Options

Who is Mark Richards?

bandagedhandbandagedhand Posts: 25
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
somehow related to the setlists or Newcatle or sumthin?...
i wish i was a messenger and all the news was good (the guitar riff in the background)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WHO IS MARK ??
    He only is a 4 times surfing world champion. big wave legend. fantastic surfboard maker and a bloody nice guy to boot. google him.
    He and ed have been friends for a while. Ed looked up to him as a young bloke. Sat next to him on an airplane when Ed was a youngster and mark was world champion. Mark is also a chronic PJ lover. thus the set from heaven
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    MR was asked by the band if he'd like anything special for the Newcastle show, and jokingly he replied, I'll write the setlist.

Whether or not they realised he was joking the band agreed and we received the show of our lives! :D:D
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
  • Options
    A fans setlist
    a real fan, not somebody who bought ten and vrs and nothing else.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Mark Richards is awesome.

We were at the Premier when he came around. Someone asked if he was going to hang with the band or anything before the show. His reply was, "nah, gotta pick up the kids up". That made me laugh.
  • Options
    One of the funniest moments at Melb 2 for me was when they dedicated Big Wave to Mark Richards, and I look over at him and he looked like he was falling asleep in a chair at the side of the stage. lol Musta had a hard tour as well. :P
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    He is responsible for the best setlist of the tour.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I didn't know who he was either, then I wikipedia'd him :)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    He's a very nice guy with a lovely family who gave me a ride to my hotel after the show in newcastle when I was lost in the dark :)
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    He's a very nice guy with a lovely family who gave me a ride to my hotel after the show in newcastle when I was lost in the dark :)

Yep thats our mark. how was he that night. he was still beaming a week later when I visited him at his shop. Said setlists are very stressfull esp when you have somthing like 10 club to answer to if you stuff it
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE