So what upcoming shows are you currently holding tickets to?

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat said:
    heres where I'm at now

RATM July 27 Cleveland
    Oxley AA Conference July 29-31          Oxley, Ontario, Canada
    Marc Maron Aug 4 Columbus
    Roger Waters Aug 10 Columbus
    Iron Maiden Oct 7 Columbus
    The Who Oct 9 Columbus

added
    RATM Apr 2 2023 Detroit

added Judas Priest with Queensryche
    Oct 22 The Masonic Detroit

looking to add  Joe Walsh and Friends present
    VetsAid
    James Gang
    Dave Grohl
    Nine Inch Nails
    The Black Keys
    The Breeders

Nov 13 Columbus
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Waiting waiting waiting haha, forgot about that aspect of club shows!
    How was the show?

Great, but LOUD!!!  I had to wear ear plugs AND headphones, but stayed for the whole first set.  The evening was a real mixed bag.  I loved seeing this, one of my most favorite bands, but like most rock music today, it was too loud and I couldn't sleep much last night with my tinnitus bumped up to extreme.  The songs were great and right before the break (at which point I had to leave), they played my favorite Dream Syndicate song, "Glide".  That was amazing! 
    One sad, sad note about the show, there were probably only 3 dozen people in attendance.  I can't understand how the turn out could be so low.  I felt so bad for this great band who have been doing it for 40 years to only have 36 or so people show up.  A major WTF. 
    I'm waiting for my wife to send some pictures she took on her phone.  Also a 45 second clip of "Glide", but for some reason she is having trouble sending them.
    Thus ends my 57 years of seeing great live music.  After the show we went to a quiet place with outdoor seating for a late desert and my wife expressed sadness when I told here I won't be doing any more live music shows.  I told her, "There's not need to feel sorry for me!  I am so luck to see so much great music all these years.  And what a great way to cap it all off!" 
    Truly, it's been terrific!
    Here's the one pre-show photo she has been able to send to my email:
    IMG

I am glad you enjoyed the show, but I am sorry about the hearing situation you are going through. When I was younger, it was a badge of courage to go to a show and have the ringing and muffled hearing for days after a loud show. The only thing that probably saved my hearing from becoming really bad was that when I joined the Navy and started having kids, I stopped going to  a lot of shows because of not having the funds to go and the hassle of finding someone to watch the kids. We have started to go back to shows in the last few years, but we wear ear plugs. It might not be very rock and roll, but my over 50 year old ears certainly appreciate it. 

Very wise of you to wear ear plugs!  My wife was with me at  the Dream Syndicate show and she wore ear plugs. 
    I got to thinking about this again last night.  I really bugs me that almost all shows are so loud.  In years past, although some were over-the-top loud, most shows were not as high volume.  When I saw The Who in 1968, Blue Cheer opened for them and they were insanely loud.  But The Who were not yet into their ultra loud phase and they were far more pleasant to hear because of that. More often than not, shows were not ear bleeding loud.
    But yes, I'm also biased for obvious reasons!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Black Uhuru 05/09/22
    Bret McKenzie 01/10/22
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    8/17 - Red Hot Chili Peppers/Strokes - NJ
    8/23 - Decemberists - NYC
    9/3 - Pearl Jam - Ottawa
    9/6 - Pearl Jam - Hamilton
    9/8 - Pearl Jam - Toronto
    9/11 - Pearl Jam - NYC
    9/14 - Pearl Jam - Camden
    9/28 - Gaslight Anthem - NYC
    11/20 - The Smile - NYC

• KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    8/19 - Jack White - Toronto
    8/21 - Red Hot Chili Peppers -Toronto
    9/1 - Pearl Jam - Quebec City
    9/3 - Pearl Jam - Ottawa
    9/6 - Pearl Jam - Hamilton
    9/8 - Pearl Jam - Toronto
    9/11 - Pearl Jam - NYC (my bday show!)
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    heres where I'm at now

RATM July 27 Cleveland
    Oxley AA Conference July 29-31          Oxley, Ontario, Canada
    Marc Maron Aug 4 Columbus
    Roger Waters Aug 10 Columbus
    Iron Maiden Oct 7 Columbus
    The Who Oct 9 Columbus

added
    RATM Apr 2 2023 Detroit

added Judas Priest with Queensryche
    Oct 22 The Masonic Detroit

looking to add  Joe Walsh and Friends present
    VetsAid
    James Gang
    Dave Grohl
    Nine Inch Nails
    The Black Keys
    The Breeders

Nov 13 Columbus

DID add VetsAid     
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    added Teenage Head (80's canadian punk rock act) Aug 18 (and Trent Carr from Headstones is touring with them!). 
    guitarist Gord Lewis was murdered over the weekend. WTF
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    edited August 2022
    Just added Duran Duran with Nile Rodgers and Chic, and The Marcus King Band. 

