist and a very kind human being. He had several conversations and it was really entertaining watching him create… once in a lifetime opportunity. Oh, the concert was badass too 😎
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Love the Monk!!!
    Thanks! He was creating this one on a giant canvas outside YouTube theatre. I had a short conversation with him. Great artist and a very kind human being. He had several conversations and it was really entertaining watching him create… once in a lifetime opportunity. Oh, the concert was badass too 😎
    So cool!! I saw the instagrams of him painting it - so inspiring that he did that on the spot. Love this print.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 180
    edited September 2022
     Camden has entered the gallery. Pretty happy with this one for another self-done job. 
    Post edited by JoeyP21 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    edited September 2022
    JoeyP21 said:

Camden has entered the gallery. Pretty happy with this one for another self-done job. 

So beautiful!
  • Options
    JoeyP21 said:
    Nice dude, looks great!!! I let my wife do this round of show posters. She went the pink on the main matting, white frame. Hopefullyit doesnt look hotrible. I'll post once it's here Saturday. 

Will post Nash once I get the AP from Brad. Didn't want to mess with the lines. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JoeyP21 said:
    Nice dude, looks great!!! I let my wife do this round of show posters. She went the pink on the main matting, white frame. Hopefullyit doesnt look hotrible. I'll post once it's here Saturday. 

Will post Nash once I get the AP from Brad. Didn't want to mess with the lines. 
    Thanks! Nice! Post them when they’re done! Still need to figure out what I am doing with MSG. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    edited September 2022
    Standard white frame from Michael’s for now. 

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    mfc2006 said:

Looks great!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    mfc2006 said:

Love it!
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Slick… that white frame works nicely! 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thanks everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

I went with a white frame from Michael’s for the Toronto poster.  
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 541
    edited September 2022

Finally got the Ohana framed from last year since Michaels has a buy one get one deal on frames this weekend.
    Post edited by rival9500 on
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Some great looking frame jobs here!  Two of the best ‘22 posters.  I’m inspired to get this Nashville print to the framers soon. 
  • Options
    I’ve always been sceptical of the coloured frames. I’m not a flashy person and don’t get very adventurous with colours.  I probably (wrongly) feel it is somehow ostentatious. 

I’m going to try something a little different with the Denver poster. What the hell, you all have inspired me 😎 
  • Options
    I’ve always been sceptical of the coloured frames. I’m not a flashy person and don’t get very adventurous with colours.  I probably (wrongly) feel it is somehow ostentatious. 

I’m going to try something a little different with the Denver poster. What the hell, you all have inspired me 😎 
    Haha I’ve always been the opposite. I have a framer in San Francisco that I trust and I’ve literally dropped something off and just said surprise me before. I know it’s not for everyone but I tend to be pretty neutral with my decor and find crazy frame jobs are a fun way to get more color in my house. 

This was super fun to work on. The inner frame is this metallic wood that the framer just got the day before I brought in the print. I love how it shines at night too. makes me so happy! But again, super subjective I know! 

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,205
    Chrrie said:

Haha I’ve always been the opposite. I have a framer in San Francisco that I trust and I’ve literally dropped something off and just said surprise me before. I know it’s not for everyone but I tend to be pretty neutral with my decor and find crazy frame jobs are a fun way to get more color in my house. 

This was super fun to work on. The inner frame is this metallic wood that the framer just got the day before I brought in the print. I love how it shines at night too. makes me so happy! But again, super subjective I know! 

Very nice! The shiny part is great 
  • Options
    Chrrie said:

That looks pretty fackin cool. Awesome. 
  • Options
    twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 93
    Chrrie said:

Very nice!  Its great to change things up and vary the colors and materials for framing.
  • Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    As a Colorado native, I became very fond of this poster as I had friends who’s lives were turned upside down by the Marshall fire. The kicker is that I traded my reserved seats (Denver) for GA with a kind soul on this board …and later learned he is a firefighter. This poster holds a lot of meaning and I think it turned out great!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,829
    Supercool frame job! 
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Bmoya said:
    As a Colorado native, I became very fond of this poster as I had friends who’s lives were turned upside down by the Marshall fire. The kicker is that I traded my reserved seats (Denver) for GA with a kind soul on this board …and later learned he is a firefighter. This poster holds a lot of meaning and I think it turned out great!

Great job!
    PA
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 575

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    Bmoya said:

That is really great. I am going to try some new frame shops with my current batch, and kind of interested to see what will happen with this one. I didn't love it out of the gate but got the meaning right away. It has grown on me more and more since.