*** Pearl Jam Oklahoma City, OK Fanviews 9/20/22 ***

2»

Comments

• Just wanted to drop a note to thanks the band for last night.  Eddie, Mike and Jeff seriously THANK YOU. Took my 13 year old son to his 1st concert last night with pit tix.  Half way thru he wanted to move up front and EVERYONE was so nice to let him thru to the rail in front of Mike (without hip checks).  He came back to me at the end of the show with a tambourine from Eddie, a pocketful of picks from Mike and Jeff's wrist band.  I really appreciate that you guys make it such a GREAT experience for everyone and look out for the younglings in the crowd.  Never expected anything like this and it is truly appreciated.  Also, to those along the rail by Mike, a serious THANK YOU to being so nice and letting my son thru. 
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492

Just one dbag in GA who felt the need to cruise up front 2nd song. Gave him a good old fashioned hip check and a fuck you on the way by.

If you aren't in your spot when the lights go down don't expect to cruise upfront without a bruising. 

and THIS is why I don't think I'll go to any more pearl jam shows in the near future. Entitled assholes like this. hip check and a fuck you to people who move up front? how much of a douche can you be?
    You won't go to shows because that guy might hip check you?

How fragile are you?
    really? so you go to shows so people can purposely hit you? if that's what you like, then...ok?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492

nicknyr15 said:

Just one dbag in GA who felt the need to cruise up front 2nd song. Gave him a good old fashioned hip check and a fuck you on the way by.

If you aren't in your spot when the lights go down don't expect to cruise upfront without a bruising. 

and THIS is why I don't think I'll go to any more pearl jam shows in the near future. Entitled assholes like this. hip check and a fuck you to people who move up front? how much of a douche can you be?
    Anyone who pushes up front after arriving late is lucky all they get is a hip check honestly. 
    yep like i said...entitled assholes. you people are unreal. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

You won't go to shows because that guy might hip check you?

How fragile are you?
    really? so you go to shows so people can purposely hit you? if that's what you like, then...ok?
    I certainly won't stop going to shows because of it. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639

nicknyr15 said:

Anyone who pushes up front after arriving late is lucky all they get is a hip check honestly. 
    Entitled assholes? So what do you call a person who pushes past people to get to the front after the show starts ? I call that person dog shit. Just curious what you would call them. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Entitled assholes? So what do you call a person who pushes past people to get to the front after the show starts ? I call that person dog shit. Just curious what you would call them. 
    Those people are fragile. If you hip check them they never attend a concert again. Ever.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • If you hip checked the two girls I saw trying to worm their way forward you would have probably broke a hip.

I thought that pretty much everyone in the pit was pretty cool and accommodating.
  • Great show.... The $9 Diet Coke and $13 beer was a drag. Posters went very quick also. 
  • geronika said:
    If you hip checked the two girls I saw trying to worm their way forward you would have probably broke a hip.

I thought that pretty much everyone in the pit was pretty cool and accommodating.
    You must've been close to where I was in the pit. They seemed to get the message eventually and didn't have any other issues. 

Loved the show. To start off with Garden, a song I've always wanted to see live, was incredible. I'd never seen Hail, Hail before either. Loved hearing Hard To Imagine again. To get Sleight of Hand, Habit and Alone was fantastic. I thought Superblood Wolfmoon was much better live than I thought it would be. I expected to really like Dance of the Clairvoyants live and it was better than I expected. 
  • jmspazola said:
    So the one dot next to songs on the setlist must be 1/2 step down...the two dots by Habit mean a whole step down (hence the "WHOLE" written next to it)

What does it mean to be a half or whole step down? 
    jmspazola said:
    So the one dot next to songs on the setlist must be 1/2 step down...the two dots by Habit mean a whole step down (hence the "WHOLE" written next to it)

What does it mean to be a half or whole step down? 
    The guitars are tuned down from normal tuning either 1/2 or one step....makes vocals easier to hit.

All bands do it to some degree
    Exactly. Watch the 2000 pink pop performance and then watch the performance from this show. You will hear the difference quite easily.  

In general, when a guitar is tuned down, the sound becomes heavier and sludgier. Standard tuning is in the key of E. Dropping a full step would be in D. But Habit, (correct me if I'm wrong), is in drop D, which would mean the song is being played in drop C.  Which is low.  A lot of metal bands use that type of tuning. 