Aug 10th - Phish
    Aug 18th - Wilco & Bahamas
    Aug 19th - Jack White

Aug 22nd - Duran Duran & Nile Rodgers & Chic
    Aug 28th - The War On Drugs
    Aug 30th - The Shins
    Sept 3rd - Florence + The Machine
    Sept 6th - Pearl Jam
    Sept 7th - Idles
    Sept 8th - Pearl Jam
    Sept 14th - Courtney Barnett

Sept 20th - The Marcus King Band 
    Sept 19th - Osees
    Sept 22nd - The Sheepdogs (Montreal)
    Sept 24th - JOHNNY MARR & the killers (Montreal)
    Oct 2nd - The Who
    Oct 5th - The Mars Volta
    Oct 8th - Nick Mason
    Oct 13th - Billy Bragg
    Oct 26th - Kurt Vile & The Violators
    Nov 8th - Puscifer
    Nov 26th - The Smile
    Dec 1st - Arcade Fire with Beck
    Post edited by qontheboard on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Nice list!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Pearl Jam slots in at # 65, 2 spots below Motley Crue at 63. Another win for Sixx in the Sixx vs. Vedder battle royale.

072522_top.touring.artists_1020.pdf (pollstar.com)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Pearl Jam slots in at # 65, 2 spots below Motley Crue at 63. Another win for Sixx in the Sixx vs. Vedder battle royale.

yeah well, for now. Thing is PJ can still tour on new music........

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

Sure. But who, except for a handful of fanatics on these forums, is going to see Pearl Jam to hear new music?

Similar to Mötley Crüe (and the Stones and U2, for that matter), they are a legacy classic rock act.

If you want to hear new music, go see Painted Shield if they tour (or Sixx:A.M., I guess?).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

Sure. But who, except for a handful of fanatics on these forums, is going to see Pearl Jam to hear new music?

Similar to Mötley Crüe (and the Stones and U2, for that matter), they are a legacy classic rock act.

If you want to hear new music, go see Painted Shield if they tour (or Sixx:A.M., I guess?).
    if that were true, you'd hear crickets during all their new songs. which just flat out is not the case. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

if that were true, you'd hear crickets during all their new songs. which just flat out is not the case. 
    I didn't "hear crickets" during Paul McCartney's new songs either, but the crowd as a whole was certainly more responsive to "Helter Skelter" and the like.

I could say the same for the Pearl Jam shows I saw in 2013, which was the last time I saw them when they had new music. So while I may have been excited to see how they pulled off the Lightning Bolt songs live when they played them, most of the people around me were waiting to hear "Given to Fly" and the like.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

I didn't "hear crickets" during Paul McCartney's new songs either, but the crowd as a whole was certainly more responsive to "Helter Skelter" and the like.

I could say the same for the Pearl Jam shows I saw in 2013, which was the last time I saw them when they had new music. So while I may have been excited to see how they pulled off the Lightning Bolt songs live when they played them, most of the people around me were waiting to hear "Given to Fly" and the like.
    that's way different than being a legacy act. even at the height of a band's fame, the crowd always reacts differently to the biggest songs. 

I can tell you for a fact that every hard core Crue fan I know wouldn't have a clue what songs are on Generation Swine, (or anything after) and there's a reason Crue play zero of it (or anything that's not a hit) live. There's a reason PJ would never re-record a version of Corduroy and slap it on a new release (Shout At The Devil '97, anyone?). They don't have to. Crue does. 

There's obviously going to be a certain segment of people that only know the first 3 or so albums, but that's a minority. The Crue's crowd, it's a majority. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

Paul McCartney makes a joke that when he plays new songs he can tell people aren’t as into it because he can’t see as many cell phones being held up to take videos. 
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:

Paul McCartney makes a joke that when he plays new songs he can tell people aren’t as into it because he can’t see as many cell phones being held up to take videos. 
    Right. "But we're going to play it anyway...."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ComeToTX said:
    Nice list!
    Thanks. I'm a bit of a concert junkie.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    RATM- 8/11 MSG
    Korn- 8/28 Jones Beach
    RHCP- 9/3 Philly
    PJ - 9/11 MSG
    PJ- 9/14  Camden
    Billy Joel- 11/23 MSG
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    I have tickets for the following:
    Pearl Jam-Nashville
    War On Drugs-Athens
    My Morning Jacket-Wilmington, Asheville, Louisville
    Bruce Springsteen-Atlanta
  • rett1448rett1448 Posts: 26
    i got 2 for PJ NJ camden 
    1 for PJ CO 
    ticket for plane 
    wait is this for selling 
    nm 
    not nevermind 
    i cant effing wait 
    hope i win apollo NYC siriusxm thing 
    im so freaking excited i could vomit 🤮 
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    PJ 9/11 and 9/16
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    RTJ & RATM last show Sunday.
    added Teenage Head (80's canadian punk rock act) Aug 18 (and Trent Carr from Headstones is touring with them!). 
    guitarist Gord Lewis was murdered over the weekend. WTF
    The tour is going ahead. double WTF
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Just bought tickets to see Drive By Truckers tomorrow at The Caverns! Excited! It’s actually a cave!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Very jealous. That place looks amazing!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    ComeToTX said:
    Very jealous. That place looks amazing!
    It was awesome! Took my son with me. 2.5 hours and 28 songs! It was a blast.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Going to see Alice in Chains tonight!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Guys trip to MSG for PJ.  So in turn......

I got Stevie Nicks tix for my wife and her girlfriend
    Caamp tix for my daughter and her BF
    Now just something for my son. Had gotten him jpegmafia tix back in the spring but he cancelled. So need to come up with something else for him. Perhaps MMJ in Boston next month