On The Road Again or In My Truck v.2.0

123457»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Dec 4 2019 Right Front Drive Axle Airbag exploded...

Feb 4 2020  Left Rear Drive Axle Airbag exploded....

this is supposed to be a rarity in occurance, so I am told.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mickeyrat said:
    Dec 4 2019 Right Front Drive Axle Airbag exploded...

Feb 4 2020  Left Rear Drive Axle Airbag exploded....

this is supposed to be a rarity in occurance, so I am told.....
    I am so sorry. I had an axle issue with an SUV and that was no fun. I can't imagine how much this sucks for you. Was told mine was rare, too but I was also asked if we brine roads. (I also had a spring snap on the back driver's side.) I wonder if that has anything to do with your recent issues? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited February 2020
    doubt it. the bag rides on a heavy duty plastic cylinder at the bottom as it inflates/deflates. was told, usually when these blow its due to a little rock or something like that getting kicked up in there and as the bag expands, it creates a defect/weak spot that cant handle the pressure.

both times I had just hooked up to a trailer and the air system was leveling off the trailer. fortunately I was on the opposite side of the trailer when these blew. super loud, sounds like a cannon or those fireworks shells with no sparkly stuff.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Glad that you are okay. 
    and it happened, finally. goddammit.

deer strike. as you might guess, the truck won.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Nothing really related her but I had to put this up. 
    This one's for you, M!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Nothing really related her but I had to put this up. 
    This one's for you, M!

fuck that.  zero room for error.

mickeyrat said:
    and it happened, finally. goddammit.

deer strike. as you might guess, the truck won.
    Glad the truck won!

When my husband and I lived above the Cuyahoga Valley and worked in the park, we both hit deer with our vehicles. M hit one with his Toyota truck. Killed the deer. I hit one in the lil bare bones Tercel we owned and while I did not kill it, I also didn't damage the Tercel either. Scared us both though. 
    was just a gorgeous friday morning.....

sooooo according to the honda driver, it was I that was to yield.......

• mickeyrat said:

Failure to yield into oncoming traffic, Illegal lane change, one of those falls on them.  They are an idiot and I don't see you getting nailed for this one.
    mickeyrat said:

Failure to yield into oncoming traffic, Illegal lane change, one of those falls on them.  They are an idiot and I don't see you getting nailed for this one.

She claimed injury. cops were on edge at first. spoke to her, then came to me. I said nothing. pressed play instead. their demeanor changed immediately.

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

She claimed injury. cops were on edge at first. spoke to her, then came to me. I said nothing. pressed play instead. their demeanor changed immediately.
    Correct move.  Well played.
    big truck truckin can be disastrous....