Really wanted to get Habit this tour.  I missed it, but im super glad they played it. 

Rock on.  
  • Great show. Lots of fun in OKC. Went to Nashville too, and Nashville was so crazy downtown kind of experienced that more than the Pearl Jam scene before (not to mention that merch line was a no go). So it was nice to get back to just seeing a bunch of fans and talking to a lot of new people.

The set was great. I honestly thought while experiencing it that I was getting four or five unique songs (13th show). In the end, all I really got was Amongst the Waves, but that was awesome. It's actually been in my head all day. I hadn't seen Habit since 1998, though, so not surprising I thought that was a new one for me! I guess even if it didn't end up being a bunch of new songs for me -- and all that I thought was new, was only the second time I've heard them live -- if I thought they were, that's something to experience. Glad they extended the set with Indifference and RITFW. I know some don't like or get tired of the latter, but I always enjoy it and it fit last night.

Someone somewhere on these forums said they have really gotten into a groove with the shorter sets and I agree. That was one good show. I have Denver tomorrow, which is local for me. Looking forward to a good closer.  
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2022
     Great show!!

Given to Fly guitar!

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• nlowrancenlowrance Dallas, TX Posts: 20

Dallas, Texas (June 09, 2003) | New York, New York (June 24, 2008) | Austin, Texas (October 04, 2009) | New York, New York (May 20, 2010) | Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013) | Oklahoma City, OK (November 16, 2013) | Oklahoma City (September 20, 2022)
  • nlowrancenlowrance Dallas, TX Posts: 20

Dallas, Texas (June 09, 2003) | New York, New York (June 24, 2008) | Austin, Texas (October 04, 2009) | New York, New York (May 20, 2010) | Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013) | Oklahoma City, OK (November 16, 2013) | Oklahoma City (September 20, 2022)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    What an awesome show. Flew into Dallas to hang with some of my best friends that I met through PJ. We drove in the morning of the show and had an absolute blast. Loved the setlist & energy. Garden, Alone & Habit were the huge highlights for me. It flowed so well. BIG thank you to Pearl Jam!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 132
    nicknyr15 said:

I’m not sure everyone who arrives at 8pm for a show that starts at 9pm know that some in the first few rows of GA have been waiting in line for 12 hours or camp for 36 hours. Still no excuse to push yourself up front; if there’s no room for a body to pass, you stay in the back. Just saying that at most non PJ GA show, most of the GA crowd somehow moves up front within the minutes prior to or after the start, which may be less offensive if those in the front row only arrived one hour earlier rather than 24. 
    or maybe they were up there and you just didn't see them leave....or they took a different route to leave

point being we might never know for sure where these people originated and it's GA so it's a free for all
    I will say as someone that was 3 rows back along Stone's side, our folks camping from when we were let in around 5:20 or so knew exactly who and who wasn't around us at that point. If anyone needed a restroom break, water bottles from the security crew at the barriers, or just a beer run, we were in constant communication and appreciation for the people around us. Yeah I saw a couple people come in later and no around knew who those people were. It's not entitlement when you've been waiting all day both in the merch line and GA pit line and have that bond and all of a sudden close to set time you have someone nudging their way up front.
    One thing I noticed this tour more and more from when I saw Pearl Jam back in the day was there were a decent amount of Dads and/or Moms bringing their kiddos for the first time to appreciate something they as well and loved growing up themselves. Those families along the rails were waiting all day just like the rest of us. It's not cool to see someone ____ beers deep pushing their way threw when I saw two younger females in their high school to college age feeling disrespected. However, apart from those two guys trying to push their way, what an amazing show. It was also super amazing to see these new young fans having personalized signed letters, tambourines, and/or picks handed to them. They all had the biggest smiles on them! So cool. 
    Thank you PJ particularly for Habit, Hail Hail, Hard to Imagine and Sleight of Hand. Third time hearing Quick Escape and it just gets better and better! 
  • Made the trip from Fort Worth to see the show. Great seats and an amazing show. The band was hitting on all cylinders and the crowd was all in as well. Good venue to see the band or any band for that matter. My only complaint was the posters sold out so quick and the deadbeats are now selling them on eBay for 8x the cost. It sucks because as big fan who has a poster from every show, I want one from this one as well and now have to pay a ridiculous price for one. Anyway, great show but people suck.  
    Dallas, Texas (November 12, 1993)
    Austin, Texas (September 16, 1995)
    Dallas, Texas (July 05, 1998)
    Dallas, Texas (October 17, 2000)
    Dallas, Texas (June 09, 2003)
    Austin, Texas (October 03, 2009)
    Austin, Texas (October 04, 2009)
    Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013)
    Oklahoma City (September 20, 2022)
  • TP128347 said:

Hey you guys near the back of GA in front of Mike - I was in the electric wheelchair telescoped (raised) up to see at normal viewing height - THANKS for blocking ppl from walking/standing or getting in my viewing lane.  Even the ppl for 10' in front of my date and I were making sure we could see clearly.  THANK YOU.

GA was more crowded last night than OKC `13 & Tulsa `14.  

WOW!  The outside merch line before the show!  You all a crazy.  That said, I came away with nothing  ☹  (I was hoping for OKC t-shirt / button.  Looking in Lost Dogs later.)  I went to a funeral at 1:00 (Thank you Tom for 27 years in AF serving in Korea and Vietnam.  RIP), then drove by arena at 2:30.  The line was W-A-Y long.  Oh well …

At my other two GA shows I was in front of Stone.  Last night was super cool to see Mike blister his guitar and groove with Jeff.

I had/have an unrealistic fantasy of getting that band to play Long Road -> Walk With Me -> Off He Goes or Around The Bend to open the show.  Garden was plenty fine to open.  Especially, since it hasn’t happened since 1992.  More fantasy songs:  I would have loved to see Rain (Beatles) or Black Diamond (Kiss) or _______.

The encore was rabid.  Go.  Alone.  I was praying for Blood to be next, but DTE had me rockin'.  Somewhere during Porch or Alive I just became lost in Mike’s playing.  Just beautiful, ferocious, driving.   A couple songs early he played a sunburst Les Paul.  Not sure if it is used much.  I would have loved to see him play the Gretsch Chet Atkins or a White Falcon.

I talked to four PJ virgins yesterday.  Coincidently, all women.  My date, a local lady and two ladies at Social Connection (this place was probably 85% capacity at 2:45 – good job at showing up Jammers).

Great show.  Great crowd.  Not too many hits. I hope it is not eight years again till the next OKC show.  Oh, btw, nearly sold out arena from my perspective.

Thanks to the band, organization and staff at the arena.  You all made a wonderful evening.

"Live Music is better.  Bumper stickers should be issued."  :)

I believe I was standing to your right.  Once I saw you we tried to make sure we didn't obstruct your view.  I apologize if we blocked your view at all.  Great show! Felt good to be back at a PJ show.  
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Another fun show and happy to get Garden and Hard to Imagine again.

Thanks to all the wonderful people I met at the hotel, outside merchandise line, and inside the arena.  I have great memories that will last a long time.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Just wanted to give a shout out to the guy eating a hot dog during Small Town!
  • marcusinaustinmarcusinaustin Austin Posts: 5
    Great show. Ready for next tour!

Houston (09/05/92) - Austin (10/04/09)  - Austin (10/05/14) - Austin (10/12/14) - Raleigh (04/20/16) - Oklahoma City (10/20/22) - Ft Worth (09/13/23) - Ft Worth (09/15/23) - Austin (09/18/23) - Austin (09/19/23)

• A Compliment For UsA Compliment For Us Posts: 131
    edited September 2022
    evilution said:
    Just wanted to give a shout out to the guy eating a hot dog during Small Town!
    Video of this is great.  Ed first comments about the guy buying a hot dog, then forgets lyrics and proclaims "the hot dog threw me off."

All occurs in first 40 seconds of song.  Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_Ssai4MwU
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ Upcoming 2024  TBD...
  • TP128347 said:

Hey you guys near the back of GA in front of Mike - I was in the electric wheelchair telescoped (raised) up to see at normal viewing height - THANKS for blocking ppl from walking/standing or getting in my viewing lane.  Even the ppl for 10' in front of my date and I were making sure we could see clearly.  THANK YOU.

I believe I was standing to your right.  Once I saw you we tried to make sure we didn't obstruct your view.  I apologize if we blocked your view at all.  Great show! Felt good to be back at a PJ show.  
     You guys were great.  Thank you and the other folks around you.  Wishing I could have gone to another show this tour.  Take care and be safe ...
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167

• First time to stand in a merch line for over 2.5 hours and got all the merch I was hoping for. Shirt, poster, two stickers.