Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    If anyone else here is still scheduled to catch a JWIII show, I have a favor to ask.

My son really wanted a hoodie at our first show, but they didn't have any kid sizes, so we got a hat and poster instead. After the fact, I realized that I could've just bought him a small and he would grow into it. I mean, the kid is not going to cease being a JWIII fan anytime soon. 

I thought that I saw the same hoodie online at the Third Man Store and figured if we couldn't just get him the hoodie at the Portland show, we'd order it from the shop, but it's a different hoodie. And they only had medium and large in Portland. It could just be (as the title of the tour suggests) supply chain issues, but I wasn't going to buy a medium. That one would nearly fit me!

So the favor: If anyone planning on attending a future JWIII Supply Chain Issues tour stop sees this note and wishes to help, could you please pick up a size small hoodie (they only had one; it has a white circle on it, kind of like an eclipse ring) for the boy? I'll pay you back plus postage and PJ goodies.

Hoodie design on left (not my photo).

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    dankind said:
    If anyone else here is still scheduled to catch a JWIII show, I have a favor to ask.

My son really wanted a hoodie at our first show, but they didn't have any kid sizes, so we got a hat and poster instead. After the fact, I realized that I could've just bought him a small and he would grow into it. I mean, the kid is not going to cease being a JWIII fan anytime soon. 

I thought that I saw the same hoodie online at the Third Man Store and figured if we couldn't just get him the hoodie at the Portland show, we'd order it from the shop, but it's a different hoodie. And they only had medium and large in Portland. It could just be (as the title of the tour suggests) supply chain issues, but I wasn't going to buy a medium. That one would nearly fit me!

So the favor: If anyone planning on attending a future JWIII Supply Chain Issues tour stop sees this note and wishes to help, could you please pick up a size small hoodie (they only had one; it has a white circle on it, kind of like an eclipse ring) for the boy? I'll pay you back plus postage and PJ goodies.

I'm going to Ohana with my wife.  I'm happy to do it,  but you will have to remind me when the weekend comes.  I won't remember a month from now.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I'm going to Ohana with my wife.  I'm happy to do it,  but you will have to remind me when the weekend comes.  I won't remember a month from now.  
    Thank you!

I'll try to remember myself.

I hope that Ohana is still going on when my daughter is old enough to drive herself to hockey and hold down the fort with her bro. It looks like a perfect festival for a romantic getaway. My wife surfs, so she would be in heaven.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Thank you!

I'll try to remember myself.

I hope that Ohana is still going on when my daughter is old enough to drive herself to hockey and hold down the fort with her bro. It looks like a perfect festival for a romantic getaway. My wife surfs, so she would be in heaven.
    That's why we go. It's a weekend getaway to the sea. It's amazing.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Show in KC last night was absolutely incredible. Cut Like a Buffalo & Ball & Biscuit were my favorites. So much fun & both Jack and the crowd were pumped.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Show in KC last night was absolutely incredible. Cut Like a Buffalo & Ball & Biscuit were my favorites. So much fun & both Jack and the crowd were pumped.
    I think Cuts live is awesome.  I love that he plays it a fair amount.  

I think Jack has a good feel about which of his lesser known songs translate live well.  For example, Slowly Turning Into You, isn't exactly a hit, but he plays it a lot and it friggin' rocks.  
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    mfc2006 said:
    It was a great show!  What did you think of the poster...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    he's been posting pictures of White Stripes and now Dead Weather on his instagram. The speculation is going wild. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    he's been posting pictures of White Stripes and now Dead Weather on his instagram. The speculation is going wild. 
    I’d travel to a dead weather show.  I like JW a lot but not sure I’m going to the show in my city in a few weeks.

I know I probably should 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I’d travel to a dead weather show.  I like JW a lot but not sure I’m going to the show in my city in a few weeks.

I know I probably should 
    yes you should....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

I know I probably should 
    This is crazy talk. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    mrussel1 said:

I know I probably should 
    This is crazy talk. 
    Smashing pumpkins is a little over a week later. I’m not convinced that show is happening anyway so I might.

I’ll probably wait a bit as there seems to be a fair amount of inventory. 

Bruce tickets might require the entire concert fund though 😂
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    mrussel1 said:

I know I probably should 
    This is crazy talk. 
    Smashing pumpkins is a little over a week later. I’m not convinced that show is happening anyway so I might.

I’ll probably wait a bit as there seems to be a fair amount of inventory. 

Bruce tickets might require the entire concert fund though 😂
    Yeah no doubt.  I think I'll get those day of show when people get desperate.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I know I probably should 
    BEST. SHOW. EVER. 

GO. SEE. HIM. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    It was a great show!  What did you think of the poster...
    I passed on it. Wasn’t really a fan of it at all. He’s had some amazing posters on this tour, but that was not one of them.

Regarding his DW/Raconteurs posts…would be awesome if there is new music/tours coming from both bands. We’ve seen both live & would again in a heartbeat.

To anyone on the fence about seeing Jack on this tour, go to the show. He & his band are on fire.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

"INTRODUCING VAULT PACKAGE #54: Jack White Live "The Supply Chain Issues Tour" on 3xLP. Disc 1 on blue vinyl includes live recordings from the fiery album #FearOfTheDawn. Disc 2 on white vinyl, features Jack's intimate Union Chapel show in London, and Disc 3 on black vinyl showcases his improvisation of several cover songs and off-the-top-of-his-head compositions. Additionally, a 7” single of “A Tip From You To Me” with the unreleased b-side solo acoustic demo pressed on sparkly blue vinyl will be included in this one of a kind package."

Based on how good all the official boots have sounded for this tour this will be top notch.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    ^^ Thinking of getting this, but am not an active member. I can rejoin, get it, then cancel, correct?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    DC29940 said:

"INTRODUCING VAULT PACKAGE #54: Jack White Live "The Supply Chain Issues Tour" on 3xLP. Disc 1 on blue vinyl includes live recordings from the fiery album #FearOfTheDawn. Disc 2 on white vinyl, features Jack's intimate Union Chapel show in London, and Disc 3 on black vinyl showcases his improvisation of several cover songs and off-the-top-of-his-head compositions. Additionally, a 7” single of “A Tip From You To Me” with the unreleased b-side solo acoustic demo pressed on sparkly blue vinyl will be included in this one of a kind package."

Based on how good all the official boots have sounded for this tour this will be top notch.
    Well the last three live records have been cut to lacquer too quietly, in my opinion.  They lack life.  If you really crank the volume, they come back, but I think the mix is too low.  
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Pulling me back in with this Vault. At least I've got until the end of October to decide 100% I'm in.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    pjpitt89 said:
    ^^ Thinking of getting this, but am not an active member. I can rejoin, get it, then cancel, correct?
    Correct, for the past few I have signed up for the vault and then immeditely canceled the same day. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    AW124797 said:
    Will it be like Icky so you get the actual record?  Or will it be like the other ones where you get some throwaways and not even a fresh pressing.  
  • I remember buying Elephant when it came out and didn't care for it.  That whole wave of new music that I love now I wasn't into back then.  I was still into angry music, lol.  I tried Black Rebel Motorcycle club, The Strokes, Hot Hot Heat and others and it didn't move the needle.
    edited January 2023
    I remember buying Elephant when it came out and didn't care for it.  That whole wave of new music that I love now I wasn't into back then.  I was still into angry music, lol.  I tried Black Rebel Motorcycle club, The Strokes, Hot Hot Heat and others and it didn't move the needle.
    I absolutely loved Elephant when it came out. I remember buying it on release day and taking it home that afternoon and had it on my turntable for days. Ball and Biscuit was one of my favourites.Then I heard the US was on red and white vinyl and got my local shop to import that as well which wasn't cheap. Im going to say it was about £20-25. It was the first time I had variants of the same record. Still have the US pressing but I sold the UK copy years later but wish I hadn't, preferred that sleeve. 
    edited January 2023
    AW124797 said:
    Elephant XX is next.
    Just when you hope for a break, the Vault pulls you back in. I'll be perfectly honest and say its probably more than I want to spend but I just can't resist a White Stripes record. It will be interesting to hear this in mono and cant let the White Stripes 7" collection slip.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
    FR181798 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Elephant XX is next.
    Just when you hope for a break, the Vault pulls you back in. I'll be perfectly honest and say its probably more than I want to spend but I just can't resist a White Stripes record. It will be interesting to hear this in mono and cant let the White Stripes 7" collection slip.
    Yeah Mono mix from original tapes?  I'm in...
  • FR181798 said:
    I remember buying Elephant when it came out and didn't care for it.  That whole wave of new music that I love now I wasn't into back then.  I was still into angry music, lol.  I tried Black Rebel Motorcycle club, The Strokes, Hot Hot Heat and others and it didn't move the needle.
    I absolutely loved Elephant when it came out. I remember buying it on release day and taking it home that afternoon and had it on my turntable for days. Ball and Biscuit was one of my favourites.Then I heard the US was on red and white vinyl and got my local shop to import that as well which wasn't cheap. Im going to say it was about £20-25. It was the first time I had variants of the same record. Still have the US pressing but I sold the UK copy years later but wish I hadn't, preferred that sleeve. 
    Dummy me it was de stijl.  Before Elephant.  
    edited January 2023
    FR181798 said:
    I had an original Sympathy for the Record Industry copy of De Stijl and got rid because I had an XL copy. Bit of a mistake that. I've done a few stupid things like that but slowly learned.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    I had an original Sympathy for the Record Industry copy of De Stijl and got rid because I had an XL copy. Bit of a mistake that. I've done a few stupid things like that but slowly learned.
    Whoops!
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    yeah I've learned that I don't sell records, even if I plan to do so.