*** Pearl Jam Camden, NJ Fanviews 9/14/22 ***

Comments

• Parking was such a cluster but we managed to figured out how to come around from the other side and bypassed that long line (thank goodness!) and then whe we entered the lot, the attendant was like, "I love your guys' energy, you can park for free!" 

Just another pearl jam miracle to add to the list, like when we drove to msg from Boston without tix and got in for free! Show was incredible and def made up for getting shut out of msg.
  • MUZIK said:
    Yup I’m one of those setlist snobs 

But god damn.

For todays standards this as good as your going to get to see the greatest band in the world play.

After hearing wash oceans and hard to imagine in the first 4 songs played I could of left right there and been happy. 

Untitled into MFC! 

The encore was LITTT

i told my bro after SOLAT “ damn looks like we’re not getting breath tonight. “ 

Thank you to Richie and Dermit for requesting it.

out of the 50+ shows I’ve attended the only other time I can recall them playing SOLAT and Breath back to back was MSG2 98.

if anyone knows the last time they done it please mention it.

only complaint is that spot when they played Retrograde. It just didn’t flow with what songs were being played before it and after it. 

As for the crowd, it’s really hard to capture the energy when it’s outdoors. All I know is I rocked the fuck out.

Thanks PJ for making it in epic night, especially considering that I was out of the country and missed my first Pearl Jam show at the garden in 24 years.

✌️ 
    Breath/SOLAT in Charlottesville 2013 - still my fav setlist ever
    ram
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    phungi said:

As for Camden, this isn't early 2000 when they were playing there for the first time, yet traffic/access seems to be a surprise every time... if you look at a map there is clearly a river on one side of the venue, one bridge within a mile with two exits that feed directly into traffic lights and downtown Camden, one highway with only 2 exits that even remotely feed into the Waterfront, and almost no way to get close/quickly to the venue once traffic builds... if you park in a lot close to the venue, after the show you are likely 1) trapped in the lot, and 2) stuck in a LONG line of traffic to get back to the bridge or highway... the farther you park from the venue, the better you are set up for getting out... other than my first show there, I have parked on the street, about 5-6 blocks way (4th and Federal last night, $5.50 for the meter), never had a car break-in or problem, and always got in and out in 5-10 minutes.

It wasn't the getting out that was a problem, at least for me, It was the getting in. There was no direction from anyone as to where the remaining open lots were located. Thanks for the street tip. For those coming in late there were not many options. I did see some street spots but they were marked "resident only until 10pm."

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    ceska said:
    phungi said:

As for Camden, this isn't early 2000 when they were playing there for the first time, yet traffic/access seems to be a surprise every time... if you look at a map there is clearly a river on one side of the venue, one bridge within a mile with two exits that feed directly into traffic lights and downtown Camden, one highway with only 2 exits that even remotely feed into the Waterfront, and almost no way to get close/quickly to the venue once traffic builds... if you park in a lot close to the venue, after the show you are likely 1) trapped in the lot, and 2) stuck in a LONG line of traffic to get back to the bridge or highway... the farther you park from the venue, the better you are set up for getting out... other than my first show there, I have parked on the street, about 5-6 blocks way (4th and Federal last night, $5.50 for the meter), never had a car break-in or problem, and always got in and out in 5-10 minutes.

It wasn't the getting out that was a problem, at least for me, It was the getting in. There was no direction from anyone as to where the remaining open lots were located. Thanks for the street tip. For those coming in late there were not many options. I did see some street spots but they were marked "resident only until 10pm."

Do they still have a ferry going to Philadelphia from the venue? I remember years ago taking it but having to leave in the middle of the final song to make the boat.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • bryionak said:
    MUZIK said:
    i told my bro after SOLAT “ damn looks like we’re not getting breath tonight. “ 

Thank you to Richie and Dermit for requesting it.

✌️ 
    I had the same thought at the same time, crazy....

What a great time!  Just got back home in Fredericksburg, VA.  Love going into a show with tempered expectations and being blown away.  Got two of my most wanted, MFC and Leash.  Met a couple of great people, JP and Jack, which was nice since I ended up solo the whole trip.  Most of my pics came out crappy, not sure why I bothered.  LOL.
    OK, I shouldn't have had that thought anyway because my last show, Charlottesville 2013, had Breath into SOLAT.  And I didn't have too much trouble parking, I just couldn't find my car after the show.  By the time I found it, it wasn't too hard getting out, LOL.
    1994-4-08 Fairfax, VA GMU Patriot Center
    1996-9-24 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    1998-9-18 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    2006-5-30 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2008-6-22 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2010-5-13 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
    2022-9-14 Camden, NJ 
  • ha, and my first show had Breath > SOLAT
    1994-4-08 Fairfax, VA GMU Patriot Center
    1996-9-24 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    1998-9-18 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    2006-5-30 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2008-6-22 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2010-5-13 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
    2022-9-14 Camden, NJ 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    One of the most incredible/best Pearl Jam shows I’ve ever been to. Had it all, very rocking and just fantastic night. Was around lot of fun people, 2nd row behind that tiny pit…upgraded few days ago. Venue was cool, my 1st time…. Felt like alpine valley/Hartford 2008 venues… cool carnival like feel. Josh’s set was great. 

The set was FIRE…. Great high energy. After MSG, I had high hopes still… but was still floored by last night. 

Wasn’t able to get the poster there, but on the ride back to Long Island my gf snagged me one from todays sale 🙏….. cool print, & when you witness greatness, I was gonna get one no matter what…. An AP 🤙

so it’s over for me & PJ rest of the year… fantastic run

SD & (2) LAs started it … wonderful
    just did the Yankee game, Apollo ,MSG, & Camden…. Felt like weeklong Christmas…. The anticipation, pre gaming it, meeting great people… I’m just thankful and this smile I have won’t dissipate anytime soon

thank you Pearl Jam/ the great fans that got me into Apollo & gave us (2) msg gas…. I can’t thank those enough…. Will do my best to pay it forward somehow

amazing…. Had no ga’s prior to tour… upgraded 2/3 Cali shows to ga from F2F , almost got LA2 in lot… error message

msg got ga’s from a fan who couldn’t make it

camden went from 204 n to 104 b on F2F 

very memorable run…. I gave them my all, might lose my voice

many thanks
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm Tiki, and I approved this poster...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    i sort of need one of these posters.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    ceska said:
    phungi said:

Do they still have a ferry going to Philadelphia from the venue? I remember years ago taking it but having to leave in the middle of the final song to make the boat.
    Yes to the ferry. We stayed for the whole show and then walked to the ferry dock and got on the second boat, which meant a wait of about half an hour or less. Worked great for us as our hotel was less than a ten minute walk from the dock on the Philly side. I would happily do that arrangement again. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Show #20 for me and took the PATCO Train to and from. Anyone recovering more from parking rather than the show needs to use this next time.

That show was such a healing experience. Starting with the perfect opening song combo of Wash>Oceans>Daughter>HTI, this was a WOW for me. The rest of the night mixed introducing the new songs blended with classic PEARL JAM show staples. This show right after MSG has refilled my tank after not seeing a PJ for the last couple years. 
    Hope to see them again in 2023.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Nice to hear Ed give a shout out to the fabulous “Philadelphia’s” Dr J, but let’s not forget he was a product of Long Island, played his most exciting ball at Nassau Coliseum, before being stolen by the Sixers!
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    GlowGirl said:

I am too tired to write much now - but Wow!! I was on the rail for my first time, Leash completed Vs for me, and I came home with these two beauties. The Ed pick was handed to me after he used it on stage, and the Mike pick showed up in a shower of picks. Not to mention the set list. One of my favorite shows ever!!!
    Wow! Nice picks! Jealous of all you folks in GA- the pit looked like it was rocking all night!
  • Solat13 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My only small complaint is: we are all
    old and chances are have to work the next day or get back to the kids that night.  Josh finished his set at 8, why wait until 9:15 to start the show?  Let’s get going at 8:30 or even 8:45!
    Oh yeah, and the pit was waaaay packed.   
    I was on the rail by the steps by Mike where he and Ed would come over a lot. The venue security guard told me and again these are his words, that the band wanted to go on around 8:45 but there was some wiring/electrical problem on Mike's side of the stage and that is what caused the delay
         ( a good example of stuff that astrologers describe that can occur during retrograde mercury phases- lol/& smtimes no lol>  allow extra time to get where one has to go/ glitches, delays "happen"- remain flexible, & enjoy Pearl Jam, when & while. They've worked hard this year to bring some joy to many-   so glad . Thanks so much/ Peace )
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Was this the longest show of the tour so far? Nice to see them getting a bit closer to their marathon shows of old
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • AlaG said:
    I want to thank PJ for not giving the Balt people first shot at this show...

Glad everyone enjoyed it.  I'll enjoy the boot!
    People are still on this? Lol.

They’ll give Baltimore people a chance when they play Baltimore. Contrary to what this board would have you believe, not every 10C member travels 2+ hours to go to shows. Would be unfair to those people who actually live in Baltimore.
    I'll take a stab that most of the people that were going weren't from Baltimore, just a hunch Hoss.
  • What a show!! What a setlist!! Can't really add much to whats been said.  Wash then oceans.....jeez.   Was halfway up 202 and I thought the energy was great around me.  Like everyone else...highlights for me....deep, SOLAT, Breath, Hard to Imagine, Leash and since it caught me completely by surprise Inside Job.....what a fucking night it was
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited September 2022
    Great show last night! Crowd was great, solid setlist. wishlist party was fun. My only slight complaint being wish we could have gotten at least one or two more Gigaton songs (I know Superblood Wolfmoon was on the set list).

What SOundgarden shirt was Mike wearing? Never seen that one before? Also I know a lot of people didn't like Josh as an opener but I liked him. His cover of Nutshell was real good I thought.

With all due respect. please don't play Camden ever again! There's a reason I haven't seen a show there since '10 (besides last night). I got there around 1:30 and parked by the ferry and was going to take it over. Slight problem the ferry wasn't operating until 4:00, D'oh! Met another PJ fan there and he decided to just drive to the venue and asked if i wanted to join. SO that went ok, I paid for his PJ wishlist ticket. I thought I could sneak onto the ferry after the show but didn't want to risk it and so i texted a friend and asked if she could drive me back to the lot, she said yes. By the time I met with her and got to her car it was like 12:30 and with traffic and all getting ut was kinda a pain, but not too bad. my GPS was acting wonky on how to get back to penn's landing though (plus she drives really cautiously/slow). Eventually got to my car at about 1. I got home around 2am and woke up at 3:30 to get ready for work. Still worth it though :smile:
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Great show last night! Crowd was great, solid setlist. wishlist party was fun. My only slight complaint being wish we could have gotten at least one or two more Gigaton songs (I know Superblood Wolfmoon was on the set list).

What SOundgarden shirt was Mike wearing? Never seen that one before? Also I know a lot of people didn't like Josh as an opener but I liked him. His cover of Nutshell was real good I thought.

With all due respect. please don't play Camden ever again! There's a reason I haven't seen a show there since '10 (besides last night). I got there around 1:30 and parked by the ferry and was going to take it over. Slight problem the ferry wasn't operating until 4:00, D'oh! Met another PJ fan there and he decided to just drive to the venue and asked if i wanted to join. SO that went ok, I paid for his PJ wishlist ticket. I thought I could sneak onto the ferry after the show but didn't want to risk it and so i texted a friend and asked if she could drive me back to the lot, she said yes. By the time I met with her and got to her car it was like 12:30 and with traffic and all getting ut was kinda a pain, but not too bad. my GPS was acting wonky on how to get back to penn's landing though (plus she drives really cautiously/slow). Eventually got to my car at about 1. I got home around 2am and woke up at 3:30 to get ready for work. Still worth it though :smile:
    Ferry schedule is different when it’s for an event rather than the usual summer schedule - first ferry over is two hours before doors. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    ehbacon said:
    Was this the longest show of the tour so far? Nice to see them getting a bit closer to their marathon shows of old

This is the sweet spot. The length, having the chance to catch all those amazing “stool” songs that we used to get for encore 1, and last nights encore was unreal. This tour has evolved perfectly and it’s at its best right now. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    " one more with a bit of composure, and then after that we are gonna tear up the ......." EV before Hard to Imagine.
  • I just can’t believe they still sound so great over 30 years in. And it was great to see them at Camden again. It seems like it’s not a popular venue with fans, but I’ve always loved it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Show #27 for me, and IMO it was an instant classic! The Philly shows never disappoint! The band was firing on all cylinders, and the setlist was unbelievable! I thought it was a perfect complement to msg. The msg setlist was a little heavier on the hits, and this setlist was geared more towards the die-hards. One of the best opening sets of songs I’ve ever heard- wash, oceans, and HTI are all among my favorites. Hadn’t heard animal or deep in a while, and they were both stellar. From Untitled/MFC until the end of the main set, I felt the band was on fire. Loved the energy coming from the stage, and I felt the band was having a great time up there. And then just when I thought that the encores were starting to become a little too predictable, they absolutely blew me away! Inside job to open the encore was a real treat. And then the SOLAT-breath-crazy Mary-leash run was IMO the best part of the show. I thought the energy from both the band and crowd during this part of the show was just incredible!

The only downside was that my section (towards the back of 104) wasn’t as energetic during some of the deep cuts and new songs. Overall I felt the crowd was still great, but the energy level by me just didn’t quite reach the level of msg. But that’s to be expected comparing an arena show to an amphitheater. 

Thanks to the band for putting on yet another memorable show! Unfortunately this was the last show of the tour for me, but I couldn’t have asked for a better way to go out! I also had a blast meeting and hanging out with so many awesome people during the pre-party and show, including Jen, Keri, Valerie, Erik, Chris, and the million other people who’s names I can’t remember. The people make the experience for me as much as the band. Hope to see you all at some more shows real soon!
  • Solat13 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My only small complaint is: we are all
    old and chances are have to work the next day or get back to the kids that night.  Josh finished his set at 8, why wait until 9:15 to start the show?  Let’s get going at 8:30 or even 8:45!
    Oh yeah, and the pit was waaaay packed.   
    I was on the rail by the steps by Mike where he and Ed would come over a lot. The venue security guard told me and again these are his words, that the band wanted to go on around 8:45 but there was some wiring/electrical problem on Mike's side of the stage and that is what caused the delay
    This is very intriguing to me, because I was on Mike’s side of the stage and something was very wrong with the sound from his guitar. Much more feedback than usual (this was my tenth show) and a constant high pitch or squealing sound. Did anybody else notice this? Set list was fantastic but something was off with the sound.
    3/20/94--Ann Arbor, MI
    6/14/98--Washington, DC
    8/7/00--Atlanta, GA
    4/28/03--Philadelphia, PA
    10/3/05--Philadelphia, PA
    6/19/08--Camden, NJ
    10/31/09--Philadelphia, PA (viva la Spectrum)
    10/21/13--Philadelphia, PA
    4/29/16--Philadelphia, PA (a/k/a The Night They Played TEN)
    9/14/22–Camden, NJ
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Nice to hear Ed give a shout out to the fabulous “Philadelphia’s” Dr J, but let’s not forget he was a product of Long Island, played his most exciting ball at Nassau Coliseum, before being stolen by the Sixers!
    Sadly.. he could have been a Knick 🥲

When the ABA merged with the NBA, the Nets had to pay the Knicks $5 million because they were playing in the Knicks “territory”.  The Nets offered Dr. J to the Knicks in exchange for forgiving a portion of that fee but the Knicks declined.  So the Nets sold him to the Sixers instead to pay off their debts.  😭
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MS142392 said:
    Solat13 said:
    This is very intriguing to me, because I was on Mike’s side of the stage and something was very wrong with the sound from his guitar. Much more feedback than usual (this was my tenth show) and a constant high pitch or squealing sound. Did anybody else notice this? Set list was fantastic but something was off with the sound.
    I was towards the back of section 204 (mike's side) and also found the audio quality to be poor, unfortunately. Very little clarity in the mid range led to Mike and Stone's guitar parts being very hard to discern from one another and caused the overall mix to sound quite muddy. Drums also sounded distorted, almost electronic. Definitely could have been a problem stemming from the PA on that side. I'm glad to hear that so many had such an awesome experience, but for me, the audio quality where I was standing kept me from becoming fully immersed. Regardless, awesome setlist and hugely positive experience and I'm so glad I could attend!
  • Another amazing show and instant classic. I feel so spoiled for being able to attend MSG and Camden. What other band in the world can play back to back shows and have them both be so completely totally different not just in set list but in vibe too? The greatest live band in the world and it isn't even close.

Loved the set list and I was genuinely shocked they went over 25 songs. I thought it was going to be Alive after SOLAT but we still got Breath and Leash! That was truly awesome. The sound was great. The band is just playing at a different level right now. They are locked in.

Also, great to see Stone more into it. I thought the only downside of the MSG show was he seemed so disinterested. He was on fire here though.

Crowd was fantastic too. True, probably not as good as MSG, but still top notch. I did have some annoying people around me who wouldn't shut the fuck up during the show because they were only there to see Better Man and Alive and did not know any of the other songs. Just infuriates me when people talk during the entire show. Luckily I did my best to ignore it and just enjoy the music. I haven't jumped that much and that high in a long time!! 

Once again, thank you Pearl Jam for a magical night. Hard to express how special the band is to me and what they do. 
  • MUZIK said:

only complaint is that spot when they played Retrograde. It just didn’t flow with what songs were being played before it and after it. 

✌️ 
    I love Retrograde, but I see this point. It definitely messed up the flow of the show in this spot. Regardless, this is a great setlist, and I was at MSG on Sunday. I'd have moved heaven and earth to be there Wednesday, but I was out of town for work. 

Here's hoping for a 2023 tour!
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wasn’t able to get the poster there, but on the ride back to Long Island my gf snagged me one from todays sale 🙏…..
    Definitely bummed I missed this sale. Wasn’t expecting it to happen so quickly and without notice from 10C. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wasn’t able to get the poster there, but on the ride back to Long Island my gf snagged me one from todays sale 🙏…..
    Definitely bummed I missed this sale. Wasn’t expecting it to happen so quickly and without notice from 10C. 
    It was just the artist sale, the 10c sale should still come up