Covid Nashville

Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!

Comments

• Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Nice response.

Hope you feel better, soon!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Feel better OP! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Get well soon and please move this to the Contact Tracing forum
  • Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    Oh I know that. I just wanted to let people know in case they get sick. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    Sorry to hear the grave news. You only have a 99.9 chance of survival at this point. I'll write in your obituary that you went out rocking at a pearl jam concert. Would you prefer for indifference or yellow ledbetter as your send off?
    Kind of insensitive and pretty funny at the same time! 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    long covid is real....i know a few who are a hell of lot more athletic than me, dont smoke & drink.....have had weird lingering things

be safe
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Feel better!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!
    thank you for letting us know! I see the sarcastic response but some of us who are I don't know maybe in the middle of f*cking cancer treatment or have someone compromised at home, really appreciate people who take it at least semi seriously. Hope you are doing ok!
  • No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.
  • No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.
    Good news is you are likely a part of the 100% that will survive the profanity.
    hippiemom = goodness
    No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.
    Good news is you are likely a part of the 100% that will survive the profanity.
    Lol.  

:rofl:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Just wanted to let the group know I tested positive this morning and I was in the pit in Nashville. Timing makes sense so that’s probably where I got it. Stay healthy people!
    thank you for letting us know! I see the sarcastic response but some of us who are I don't know maybe in the middle of f*cking cancer treatment or have someone compromised at home, really appreciate people who take it at least semi seriously. Hope you are doing ok!

Exactly.

It's pathetic that douchebags have to be...dicks about it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Thanks for sharing! I went to B&B Thursday, Nashville Friday, B&B Saturday, StL Sunday. Tested positive this morning. Fully vaxed, etc. Thought I was just getting old and couldn't recover, lol, but the extreme fatigue and sore throat I'm now convinced are symptoms. Be well, anyone who gets covid, be it from a show, or at the grocery store.

If I go, make it Red Mosquito to open the service. Close with Present Tense, please.*

Been to other events, etc. Seems the "superspreader" era is passed, but it does make me curious what that benchmark is. No real way of tracking the stuff at this point without contact tracing to events. Wonder if any particular show was truly a hotspot? Wouldn't surprise me if it were Nashville, with the massive amount of close-quarters bars surrounding the venue. Seemed I heard more folks doing extra partying there than at other concert stops. That's not scientific, purely speculation from observations. Easily could've been the bars, not the venue, we went to a couple bars before the show, Broadway was non-stop packed.

That said, the Nashville arena sounded fantastic.

*I get the sensitivity of death and immunocompromised. Gotta make light of some of my own personal situation. No one worth a grain of salt would ever wish someone to take it home unknowingly and infect someone high-risk. I hope anyone that faced exposure would take their own precautions and isolate/test before visiting high-risk family/friends after going to these kinds of events.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Thanks for letting us know. Hope everyone feels better soon!
  • Take care of yourself. This is my second time having covid and its hitting harder now than the first. Going on 3 weeks with crap and congestion still happening. No previous health concerns or anything, but it’s taking its sweet time leaving.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Yeah I’m a first timer so the last 24 hours have been no bueno haha but hoping it’ll be much better in a couple days. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    PJinIL said:
    Thanks for sharing! I went to B&B Thursday, Nashville Friday, B&B Saturday, StL Sunday. Tested positive this morning. Fully vaxed, etc. Thought I was just getting old and couldn't recover, lol, but the extreme fatigue and sore throat I'm now convinced are symptoms. Be well, anyone who gets covid, be it from a show, or at the grocery store.

If I go, make it Red Mosquito to open the service. Close with Present Tense, please.*

Been to other events, etc. Seems the "superspreader" era is passed, but it does make me curious what that benchmark is. No real way of tracking the stuff at this point without contact tracing to events. Wonder if any particular show was truly a hotspot? Wouldn't surprise me if it were Nashville, with the massive amount of close-quarters bars surrounding the venue. Seemed I heard more folks doing extra partying there than at other concert stops. That's not scientific, purely speculation from observations. Easily could've been the bars, not the venue, we went to a couple bars before the show, Broadway was non-stop packed.

That said, the Nashville arena sounded fantastic.

*I get the sensitivity of death and immunocompromised. Gotta make light of some of my own personal situation. No one worth a grain of salt would ever wish someone to take it home unknowingly and infect someone high-risk. I hope anyone that faced exposure would take their own precautions and isolate/test before visiting high-risk family/friends after going to these kinds of events.
    Had a similar reaction on the return trip from Toronto. Thought I just wasn't used to belting out lyrics along with the band and staying up late, then I spiked a fever/chills. Fortunately, the worst of my symptoms only lasted a few days, but my partner lost her sense of taste/smell (hopefully that doesn't last much longer).

Basically, if you have symptoms that  might be Covid, get tested. You'll probably be fine, but you never know who you might be spreading it to.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    It's Stone's fault
  • Sounds like someone caught the sarcasm virus.
  • Be well OP and all others.

I’m not sure how I feel about people posting they got (or already had and may have spread) Covid at shows.  I would probably prefer if they didn’t.  We’re in an era of living with it and no testing and tracing to speak of, as the policy of the land, so I’d probably prefer the concert experience to not be brought down by this info.  I think people know there’s a risk at shows.  

That being said, I just might wear my mask tonight.   
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Be well OP and all others.

I’m not sure how I feel about people posting they got (or already had and may have spread) Covid at shows.  I would probably prefer if they didn’t.  We’re in an era of living with it and no testing and tracing to speak of, as the policy of the land, so I’d probably prefer the concert experience to not be brought down by this info.  I think people know there’s a risk at shows.  

Yeah didn’t want to bum anyone out. Just wanted to simply inform people. No worries. 
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    rey said:
    It's Stone's fault
     =) 

Great post.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    No need for profanity. Let's keep it civil.
    Only if you yourself start practicing what you preach & keeping it civil... Which so far, nope, try again.
    Be well OP and all others.

Yeah didn’t want to bum anyone out. Just wanted to simply inform people. No worries. 
    It’s not bumming anyone out.  It’s part of the concert experience now so it’s fair game for sharing.  

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    It’s not a negative thought, I’m positive.

edited September 2022
    Be well OP and all others.

You did the right thing OP. Reality & important info should never be avoided because it might bum someone out. Bringing covid home to unsuspecting family or coworkers is a far bigger bummer!

And everyone please remember: if you have symptoms, don't rely on a negative home rapid test that you're really negative. Go get a PCR covid test from a doc/healthcare place. Much more accurate. 
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    URthekey said:
    It’s not a negative thought, I’m positive.

Yes, even the faintest of lines makes you totally positive. Feel better!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    edited September 2022
    I think this is part of going to concerts now.  I got Covid going to the Oakland shows earlier this year.

The things always going be spreading, I think the upside is we all seem to be getting less and less sick from it (from having had it, or from vaccines).  So it's still highly spreadable, but less severe.   My case was pretty mild.  I think the Oakland variant was a good one to get :)

Also to be fair I went with 2 friends.   The 2 of us that got Covid didn't wear masks, but the 3rd wore an N95, and he didn't get it.  So there's that :)
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Zod said:
    I think this is part of going to concerts now.  I got Covid going to the Oakland shows earlier this year.

The things always going be spreading, I think the upside is we all seem to be getting less and less sick from it (from having had it, or from vaccines).  So it's still highly spreadable, but less severe.   My case was pretty mild.  I think the Oakland variant was a good one to get :)

Also to be fair I went with 2 friends.   The 2 of us that got Covid didn't wear masks, but the 3rd wore an N95, and he didn't get it.  So there's that :)
    yeah but he lost his freedumbs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville