Covid Nashville

Comments

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,991
    Get well soon to everyone under the weather.

Everyone who is eligible, make your appointment for an updated booster (and your annual flu booster while you’re at it) today. I’m going for mine on Monday. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    Tour crud. It happens. Take care of yourselves and feel better.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Between MSG, Camden and Nashville I've been worried but so far so good. We had GA for both Camden and Nashville and they were both pretty crowded. I have been keeping away from my parents place and probably won't go see them until this weekend, and after a test, just to be sure. 

NYPJ
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Still feeling the effects three weeks after I got it: Random coughing fits and just feel run down and tired.  I moved a couch yesterday and I was exhausted after.  Feel better op.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • nautical_disasternautical_disaster Posts: 260
    edited September 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    Still feeling the effects three weeks after I got it: Random coughing fits and just feel run down and tired.  I moved a couch yesterday and I was exhausted after.  Feel better op.  
    Exactly the same situation with me. Got it after I came back from the Quebec show (granted i was in town for 4 days, so no idea where I got it), and still feel like crap 20 days later.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    As someone who recently had Covid, is fully vaccinated and still almost ended up dying and in the icu, I raise my middle finger to you on both hands. Now I’m only being nice as to not have this thread locked and my post removed. I’m sure others don’t really see the humour in your post as they may have or know someone else who has been affected by Covid. Maybe instead of a being  a jackass, have some compassion. The world has enough dicks already, no need to add to the total. 
    I am glad you made it through.  People are crazy....they believe in some weird being in the sky based on faith but unless something terrible happens directly to them they don't believe it's a big issue.  And they also are unable to read and understand data. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Thanks for sharing that you got the vid.  Honorable thing to give everyone heads up.  Had it over thanksgiving, but no long issues.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    As someone who recently had Covid, is fully vaccinated and still almost ended up dying and in the icu, I raise my middle finger to you on both hands. Now I’m only being nice as to not have this thread locked and my post removed. I’m sure others don’t really see the humour in your post as they may have or know someone else who has been affected by Covid. Maybe instead of a being  a jackass, have some compassion. The world has enough dicks already, no need to add to the total. 
    I am glad you made it through.  People are crazy....they believe in some weird being in the sky based on faith but unless something terrible happens directly to them they don't believe it's a big issue.  And they also are unable to read and understand data. 
    Hit the nail on the head here 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • My best to everyone who's ill. I hope that you all get better and fast...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,775
    Live your life. Hide in a bubble if you are afraid of covid. I went to Fresno and Nashville, no rona. I have attended a half dozen other crowded concerts, no rona  I have been out of the country five times since the inception of the pandemic, no rona. Been to Mickey mouse world a half dozen times, no rona. At this point it is no worse than getting the common cold. 
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine
    If you are scared of this, stay home. If my post triggered you, good luck in life. Remember, it makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
    Gonna call BS on this, right here. If you test positive and are symptomatic, the CDC most definitely asks you to isolate. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html

As for it being "no worse than the common cold", how would you know? You claim to have never had it. Spoiler: my case was mild, and still far worse than any "common cold" I've ever had.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:
    Live your life. Hide in a bubble if you are afraid of covid. I went to Fresno and Nashville, no rona. I have attended a half dozen other crowded concerts, no rona  I have been out of the country five times since the inception of the pandemic, no rona. Been to Mickey mouse world a half dozen times, no rona. At this point it is no worse than getting the common cold. 
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine
    If you are scared of this, stay home. If my post triggered you, good luck in life. Remember, it makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
    Gonna call BS on this, right here. If you test positive and are symptomatic, the CDC most definitely asks you to isolate. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html

As for it being "no worse than the common cold", how would you know? You claim to have never had it. Spoiler: my case was mild, and still far worse than any "common cold" I've ever had.
    I'll back you up on that.
    CDC still recommending isolate for 5 days from start of symptoms and/or date of positive test.  Mask through at least day 10.  If symptoms not improving or immunocompromised may be even longer.
    It's not about living your life in fear, its more about people looking out for each other and doing the right thing when they have it.
    Hope everyone who got COVID this tour doing ok and recover quickly.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2022
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine. 
    It's definitely worse than the common cold.  What symptoms did you have when you got covid? Consider yourself lucky.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,394
    edited September 2022
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine. 
    "we are tired of hearing about this"

So go stick your head in the sand and stop reading / commenting on / trolling these threads. 

The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer your ignorance. 
  • tdawe said:
    Get well soon to everyone under the weather.

Everyone who is eligible, make your appointment for an updated booster (and your annual flu booster while you’re at it) today. I’m going for mine on Monday. 
    I'm planning on getting the updated Covid booster next week as well!

To everyone who's currently battling Covid, hope you feel better soon.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    getting my Bivariant booster in a couple hours!
    last week recorded Covid deaths in San Diego County,

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

All 9 had underlying conditions per 10 News, ABC News affiliate

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting the facts on current Covid situation in my home town.
  • DEGBTI said:

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting the facts on current Covid situation in my home town.
    60% of Americans have underlying conditions. 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/60-percent-of-americans-have-underlying-condition-that-increases-covid19-risk
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    DEGBTI said:

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

It sounds like vaccinations, quarantines and masking when appropriate are all doing their intended job.   Stop pretending like these would be the numbers if there was a free for all and there were no guidelines and protocols in place. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,984
    DEGBTI said:

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

What's the point?  That the people who are dying are expendable?  That it's their own fault for having underlying conditions?  That we shouldn't take basic precautions to protect them and ourselves?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    edited September 2022
    BF25394 said:
    DEGBTI said:

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

What's the point?  That the people who are dying are expendable?  That it's their own fault for having underlying conditions?  That we shouldn't take basic precautions to protect them and ourselves?
     you missed the part where I said this was per the news? I have no point other than to post something I saw on the news regarding Covid in my area. This is a discussion about covid correct? So it's not ok to report facts anymore? serious question to you? Can I post a fact even if you disagree with the premise? Am I somehow a bad guy for posting a fact from my city? Not arguing with you, just trying to understand your question to me. Oh, and the complete quote I posted was verbatim on my television screen. I did not add the "underlying condition" part, it was literally written out just like I posted on my TV. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    All 9 happened to need to breathe to live.

Some stats are more useful than others.  (Or, useless)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Second booster scheduled for Friday. It's required by my employer. I would be getting it anyway, but it's nice to know the guy in the office next door will be as well. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    mpedone said:

+1 It is up to states, local municipalities, and businesses that determine the quarantine duration. My son tested positive in August at summer camp and they had a 10 day requirement. And it is worse than the common cold. Worst sore throat ever. Worse than strep.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    DEGBTI said:

9 deaths total
    6 over 80 years old
    2 over 70 years old
    1 over 60 years old

:raises hand: -- I'm also in San Diego. This is a highly-vaccinated population, over 90%. So it makes sense that most of those now dying have comorbidities. Although as someone else notes, a LOT of Americans have underlying conditions. I think it's also not always clear at this point if some people who are older and/or generally sicker are dying from Covid or with Covid. (E.g. One could have a stroke and die while infected with a mild case of Covid.)

For the rest of us, yes, it's probably "just like the flu." My boys -- now adults -- both trotted out that comment back in March 2020. (Remember, the flu kills tens of thousands of Americans each year, as well.)

All four of us were at all four Spectrum shows in 2009. All four of us, starting with me (I'm convinced someone in the box office was contagious, as I picked up all of the tickets), came down with H1N1. My poor husband was working on the vaccine rollout while sick in bed. :-( 

We lost most of the month of November to H1N1. So when my boys said "Covid is just like the flu," I reminded them of H1N1; both immediately said, "Oh. Yeah, that really sucked." It took weeks to feel right again.

Anyway, good on you getting your booster, @DEGBTI It won't necessarily prevent you from catching Covid, but it means you're much more likely to have a mild case or even be asymptomatic. I need to find the time to get mine -- as well as a flu shot. Flu season is expected to be very bad this year.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    One of my clients (pretty sure he is a tRumpster...likely not vaccinated...he is pretty non-political but his wife is a rapid tRumpster) got covid last November. He is still on disability from it and still has to use a trachea tube.

Pretty sure he wishes he got vaccinated and likely doesn't think covid is a common cold 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    One of my clients (pretty sure he is a tRumpster...likely not vaccinated...he is pretty non-political but his wife is a rapid tRumpster) got covid last November. He is still on disability from it and still has to use a trachea tube.

Pretty sure he wishes he got vaccinated and likely doesn't think covid is a common cold 

Rapid is a funny typo.  A combo of vapid and rabid, both of which likely apply.  🤔
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    alphawolf said:
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. 
    Actually yes.

Philadelphia Spectrum run in 2009

It was crazy how many of us got the Philly flu after that run!

i got sick from Philly too and i only went to two shows.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 33
    edited September 2022
    To those that have gotten ill from the Nashville show (or anywhere), hope your recovery is swift. Being back home for 5 days, hopefully I have avoided it (knock on wood). Being in the top row perhaps has helped my odds as there was nobody sitting behind me. An aside, still sounded great up there. Amazing sound in that venue.

I got the double vax spring '21 and a booster in the fall, but was not able to avoid COVID at an out of state family wedding this past April. Fortunately, my experience was mild, I would say even less than a common cold. 1 night of a mild fever and then runny nose/stuffed up for a few days. Several other relatives had it much worse, but ultimately nothing serious.

This thread has prompted me to schedule another booster next week. Was going to anyway sooner or later. Figured 6 months out from getting it, time is ripe. 
    Post edited by Wilco87 on
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!
    thank you for letting us know! I see the sarcastic response but some of us who are I don't know maybe in the middle of f*cking cancer treatment or have someone compromised at home, really appreciate people who take it at least semi seriously. Hope you are doing ok!
    Yes thanks  for letting us know .I sure have of Pearl Jam fans are,Trumpers and old Bush voters  thanks for looking out for tge Jamily

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    JH6056 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JH6056 said:
    Be well OP and all others.

I’m not sure how I feel about people posting they got (or already had and may have spread) Covid at shows.  I would probably prefer if they didn’t.  We’re in an era of living with it and no testing and tracing to speak of, as the policy of the land, so I’d probably prefer the concert experience to not be brought down by this info.  I think people know there’s a risk at shows.  

That being said, I just might wear my mask tonight.   
    Yeah didn’t want to bum anyone out. Just wanted to simply inform people. No worries. 
    You did the right thing OP. Reality & important info should never be avoided because it might bum someone out. Bringing covid home to unsuspecting family or coworkers is a far bigger bummer!

Not to insult anyone, but your comment about bringing covid home to unsuspecting family member or co worker is exactly why you should NOT go if this is your concern. Don't go if you don't want it, easy. Then your unsuspecting family member or co worker can get it at the grocery store, gas station, 7-11, ect...
    I don't feel insulted at all. I also think that there is literally NO good reason to keep it to yourself if you were out and about and then tested positive. I speak from experience, did a trip I really wanted to do and was so happy to do, but got the text as I was literally driving from airport back to home that a good friend also on the trip tested positive. If she hadn't texted me, I would have walked into my house with no mask on because I didn't have any reason to think I was at high risk for being exposed. Because she texted me, I walked in in a mask and went straight to quarantine, even though I didn't have any symptoms yet and hadn't tested positive yet (my symptoms started next day and positive PCR was 2 days after that).

Because I knew walking in, no one I live with (including significant other and kiddos) got covid from me.

So my main point was and still is: If you go to a highly social event, and then you test positive for Covid, you should let those you were with know you have Covid. What they do with the info is up to them, but most of us would assess who in our lives we need to stay away from (if possible) and mask and do all the covid prevention things with.  Because at least now we know the risk level is much higher of transmission.
    Thank U

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014