MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Man, Sale is one unlucky mofo
    Update
    It's comical at this point -- unless, of course, you're Chris Sale, I bet.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Update
    It's comical at this point -- unless, of course, you're Chris Sale, I bet.
    Or unless you're the one signing his massive paycheck twice every month
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    edited August 2022
    PJNB said:
    Angels hit 7 homers and lose 8 to 7. What a year.
    They are the Tiger Woods of baseball.  They always make headlines even when they lose...
    Well if you ignore the parts where Tiger Woods is an all time great & won a shit-ton.  Sure.  :)

Well we have Trout and Ohtani that have won mutiple MVP's over the years and the first dual player in 100 so, you know, let's not ignore that...
    Ha.  OK.  We are fans, which of course stands for fanatics, which of course would describe the person who would compare a franchise with one World Series to an all time great.  ;)
    You said "won shit".  Well, they won shit.  It's not like they have players that accumulate nothing.

EDIT:  I have said this in relation to the Halos as being Tger Woods before "They talk about what the Angels did even when they lose."  Meaning even when Tiger lost he was still the story...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Update
    Broke his right wrist riding a Bicycle. (can't make this shit up with all of the freak injuries he's had this year)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited August 2022
    PJNB said:
    They are the Tiger Woods of baseball.  They always make headlines even when they lose...
    Well if you ignore the parts where Tiger Woods is an all time great & won a shit-ton.  Sure.  :)

Well we have Trout and Ohtani that have won mutiple MVP's over the years and the first dual player in 100 so, you know, let's not ignore that...
    Ha.  OK.  We are fans, which of course stands for fanatics, which of course would describe the person who would compare a franchise with one World Series to an all time great.  ;)
    You said "won shit".  Well, they won shit.  It's not like they have players that accumulate nothing.

EDIT:  I have said this in relation to the Halos as being Tger Woods before "They talk about what the Angels did even when they lose."  Meaning even when Tiger lost he was still the story...
    I said tiger wins a shit-ton.
    Either way, don't let it chap your angels loving butt, just laughing at the Fandom.  I'm a fan, too, I get it!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yeah, the Angels and Tiger can't be compared, in any capacity.

The Angels have as much in common with Tiger Woods as I do
    PJNB said:

Either way, don't let it chap your angels loving butt, just laughing at the Fandom.  I'm a fan, too, I get it!

You two both missed the point...  People still are talking about the Angels, same thing w Tiger when he lost, they talked about him regardless.

That's a very good comparison... I'm not comparing his winning to the Halos insufferable winning percentage.
    Headlines for the Yankees game, Judge hits 45 but they lost.  I really only care that he hit one.  Yanks will be fine.  They are in the playoffs even if they play 500 ball I believe.

Judge please keep hitting HR's!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    PJNB said:

You two both missed the point...  People still are talking about the Angels, same thing w Tiger when he lost, they talked about him regardless.

That's a very good comparison... I'm not comparing his winning to the Halos insufferable winning percentage.
    Talking about Trout and Ohtani isn’t really talking about the Angels other than to say that they deserve better.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    DewieCox said:
    PJNB said:

Talking about Trout and Ohtani isn’t really talking about the Angels other than to say that they deserve better.
    Those poor guys.  So amazingly talented.

They deserve better.
    DewieCox said:
    PJNB said:

DewieCox said:
    PJNB said:

Those poor guys.  So amazingly talented.

They deserve better.
    From the top down we need new management.

I think Trout is done though.  3 years in a row w injuries and this latest one a huge debilitating one.  It was fun watching him when he was at his best.
    A shame when you have a great player who never gets a world series chance.  (Joey Votto, one of my favorite players)

A complete and total travishamockery when one of the best players of all time cannot even get a playoff win and whose team can't even make the playoffs a few times,  like we have with Millville Meteor.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    tim lincecum’s wife passed away from cancer at 38. I didn’t even know he was married. that sucks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    That's awful.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Oh my god
    38.  Fuuuck.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Tatis suspended 80 games for PED violation
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Wow 
    What a fucking dumb ass.
    Can't imagine how pissed the franchise and fans and teammates must be at him.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I’m sure his dad used them, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Guys, he was just trying to treat ring worm. It's all a misunderstanding. :dizzy:
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Perhaps he shouldn't eat grass with his dog.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I'm not seeing any valid comparison between the angels and tiger woods either.  

Maybe the late 00s/early 10s mets, late 90s ny rangers.  
    MayDay10 said:

I'll try this one more time.

The comparison was that when Tiger lost, he still made the headlines.

When the Angels do something that no one else has in 80 years and lose, it still makes headlines.
    Tatis was the future face of baseball.  he screwed that up pretty bad as if riding his motorcycle, injuring his arm and NOT telling the team wasn't bad enough...

Judge will be the face of baseball as long as he is healthy now.  Hopefully Vlad can join that too as well as Jrod.

Baseball has some good young stars that don't get a lot of facetime.
    Baseball has an issue marketing its stars.
    How many folks know Mike Trout if they see him? What's the last Mike Trout commercial you saw on TV.
    By contrast how many folks know Tom Brady or Lebron James when they see them?

Poncier said:
    How many folks know Mike Trout if they see him? What's the last Mike Trout commercial you saw on TV.

Great point.  For a commercial of ball players I have seen Poppi, Altuve, Tatis and Bellinger.

Locally I have seen Keith Hernandez and Severino.

Baseball players don't do a lot of commercials I guess?  Subway has every sport BUT baseball it seems in their commercials.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    MayDay10 said:

When the Angels do something that no one else has in 80 years and lose, it still makes headlines.
    It’s still a horrible comparison. 

It didn’t take some epic feat for Tiger to get the headline. Whatever he did was the headline. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Poncier said:

Great point.  For a commercial of ball players I have seen Poppi, Altuve, Tatis and Bellinger.

Baseball players don't do a lot of commercials I guess?  Subway has every sport BUT baseball it seems in their commercials.
    Trout did a Subway commercial 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:

Trout did a Subway commercial 
    How the hell did I miss that one?
    DewieCox said:
    MayDay10 said:

It’s still a horrible comparison. 

It didn’t take some epic feat for Tiger to get the headline. Whatever he did was the headline. 
    He lost and made the headline... that is what I am getting at.