psst...6/27/2022

Comments

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Now we can (probably) finally get the 10Club Glacial Blue Variant of Gigaton I have been waiting for.  :)   Fingers crossed.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It's extremely weird to have this released without every song.... and during the active tour...would have thought after the tour with a lot more variety in where the song was performed.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    It's extremely weird to have this released without every song.... and during the active tour...would have thought after the tour with a lot more variety in where the song was performed.  
    Pretty sure its just the band trying to raise awareness to it seeing as they are only just touring it 2 years after release?
  • silvosilvo Posts: 283
    @Santos L. Halper Any EU/UK availability of the vinyl with CD or is it just US only?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I get that this is what message boards are for, more or less, but it's okay to just like let a thing happen and pass by and not complain about it. You don't want the CD, don't buy the CD! Problem solved!
    I think people are saying they actually really like the concept of this live Gigaton release but also just stating what they are looking for from this type of thing.

General view is that most would like:

All tracks from the album.
    Same sequence as album.
    More of a variety of shows.
    Standalone vinyl release.
    Value for money on the whole package.

I don't think the CD is overpriced on its own but then you have 10c shipping. I think if you are bundling a CD with an LP, you have to do better on price to entice people.

It's the kind of release I can easily just pass on. If it had met more of the above points then I would have snapped it up.

• apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Yeah Pearl Jam just do what we want

after you already released it

It is being bundled with the vinyl.

All they did was make it so everyone who already bought the album doesn't have to buy it again to get the bonus CD.  Pretty great move to show appreciation for their fans who bought the album two years ago, IMO.  This isnt some rare thing so it is super easy to pass on and ignore if you want.  Also, for all the "money grab" people it is actually the opposite since they are making it so you don't have to spend $40 ish to get this CD if you want it, also not sure how a $10 cd could ever be considered a money grab.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Could have been an analog member item  ;)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    I tend to think it’s possible record stores get the cd to bundle with the existing records they already have.  Slap a tour edition sticker on the record, hand the customer the cd

Is that possible? 

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I tend to think it’s possible record stores get the cd to bundle with the existing records they already have.  Slap a tour edition sticker on the record, hand the customer the cd

Is that possible? 

Seems doubtful. I would imagine its possible that if there are boxes full of them in a warehouse they take the plastic off, put a CD in, wrap it again and sticker. If they are pressing more then it seems like warehouse stock must be pretty low. 

I've often wondered about some of the stickers on things that say "features the hit singles" "Grammy nominated" etc if it's just the same initial pressing with just a sticker put on it, like they had boxes in the warehouse unstickered from when it was initially released months earlier or if they just pressed more due to demand.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

This item does not ship to Canada.
    Booo!!!!

• rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236
    BC62528 said:
    Santos - any chance this gets released on Vinyl?

Email:

Pearl Jam delivers the Tour Edition of their 11th studio album, 2020's critically acclaimed #1 Rock Album, and Billboard 200 Top 10 album, Gigaton, featuring 11 live songs including: "Dance Of The Clairvoyants", "Superblood Wolfmoon", "Retrograde" and more. Gigaton (Tour Edition) includes the original vinyl LP with an 11-track live CD recorded during various 2021 performances. 

This package will be available at indie record stores starting July 8th.
    its the original LP (  not live ) with a live CD 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    sold out
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    edited July 2022
    NM. From 2021 performances. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    demetrios said:

Another Pearl Jam item taken down from Merch Bar. :/
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    That’s awesome.

it’s really weird because literally this morning I thought it would be fun to do a tour compilation of every song played on a tour in one release.  This is the same idea 

What would be fun...do a sort of "Two Legs" but ONLY with Yield songs.

Then do a "Binaural" release, but only Binaural songs from the 2000 tour.

Then do Riot Act songs but only from the 2003 tour.

Avocado of those songs from the 2006 tour.

Backspacer from the 2009/2010 tours.

Lightning Bolt from the 2013/2014 tours.

