The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure whose blown lead was worse,  Browns or Ravens.  It was basically impossible for either of them to lose. 

its never impossible for the browns to lose
    Haha.  I like that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure whose blown lead was worse,  Browns or Ravens.  It was basically impossible for either of them to lose. 
    Raiders have entered the chat.
    Haha.  

It was a crazy day.

• Man... the Bills are a f'ing wagon. 

They looked great yesterday.  Allens arm strength is crazy.

Reminded me of the '07 Pats, there was no stopping them (until there was). 

Reminded me of the '07 Pats, there was no stopping them (until there was). 
    I watched Allen last year and thought he was good.  Watching him again and it's unbelievable how much better he is than the other QB's in the league.
  • Well, it is Jimmy G time again in the Bay Area.
  • Well, it is Jimmy G time again in the Bay Area.
    I hope he keeps winning.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Well, it is Jimmy G time again in the Bay Area.
    I hope he keeps winning.
    You mean the Great D & Deebo?

Jimmy won’t hurt ya, until he hurts ya when it counts

blessing, Lance looked terrible…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I'm glad Niners kept him, and for less 💰!

Sorry for Lance, but injuries are part of it, especially if you are a running qb.
  • I'm glad Niners kept him, and for less 💰!

Sorry for Lance, but injuries are part of it, especially if you are a running qb.
    The conventional thought was that he would stay with the team until a starting QB got hurt and then that team would pull the trigger on a trade. I didn't expect it to work out the way it did. Keeping him turned out to be a good call.  
    Huh?
    Oh, you mean that butthead?
    F him.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Put down $20 on Chubb TD, Harris TD & Pitt +7.5 at +800 last night. $160 payout.

Felt great about that one with 6 seconds left in the game.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Its amazing the amount of OBVIOUS corruption going on....i guess if you do it out in the open, its not really corruption...like another moron I know
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Jumb0 said:
    Put down $20 on Chubb TD, Harris TD & Pitt +7.5 at +800 last night. $160 payout.

When I saw that last TD I went right to my FanDuel to see if it affected the over/under at all.  It didn't but figured it probably made a difference somewhere.  Those plays are killers to bettors.

And this Amazon Prime TV thing sucks.  The picture blows and I hate not being able to switch the channel (on all these streaming sports on tv) without having to spend 2 minutes getting back into the streaming service.   That needs to be fixed if this is going to work long term to use on the TV itself.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Jumb0 said:

That's the definition of a bad beat.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawks said:
    Jumb0 said:

When I saw that last TD I went right to my FanDuel to see if it affected the over/under at all.  It didn't but figured it probably made a difference somewhere.  Those plays are killers to bettors.

And this Amazon Prime TV thing sucks.  The picture blows and I hate not being able to switch the channel (on all these streaming sports on tv) without having to spend 2 minutes getting back into the streaming service.   That needs to be fixed if this is going to work long term to use on the TV itself.
    i REALLY HOPE THAT THIS ALACARTE CRAP W TV STOPS.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Shoutout to FanDuel...just logged in and they are giving me a $20 "free bet" because of last night. 
    They are the consumate drug dealers!!  :lol:  
  • 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    skeletor’s career and marriage are both going down the tubes.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Miami is a ghoulish organization.  
  • Well the hype about Tua is done now.

Hope he can at least come back from this but I think the guy is glass.
  • I didn't watch the game, but looked up the replay of the hit... the hit / takedown itself didn't seem all the gruesome, but the aftermath... yikes. That was some scary shit, seen that w/ concussed hockey players before (Nathan Horton comes to mind). 

& Mayday, as ghoulish as Miami is, the broadcast partners are just as equally ghoulish. As I understand it, there was zero mention of Sunday's controversy w/ Tua & the concussion protocol after he got injured last night. Protecting the shield (therefore the teams) takes priority above all else. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I heard them talk about the concussion and him passing protocell last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I heard them talk about the concussion and him passing protocell last night. 
    I stand corrected then. There was no small amount of outrage about the broadcast from a lot of 'blue check marks' on social media this morning, but what else is new?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I get why the NFL broadcast wont broach self-criticism in a situation like this.  They are under constant litigation for the head injury thing.  This is possibly going to end up in court.  Its a really bad look for the league.  I know it feels 'gross' that they ignore it or gloss over it publicly.  

I would be willing to bet that behind the scenes, they are irate with the Dolphins/Ross.

It was shocking when they trotted him back out there Sunday after a TKO situation where he couldnt stand on his feet, which was scary and sad in of itself.  Then they wanted to take their little lie further and listed him with his "back" injury to avoid protocol.  Hope that week 3 gatorade shower that ghoul coach 'earned' was worth ruining this career and degrading his life.

There is also the issue of forcing the other team to bake in the Miami sun during afternoon games, while the home side is in the shade.  Sunday's game conditions were downright dangerous.  Multiple players had to leave for heat exhaustion, multiple players cramping up after nearly every play, players throwing up.  I was worried someone was going to drop dead.

That concussion last night was gross.  We watched someone's brain get severely damaged.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Hope Tua is OK.
    Such a bad look for the NFL and Dolphins.
    You had the doctor who discovered CTE, Bennet Omalu, saying earlier in the week Tua should not have gone back into the Bills game, and then you had Chris Nowinski (director of Boston University School of medicine CTE Center) tweeting before the game last night "If Tua takes the field tonight, it's a massive step back for concussion care in the NFL. If he has a 2nd concussion that destroys his season or career, everyone involved will be sued & should lose their jobs, coaches included. We all saw it, even they must know this isn't right "

Pretty much everybody thinks Tua was concussed last Sunday. To trot him out again 4 days later is just beyond irresponsible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    The NFL gets harder and harder to watch because of these concussions.