Covid Nashville

Comments

• PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Hope everyone is feeling OK with only mild cases.

I ended up wearing a mask at the Nashville and StL shows because I could not risk bringing COVID home to my family.  Definitely impacted the show experience a bit.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    JH6056 said:
    Be well OP and all others.

I’m not sure how I feel about people posting they got (or already had and may have spread) Covid at shows.  I would probably prefer if they didn’t.  We’re in an era of living with it and no testing and tracing to speak of, as the policy of the land, so I’d probably prefer the concert experience to not be brought down by this info.  I think people know there’s a risk at shows.  

That being said, I just might wear my mask tonight.   
    Yeah didn’t want to bum anyone out. Just wanted to simply inform people. No worries. 
    You did the right thing OP. Reality & important info should never be avoided because it might bum someone out. Bringing covid home to unsuspecting family or coworkers is a far bigger bummer!

Not to insult anyone, but your comment about bringing covid home to unsuspecting family member or co worker is exactly why you should NOT go if this is your concern. Don't go if you don't want it, easy. Then your unsuspecting family member or co worker can get it at the grocery store, gas station, 7-11, ect...
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    PJ-Cubs said:

I ended up wearing a mask at the Nashville and StL shows because I could not risk bringing COVID home to my family.  Definitely impacted the show experience a bit.
    how did it impact the show?
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    My girlfriend and I also got it... but I was also in that sea of people that was Bourbon and Beyond so who knows which one did us in
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • My brother and I went to Nashville, sect 107 row G. I went onto STL, sect 118 same tow. no symptoms until Monday night. Tested positive today. Brother took a test yesterday and was negative, took one today he is positive also. Mild symptoms 
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hope everyone that got it recovers well.  Don't pay any attention to the people here making light of it.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    RK50065 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:

Whenever I wear a mask for that long it starts getting uncomfortable to breath and I wind up with a sore throat. Beyond that, annoying to drink, can't sing along, no cheering between songs, and annoying to talk between sets.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Got it in Budapest, so I hope that kept me from getting it in Nashville. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    OP feel better soon!

and thanks for letting folks know B) 

Seriously. No joking. No sarc. This stuff isnt a joke. 

I had the covid in july and hit me like a freight train. Im still dealing with fatigue. Im a semi pro athlete and it kicked my ass way worse than i was expecting. 

Its the only time i was ever glad to hit just one single show in a tour. I didnt want to travel. I was nervous to be around that many people. I was exhausted for days after Camden. I think my ears are still ringing. 

Drink lots of fluids (water/juice/gatorade/smart water) not beer wine vodka whiskey etc lol

Be well ✌🏼 
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I got it at MSG and am just testing negative today.  Not mild - it sucked!  Show was awesome :-) 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Best wishes and get well everyone. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited September 2022
    DEGBTI said:
    JH6056 said:
    Be well OP and all others.

I’m not sure how I feel about people posting they got (or already had and may have spread) Covid at shows.  I would probably prefer if they didn’t.  We’re in an era of living with it and no testing and tracing to speak of, as the policy of the land, so I’d probably prefer the concert experience to not be brought down by this info.  I think people know there’s a risk at shows.  

That being said, I just might wear my mask tonight.   
    Yeah didn’t want to bum anyone out. Just wanted to simply inform people. No worries. 
    You did the right thing OP. Reality & important info should never be avoided because it might bum someone out. Bringing covid home to unsuspecting family or coworkers is a far bigger bummer!

Not to insult anyone, but your comment about bringing covid home to unsuspecting family member or co worker is exactly why you should NOT go if this is your concern. Don't go if you don't want it, easy. Then your unsuspecting family member or co worker can get it at the grocery store, gas station, 7-11, ect...
    I don't feel insulted at all. I also think that there is literally NO good reason to keep it to yourself if you were out and about and then tested positive. I speak from experience, did a trip I really wanted to do and was so happy to do, but got the text as I was literally driving from airport back to home that a good friend also on the trip tested positive. If she hadn't texted me, I would have walked into my house with no mask on because I didn't have any reason to think I was at high risk for being exposed. Because she texted me, I walked in in a mask and went straight to quarantine, even though I didn't have any symptoms yet and hadn't tested positive yet (my symptoms started next day and positive PCR was 2 days after that).

Because I knew walking in, no one I live with (including significant other and kiddos) got covid from me.

So my main point was and still is: If you go to a highly social event, and then you test positive for Covid, you should let those you were with know you have Covid. What they do with the info is up to them, but most of us would assess who in our lives we need to stay away from (if possible) and mask and do all the covid prevention things with.  Because at least now we know the risk level is much higher of transmission.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    edited September 2022
    pjl44 said:
    RK50065 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:

Whenever I wear a mask for that long it starts getting uncomfortable to breath and I wind up with a sore throat. Beyond that, annoying to drink, can't sing along, no cheering between songs, and annoying to talk between sets.
    What kind of mask do you wear? I have a brand of KN95 masks that I like a lot. I wore a mask for all of MSG even though I was on an aisle seat and felt not that crushed/crowded in (and wore a mask for most of the Apollo which was much more crowded) and I don't have that discomfort with breathing, although my throat does get a bit dry at times. Have worn it through countless live shows with minimal discomfort. What kind of mask do you use? Happy to send a link to the ones I buy (no, I do not work for the company or benefit from them selling more!) just in case you find them more comfy.

Oh, wait, were you GA? In that case you probably had to wear your mask a lot longer than I did.  But still may be worth trying other masks for future shows.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Live your life. Hide in a bubble if you are afraid of covid. I went to Fresno and Nashville, no rona. I have attended a half dozen other crowded concerts, no rona  I have been out of the country five times since the inception of the pandemic, no rona. Been to Mickey mouse world a half dozen times, no rona. At this point it is no worse than getting the common cold. 
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine. 
    If you are scared of this, stay home. If my post triggered you, good luck in life. Remember, it makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    My wife and I were at Nashville and St. Louis and we both just tested positive a few minutes ago. She has symptoms, I do not yet.
    Live your life. Hide in a bubble if you are afraid of covid. I went to Fresno and Nashville, no rona. I have attended a half dozen other crowded concerts, no rona  I have been out of the country five times since the inception of the pandemic, no rona. Been to Mickey mouse world a half dozen times, no rona. At this point it is no worse than getting the common cold. 
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine. 
    If you are scared of this, stay home. If my post triggered you, good luck in life. Remember, it makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 
    The thread LITERALLY has Covid in the title. Why not live your life and not open threads that are clearly about something you're tired of hearing about? 
    JH6056 said:
    Live your life. Hide in a bubble if you are afraid of covid. I went to Fresno and Nashville, no rona. I have attended a half dozen other crowded concerts, no rona  I have been out of the country five times since the inception of the pandemic, no rona. Been to Mickey mouse world a half dozen times, no rona. At this point it is no worse than getting the common cold. 
    The thread LITERALLY has Covid in the title. Why not live your life and not open threads that are clearly about something you're tired of hearing about? 
    Someone felt the need to let us know he/she I an insensitive angry 🐘. That was really his/her point. Thank you OP (and others for responsibly and kindly sharing your diagnosis).
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Sarava said:
    My wife and I were at Nashville and St. Louis and we both just tested positive a few minutes ago. She has symptoms, I do not yet.
    All my best to you and yours. I know she recently has had some health issues. Hoping those do not conflict with the diagnosis and wish you both a speedy recovery. 
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Sarava said:
    All my best to you and yours. I know she recently has had some health issues. Hoping those do not conflict with the diagnosis and wish you both a speedy recovery. 
    Yeah thank you. I'm hoping all will be fine. She is vaxed and double boosted.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    My point is we are  I AM tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. It is a non-factor now, the CDC no longer requires a mandatory five day quarantine. 
    Corrected it for you
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    OP, and anyone who tested positive, hope you're feeling better.

• I still feel like it’s still pretty serious, just to know people have a heightened awareness, I don’t want to infect anyone. Doesn’t matter how I feel, if I get it I feel towards my fellow peeps don’t want to be exposed if they knew I had it.

took my chances with no mask. But I’ve made it since it started without getting it. I was pretty confident going to the shows and not worried too much about it.

JM2c

aim
    Amy The Great #74594
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    PJ 20 2011
    Missoula MT 2018
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Zod said:
    I think this is part of going to concerts now.  I got Covid going to the Oakland shows earlier this year.

The things always going be spreading, I think the upside is we all seem to be getting less and less sick from it (from having had it, or from vaccines).  So it's still highly spreadable, but less severe.   My case was pretty mild.  I think the Oakland variant was a good one to get :)

Also to be fair I went with 2 friends.   The 2 of us that got Covid didn't wear masks, but the 3rd wore an N95, and he didn't get it.  So there's that :)
    yeah but he lost his freedumbs
    There's a lot of loud freedumb spinners out there. Thank you OP for caring about others. Be safe everyone.
  • Oh and for what’s it’s worth. I’m doing a shot of Niquil as my remedy. That shit cures everything 🤧😷
    Amy The Great #74594
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    PJ 20 2011
    Missoula MT 2018
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    My point is we are tired of hearing about this. Ten or fifteen years ago did we post, hey I got a cold following a show? No. 
    Actually yes.