I don't know if it would be possible with No Code and prior.
    Great ideal ? Nice thinking 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Has anyone received this yet? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Has anyone received this yet? 
    My 18 year old ordered it and received it almost 2 weeks ago. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• GP179117GP179117 Posts: 361
    got mine in Canada yesterday 
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Recieved mine on the 20th of July
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    I'm definitely 1 of the "other 1/2" of the orders still waiting to be filled. Yes folks, just procuring a CD these days is subject to 'supply chain issues.' Which is why we now get things like Elton John's Madman Across The Water 51st Anniversary Edition & Jethro Tull Broadsword & The Beast 41st Anniversary Edition.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    People still buy CDs?
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    KM73780 said:
    People still buy CDs?
    I was buying a select few, but my new car doesn't even have a CD player, so I'm done.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    hihobibo said:
    KM73780 said:
    People still buy CDs?
    I was buying a select few, but my new car doesn't even have a CD player, so I'm done.

Yeah once my car didn’t have one, it was over for me 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    I'm reading this thread and I have an idea:

What if it was a box set of CDs:

The album portions of Tenadelphia, Vsville, Mo Code, Yieldwaukee, Bironto...hell, they could throw Avocado from Italy in there.

It'd be six CDs and a good accompaniment to this CD, no?

People would buy it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Cout me among those disappointed--that I missed out on this release. Sure, I can take the files and compile my own digital/burned version, but it's never the same "feeling." As mentioned above, this would have been a perfect item for analog members.

CDs are heading toward their own great revival.

Given how expensive records have become (insane to spend $30 on any single disc mass-produced album), there's an opportunity for CDs to really re-enter the conversation despite being available all along during the vinyl re-boom. Once people can't easily get CDs at retail, they'll see a resurgence and prices will skyrocket on things many just tossed towards thrift shops. The reason ppl want vinyl is because most of us grew up on it, own(ed) it, and collect(ed) it all along. (I'm glad that I never strayed from vinyl when I also got into tapes and CDs.) Then it was taken away because we were a very select market of buyers who didn't offset the costs to produce. This is all coming for CDs. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Cout me among those disappointed--that I missed out on this release. Sure, I can take the files and compile my own digital/burned version, but it's never the same "feeling." As mentioned above, this would have been a perfect item for analog members.

Given how expensive records have become (insane to spend $30 on any single disc mass-produced album), there's an opportunity for CDs to really re-enter the conversation despite being available all along during the vinyl re-boom. Once people can't easily get CDs at retail, they'll see a resurgence and prices will skyrocket on things many just tossed towards thrift shops. The reason ppl want vinyl is because most of us grew up on it, own(ed) it, and collect(ed) it all along. (I'm glad that I never strayed from vinyl when I also got into tapes and CDs.) Then it was taken away because we were a very select market of buyers who didn't offset the costs to produce. This is all coming for CDs. 

Totally agree with your take on CDs.   At one point around 20 years ago, I had around a thousand CDs, but I slowly purged them on ebay after ripping them to digital files.  I hung on to all my favorite albums and bands, which left me with around 150 - 200 today.   I still buy new albums on CD from my favorite artists even though I don't listen to them often, I still like to see the liner notes and having something to hold while I'm listening to the album occasionally. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:

Totally agree with your take on CDs.   At one point around 20 years ago, I had around a thousand CDs, but I slowly purged them on ebay after ripping them to digital files.  I hung on to all my favorite albums and bands, which left me with around 150 - 200 today.   I still buy new albums on CD from my favorite artists even though I don't listen to them often, I still like to see the liner notes and having something to hold while I'm listening to the album occasionally. 
    Agree with both of you on this.  First format was vinyl but CD was so much more convenient and you didn't really have too much of a sacrifice on the artwork and liner notes.  Still buy CDs from select artists and a few vinyls as well.

On another note did anyone else get a shipping notice for the Gigaton Live CD but never receive it?  Tracking number still has not moved since July 11th.
  • on2legs said:

I slowly purged them on ebay after ripping them to digital files. 
    Wouldn't this be illegal.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"