Options

Perth gig

2»

Comments

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Pearl Jam: Go, Animal, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, World Wide Suicide, In Hiding, Even Flow, Daughter / (Mother), U, Insignificance, Jeremy, Big Wave, Lukin, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Last Kiss, Better Man / (Save It For Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Why Go, I Got You, Blood, Rockin' In The Free World

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    edwho wrote:
    Pearl Jam: Go, Animal, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, World Wide Suicide, In Hiding, Even Flow, Daughter / (Mother), U, Insignificance, Jeremy, Big Wave, Lukin, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Last Kiss, Better Man / (Save It For Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive

Thanks for putting this up!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    innaneinnane Posts: 33
    standard setlist....nuthing spesh

"U" being only rarity acting as some goulash to spice the stew up
    CAUTION: This sign has sharp edges. Do not touch the edges of this sign
  • Options
    edwho wrote:

i've been waiting all night for this- thanks pal!!!!
    adelaide 2003, madrid 2006, marseille 2006, paris 2006, melbourne 2006, adelaide x 2 2006,
  • Options
    UrujamUrujam Posts: 53
    I GOT YOU, 4º time in 16 years!
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Urujam wrote:
    I GOT YOU, 4º time in 16 years!

They played it last Saturday in Sydney
  • Options
    UrujamUrujam Posts: 53
    Yes, I know...

http://www.pearljam.com/songs/song.php?song=IGotYou

First Played
    June 20, 2000
    Arena di Verona
    Verona, Italy

Last Played
    November 18, 2006
    Acer Arena
    Sydney, Australia

Total Times Played
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • Options
    Saw/heard them do TYAAM in Brisbane in '98
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    innane wrote:
    i predict whale song as opener..........hey stranger things have happened

cropduster opened a show in 2003......LOL CROPDUSTER

Lexington, decent show. I think "Cropduster" worked well as an opener, and there are quite a few highlights from that show. Charged with great versions of "Immortality", "Last Exit", "Smile" and great merge of "Do the Evolution"/"Blood". Also, a contender for the best version of "Thumbing My Way" I've heard.

A lot of fuck-ups, too. I don't know if they just didn't dig the crowd or were sour with someone, but after "Jeremy" they almost sound like they're scuttling the rest of the show. (Unless you consider yodeling in "Jeremy" an improvement). Then forgetting just about all the lyrics to "Breath"-- enough to make you cringe to listen to it (except for the "Jack-fuckin'-Irons!" call); bungling staples like "Black" and "Go", and just general chaos after the end of the main set. "Glorfied G." brings things back into focus, but then the band falls apart again. And, what has to be without a doubt the worst Pearl Jam cover of "I Am a Patriot" on record. It's horrendous, out-of-tune and discordant. Usually they work it and create something majestic, in Kentucky it just sounded like nails on chalkboard.

innane wrote:
    yeah but in a totally unrelated note EVERYONE GO AND WATCH BORAT AS SOON AS U CAN.......U WILL NOT STOP LAUGHING........

believe the hype, its that damn funny

Keeps making news because everyone that appeared in the movie wants to sue S.B.C. to get more money, since it turned out to become a box-office hit. There isn't such a thing as bad publicity, still going strong here in the states.
  • Options
    Saw/heard them do TYAAM in Brisbane in '98
    Yep...awesome!!! I was there last night and also saw them sing it in 2003 with Mark Seymore (the guy who wrote the song, from Hunters and Collectors)....that was really cool.
  • Options
    Just posted this on the other forum, but I thought you guys could have a good laugh at this idiot.

This review was in The West today.

I've scanned it at supersize, so you can read it easily.

I also underlined a bit that I found hilarious; the fact that PJ played "Given to Fire" Rolling Eyes

So, not only did this dickhead reviewer absolutely hate the show, and have a big bitch about it, but he couldn't even get the song names right.

Click to see it.
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5026/perthreview2bq3.jpg
  • Options
    Meggles wrote:
    Just posted this on the other forum, but I thought you guys could have a good laugh at this idiot.

This review was in The West today.

I've scanned it at supersize, so you can read it easily.

I also underlined a bit that I found hilarious; the fact that PJ played "Given to Fire" Rolling Eyes

So, not only did this dickhead reviewer absolutely hate the show, and have a big bitch about it, but he couldn't even get the song names right.

Click to see it.
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5026/perthreview2bq3.jpg

It's strange how people try to make good qualities sound like faults! What an idiot. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    It's strange how people try to make good qualities sound like faults! What an idiot. :p
    I hate the fact that he said Ed showed "little emotion"!

Eddie shows nothing BUT emotion!!
  • Options
    Meggles wrote:

Yeah, maybe we should go throw eggs at the reviewer's house. ;):D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Meggles wrote:

Was this cockhead at the same concert!!!!???? Ed always shows a lot of emotion, but IMO he showed even more than usual on Saturday night....he seemed completely in awe of the whole experience and seemed really humbled!! You could never get a more emotional, passionate performer than ED....and I'm not just saying this because I worship the guy either. We were talking to a guy after the show, who wasn't a fan, but had gone with his wife and all he kept saying was about how much emotion and passion Eddie put into it. Bugger the eggs I say bomb his house with Jam and bring on the swarms of bee's!!!! :eek: ooh ahh!!! Did I really say that? I'm usually such a gentle gal :eek:
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    DinghyDog wrote:
    w.h.a.t a d.i.c.k.h.e.a.d.!

by that standard anyone can become a bloody journalist.

he's allowed to have his opinion but that doesn't not make him a fool.

no wonder i don't read the west! hahaha
    Hey I haven't read the West yet! I'm heading off to read it now for myself haha
  • Options
    I just read it what a laugh! 'He's lean on the Mic was out of Sync'...like WTF?

There was a review of the Sydney Night 1 show in the West last week or the week before saying about the Encore unless you were a die-hard fan it was torture! just cracks me up
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    Do you think they filmed the other night for a DVD? Would be awesome if they did. It was a perfect night.
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
    'Given To Fire'

Not heard of that one before!
  • Options
    Wally wrote:
    Do you think they filmed the other night for a DVD? Would be awesome if they did. It was a perfect night.
    I hope they did...and your right there it was a perfect night.:)
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    Lets hope so.
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
    I think what is most amusing about the review in the West is that it seems to be a review of Ed and his character rather than the band, their music or even the concert...