Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

1121314151618»

Comments

• rjbinneyrjbinney Posts: 18
    Yeah was coming here to ask about the magazine. I received last week, the spine says its the "All Seasons 2019" issue (although it's all Gigaton), and refers to the upcoming post-Covid Ohana 21 festival. Delays in printing perhaps?

Also - what's this "singles" everyone's talking about? I've been a member for five years, all I get are t-shirts and I think I've received three copies of "Deep".
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    rjbinney said:
    Yeah was coming here to ask about the magazine. I received last week, the spine says its the "All Seasons 2019" issue (although it's all Gigaton), and refers to the upcoming post-Covid Ohana 21 festival. Delays in printing perhaps?

Also - what's this "singles" everyone's talking about? I've been a member for five years, all I get are t-shirts and I think I've received three copies of "Deep".
    The band used to issue an 45 vinyl single once a year, two songs, a mix of unreleased b sides, live tracks, etc.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    rjbinney said:

They stopped the singles about 5 years ago
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rjbinney said:

if this is a serious question, they released a 7" single for members every year (mostly) from 1991-2018. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    rjbinney said:

They used to offer an annual Christmas vinyl with memberships too (usually a 7") but I think that stopped in 2017 or so? Not even sure they're caught up sending the last ones out to everyone yet, so you might even still be getting one of those lol
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,982
    The "2019" issue of Deep is also interesting in that there doesn't seem to be anything in there from the band.  There's stuff from Josh Evans, an interview with Jack Irons, plenty of Jonathan Cohen content-- but (unless I'm missing/forgetting something from when I read it last week) it doesn't look like any of the members of the band participated in any way in the creation of the issue.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Always thought Deep was cool in terms of the artwork but never saw any need to hold onto any of them. Had a quick flick through then gave them away or sold them cheap on ebay for someone else to enjoy. Still have the banana bread recipe though from the first Deep I think it was. Use that all the time. Deep always seem to take so long to do that it was never really current PJ news or anything so seemed a bit pointless. Maybe people love them but I think it's an outdated format, would have been happy to see it ended. The idea of t shirts are fine but apart from a couple that have been okay they really could have done so much more with them. 

The delivery of the singles became so much of a farce that they obviously had no option but to end them which was a real shame, especially with so many people into vinyl these days. Maybe one day they will revive it. Still waiting for their exciting plans for the membership to happen. Didnt that get said when they dropped the single.

• rjbinneyrjbinney Posts: 18

if this is a serious question, they released a 7" single for members every year (mostly) from 1991-2018. 
    Of course it's a serious question.

I just noticed at the top of the page it looked like people were saying they were getting singles, etc., as recently as this year and thought maybe I was missing out.

But, everyone agrees, this is a really old issue of Deep that just came out last week? I'm not getting mail dregs?

• aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,092
    rjbinney said:

I just noticed at the top of the page it looked like people were saying they were getting singles, etc., as recently as this year and thought maybe I was missing out.

But, everyone agrees, this is a really old issue of Deep that just came out last week? I'm not getting mail dregs?

Some people were. They didn't send out the 2017 and 2018 singles until late last year and early this year.
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    I've just received my DEEP mag and I had to pay 10€ for taxes/import fees/custom duties, whatever they're called. :rage:

Am I the only one? :astonished:
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    Hub. said:
    I've just received my DEEP mag and I had to pay 10€ for taxes/import fees/custom duties, whatever they're called. :rage:

I don't have mine yet, but that's what happened to me last year for the TenClub t-shirt... super annoying!
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rjbinney said:

sorry if I sounded harsh or something. But the singles have been a subject of hot debate and many locked threads, so it was surprising to me that someone who is in the fan club wouldn't know about them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• kirsikirsi Posts: 3
    I got letter from Finnish Customs Clearance that there is some delivery coming from outside EU. Guess it's this DEEP magazine. Problem is that I should have some value I use for declare customs. IS there any price tag in the magazine?
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I would say $10 USD. It's part of the membership, but no price stated that I have seen. Probably fair to make it 25% of membership fees. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • kirsikirsi Posts: 3
    deadendp said:
    I would say $10 USD. It's part of the membership, but no price stated that I have seen. Probably fair to make it 25% of membership fees. 

Thank you! I'll use that!
  • kirsi said:
    I got letter from Finnish Customs Clearance that there is some delivery coming from outside EU. Guess it's this DEEP magazine. Problem is that I should have some value I use for declare customs. IS there any price tag in the magazine?
    mine says  it's worth 14 dollars which it absolutely isn't. It's very annoying considering I now have to pay a customs charge on it here in Ireland. 
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Got to pay an extra € 5.20 for Deep Magazine.  It gets me worried about the extra payment for the shirt end of this year...
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    deadendp said:

No longer shipped in a cardboard sleeve. If you are looking for a pristine copy, this is not the Deep you are looking for. 😐
    This is so weird. Mine just arrived in New Zealand to my parents house, so I haven't picked it up yet. However, plastic ripped and looks a bit scuffed etc. What a strange choice for shipping.

How many deep are we behind now, 2-3?
  • Local customs are over-labeling these. This is how they are sent:

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    bazzer said:
    deadendp said:

No longer shipped in a cardboard sleeve. If you are looking for a pristine copy, this is not the Deep you are looking for. 😐
    This is so weird. Mine just arrived in New Zealand to my parents house, so I haven't picked it up yet. However, plastic ripped and looks a bit scuffed etc. What a strange choice for shipping.

We are waiting on 2020, 2021 and now 2022. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    deadendp said:
    bazzer said:
    deadendp said:

Maybe by the end of 2022 they will release a bigger Deep release that will include issues 2020, 2021 & 2022 in one.
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    demetrios said:
    deadendp said:
    bazzer said:
    deadendp said:

Maybe by the end of 2022 they will release a bigger Deep release that will include issues 2020, 2021 & 2022 in one.
    That would be a good idea.
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
    TinaE said:
    demetrios said:
    deadendp said:
    bazzer said:
    deadendp said:

That would be a good idea.

Indeed! It will make a lot of folks happy. Get those issues done & over with.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    A big bumper issue! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    Hub. said:

Pleased I went digital when the singles stopped.
  • Hub. said:

No, you are not. I live in the Netherlands and I also received a request from the postal office that they want me to come over and pay taxes for a TenClub package. I contacted TenClub (because I did not know what was in the package) and they told me they had labelled it as a gift so no tax should have been applied. Ofcourse.... Anyway, I'm not gonna pick it up. Especially not after reading your feedback on the content of the DEEP magazine. 
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    I don't know what else 10C can do. Sounds like overzealous customs/tax stuff. No ability to plead your case? I guess they get lots of businesses fraudulently labelling things as "gifts". But this really is kind of a gift. The whole membership is 50€, hard to argue the Deep is much of that!
    Any way we could get digital downloads of Volume 1 - 7 Deep PDF in our membership accounts?
    Thanks!
    For 2023, could we get two new choices when we used our Limited Edition Membership Item Coupon Code? Shirt is great and all every year but how about something new & different? Something, that would knock out socks off. 
This discussion has been closed.