2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Poncier said:
    So anyone that was saying Kyrie to the Lakers please stop now...  That was never going to be a thing and it's now proof.  Kyrie optioned to the Nets for another year.

Dude is just a headache.  He is Terrell Owens of the NBA.
    Lakers were the one team willing to do a sign and trade for Kyrie. Problem was that their offer was Westbrook, who Brooklyn wanted no part of.
    I'd rather keep Russ.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Poncier said:
    So anyone that was saying Kyrie to the Lakers please stop now...  That was never going to be a thing and it's now proof.  Kyrie optioned to the Nets for another year.

Lakers were the one team willing to do a sign and trade for Kyrie. Problem was that their offer was Westbrook, who Brooklyn wanted no part of.
    I'd rather keep Russ.

It did work out very well last year. And there's no evidence of Kyrie and Lebron being able to win together.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I'd rather keep Russ.

It did work out very well last year. And there's no evidence of Kyrie and Lebron being able to win together.  ;)
    I'll go by Kyries track record as of late.  NOBODY wants him.

Russ needs to find a fit for the Lakers and vice versa.

It's proven that LBJ doesn't need Kyrie problem child to win and I'd like to not see a 2nd go of it to see if it's still true...
    Things are looking rosy in Brooklyn.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Durant really has thin skin, guy is so talented but something aint right

go piggyback again
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    He's a ring chaser and knows that Brooklyn isn't a serious contender 
    Jumb0 said:
    Why advocate for that idiot Kyrie then? Should have put him in his place

plus winning in BK woulda been something
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Poncier said:
    Things are looking rosy in Brooklyn.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Did he ever advocate for him? 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    CROJAM95 said:
    Durant really has thin skin, guy is so talented but something aint right

go piggyback again
    he makes LeBron look loyal.  Great player but what a loser KD is
    Jumb0 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Did he ever advocate for him? 
    Said team needed to try & understand kyrie

understand what? U abandoned your post
    I heard about KD last night. 

When the going gets tough, they ask for a trade. 

Great message to send…
    A starting 5 of Malcolm Brogdon, Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Robert Williams III and Al Horford would be something.
    Smart & Brown match salary wise with Durant. Is Brooklyn getting a better offer anywhere else?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Poncier said:
    A starting 5 of Malcolm Brogdon, Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Robert Williams III and Al Horford would be something.
    Smart & Brown match salary wise with Durant. Is Brooklyn getting a better offer anywhere else?
    Based on the Gobert trade you’ll probably have to throw in the better part of a decades worth of unprotected 1st round picks on top of that. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    trying to figure out of utah is going to trade  mitchell, as well, or try to rebuild around him...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Based on the Gobert trade you’ll probably have to throw in the better part of a decades worth of unprotected 1st round picks on top of that. 
    Probably 3 and a couple swaps. Plus maybe a fringe player like Pritchard or Grant Williams.
    Brown is better than anything Minnesota sent back to Utah by a long shot and Smart is reigning DPOY.
    Those are 2 good pieces for Brooklyn to build on. But all dependent on what other offers Brooklyn gets, plus the other probable moving parts (Kyrie, Simmons). This is going to be quite the complicated scenario. Might end up being one of those 4 or 5 team deals when all is said and done.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Probably 3 and a couple swaps. Plus maybe a fringe player like Pritchard or Grant Williams.
    Brown is better than anything Minnesota sent back to Utah by a long shot and Smart is reigning DPOY.
    Those are 2 good pieces for Brooklyn to build on. But all dependent on what other offers Brooklyn gets, plus the other probable moving parts (Kyrie, Simmons). This is going to be quite the complicated scenario. Might end up being one of those 4 or 5 team deals when all is said and done.

if you get KD, you're getting kyrie, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    trying to figure out of utah is going to trade  mitchell, as well, or try to rebuild around him...
    He’d be crazy to want to stay, especially in this BOLT to a different team era when some diversity happens 

Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:

Nearly impossible any team could trade for both with their salaries. KD may claim he still wants to play with Kyrie, but they will be on separate teams next season unless KD has a change of heart and decides to stay in Brooklyn.
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:

Nearly impossible any team could trade for both with their salaries. KD may claim he still wants to play with Kyrie, but they will be on separate teams next season unless KD has a change of heart and decides to stay in Brooklyn.
    What heart? At this point I’ll ask if he even has any guts. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Die hard Nets fan here. Brooklyn did everything possible to keep these divas happy and it still didn't work out.  All that money and power for one playoff series win LOL.  Good riddance KD and Kyrie- you're only hurting your legacies even more with these moves.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Rumor is Donovan Mitchell will be a Knick by end of today...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    R.I.P. Bill Russell
    I miss igotid88
    RIP to the all time greatest winner.
    I encourage all of u to read up on what a good person and activist Bill Russel was. He was a better human than he was basketball player so that’s saying something. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Poncier said:
    RIP to the all time greatest winner.
    I encourage all of u to read up on what a good person and activist Bill Russel was. He was a better human than he was basketball player so that’s saying something. 
    Yes Yes and Yes
    Bill Russel jersey number 6 is being retired league wide.  That is good.

I just hope it isn't being done to deter away from the shitshow that is the Nets.
    It is a good move. Similar to Jackie Robinson's 42.
    Wish they had done it before he passed so he knew about it, not that he'd have wanted the accolades.
    LBJ signs extension.  Lakers will draft lil Bron.  It's all part of the plan...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    LBJ signs extension.  Lakers will draft lil Bron.  It's all part of the plan...
    But...is it a good one? I'm not so sure...
    chinese-happy.jpg