Philadelphia Spectrum run in 2009

It was crazy how many of us got the Philly flu after that run!
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    As someone who recently had Covid, is fully vaccinated and still almost ended up dying and in the icu, I raise my middle finger to you on both hands. Now I’m only being nice as to not have this thread locked and my post removed. I’m sure others don’t really see the humour in your post as they may have or know someone else who has been affected by Covid. Maybe instead of a being  a jackass, have some compassion. The world has enough dicks already, no need to add to the total. 
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 243
    No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.
    Good news is you are likely a part of the 100% that will survive the profanity.
    Lol.  I thought if you are offended by profanity, maybe PJ and EV are not such a good thing.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    There are still more than 400 Americans a day dying from COVID-19.  Even at that "low" rate, which has remained consistent for months after the higher rates of the Omicron surge, there would still be nearly 150,000 deaths in a year.  By contrast, the common cold is rarely lethal.  Your suggestion that "[a]t this point [COVID-19] is no worse than getting the common cold" is nonsense.  Even the flu doesn't kill anywhere near this many people.  (From 2010-19, American flu deaths ranged between 12,000 and 61,000.)

There are common-sense reasonable precautions people can take to minimize their risk of infection, such as wearing a mask in crowded public spaces, that are not at all equivalent to hiding in a bubble or staying home.  Taking basic precautions to protect yourself and-- importantly-- other people who may be more vulnerable to serious illness than you is common courtesy.

I'm sorry that you're "tired of hearing about" COVID-19.  I guess you're not as tough and brave as you pretend to be since you tire so easily of simply "hearing about" something that apparently has had no direct effect on you.  I note the irony of you writing "if my post triggered you, good luck in life" in a post that clearly demonstrates that you are easily triggered.  If COVID-19 is nothing to be worried about, why do you care whether other people take precautions?  What business is it of yours what other people do to protect their health and the health of others?  There are no more mask mandates.  No one is imposing anything on you.  Your post might have had some salience a year ago.  Now, it just makes you sound like an ignorant, thoughtless person.  Peddle your nonsense somewhere else.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394 said:
    There are still more than 400 Americans a day dying from COVID-19.  Even at that "low" rate, which has remained consistent for months after the higher rates of the Omicron surge, there would still be nearly 150,000 deaths in a year.  By contrast, the common cold is rarely lethal.  Your suggestion that "[a]t this point [COVID-19] is no worse than getting the common cold" is nonsense.  Even the flu doesn't kill anywhere near this many people.  (From 2010-19, American flu deaths ranged between 12,000 and 61,000.)

There are common-sense reasonable precautions people can take to minimize their risk of infection, such as wearing a mask in crowded public spaces, that are not at all equivalent to hiding in a bubble or staying home.  Taking basic precautions to protect yourself and-- importantly-- other people who may be more vulnerable to serious illness than you is common courtesy.

I'm sorry that you're "tired of hearing about" COVID-19.  I guess you're not as tough and brave as you pretend to be since you tire so easily of simply "hearing about" something that apparently has had no direct effect on you.  I note the irony of you writing "if my post triggered you, good luck in life" in a post that clearly demonstrates that you are easily triggered.  If COVID-19 is nothing to be worried about, why do you care whether other people take precautions?  What business is it of yours what other people do to protect their health and the health of others?  There are no more mask mandates.  No one is imposing anything on you.  Your post might have had some salience a year ago.  Now, it just makes you sound like an ignorant, thoughtless person.  Peddle your nonsense somewhere else.
    Well said
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited September 2022
    Fever free this morning after 3 mornings in a row with a high fever and all day garbage.  
    Hope this means it is passing on through.
    Speedy recovery to everyone dealing with this.

I've not taken a sick day in 20+ years and took the last two days.  That stated, I'm extremely lucky to be in strong health overall, especially since my wife is immune compromised.  I'll continue to try and keep her clear of it.

To the Captain Freedumb representative(s):  We are living our lives but this is many magnitudes greater in impact vs the flu (not the common cold, there is a difference...people pretending to be so smart should already know this) and it should be taken seriously if you live with or around people who are susceptible. 
     Why does it make you all cry so much to see other people be compassionate or to take their health seriously?  It is a personal issue, as you lot loved to say when you refused to participate in the global approach to safety these past few years.
    If you really believe what you spout off about than you should have no issue with people masking or trying to prevent spread of stuff as it does not impact you.  You can still go to Mickey half a dozen times over a few years.   Nobody wants to stop your love for the giant mouse.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved